“Great Taste Menu”

Ranked #632 of 1,068 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Great Taste Menu”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Visited the hidden gem that is the Hotel restaurant. My friends and I were treated to a great value menu which was promoting artisan producers. The starters included an outstanding charcuterie board, a trio of smoked salmon, poached salmon and salmon tartare (annointed with various tasty accompaniements). For main course I chose the Boeuf Bourgignone Pie which was to die for and finished with an exceptional selection of cheeses from all parts of the country. The waiters provided excellent service and we felt well cared for in this intimate and stylish dining room.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Clarehungrygirl
Cadogan9, Director of Sales at Cadogan Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Dear Guest's,

We are extremely pleased that you visited our new restaurant "Great Taste at The Cadogan" which combines and celebrates the nations finest produce from our independent producers.

Along with our Head Chef Oliver Lesnik both Nigel Barden and Xanthe Clay curated this month's menu. Every 6-8 weeks will see another 2 curators inconjunction with Oliver will create another exciting menu consisting of a selection of starters, main courses and desserts costing £28 for 3 courses per person.

We look forward to welcoming you again at "The Great Taste at The Cadogan".

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed February 13, 2012

You can make the most of London if your hotel is located at one of the most charming areas in Central London. The Cadogan Hotel is a classic both for a business trip (it's the most preferred hotel for many investment bankers and businessmen) or a personal trip. I booked a room for my family and I and enjoyed one of the most enchanting hotels I been to in London. The service personnel is pretty much nicer and kinder than any other hotel in London I know (I visit the city for business and pleasure trips rather frequently), and somehow manage to combine a familiar treatment with excellent manners. The building keeps the old-school charm we foreigners look for and has been partially refurbished recently. The food is high quality and the afternoon tea is a fantastic and pleasant time.

In this last trip I not only enjoyed my time at the city but also my time at the hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank drubianes
Dear Guest,

Firstly may i thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on your families recent stay with us at The Cadogan.

The hotel attract's a cross section of guests from Corporate to Leisure on a weekly basis. Regardless of the purpose of your stay at the hotel our aim is to acheieve a atmosphere of "Home from Home" with all our guests. Our service is peronable without being restrictive to our guests and all the team are focused on our guests having the utmost expereince whilst staying with us.

The hotel which is celebrating it's 125th Birthday this year still retains it Edwardian charm and ambience which can be clearly felt in our Drawing Room and Bar area's.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family to the Cadogan Hotel in the near future.
Wirral, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Well cared fro by staff; lovely rooms and food; very good location fro exploring and the theatres

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank QualityCountsJersey
Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent weekend break with us at The Cadogan.

Being located in the heart of Knightsbridge we are ideally situated for those guests requiring a relaxing weekend and also those wishing to be centrally located for visiting all the sites London has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you again to The Cadogan Hotel.
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed February 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Cadogan for 7 nights and loved each one. We arrived very early Monday morning on a red-eye from the states and the concierge, Joe, had arranged for our room to be ready for us. What a treat to be able to relax right away. Our room was 116, right next to the Oscar Wilde room. It was large and roomy with a very comfortable bed, a lovely view of Pont Street and the park across Sloane Street. The bathroom was large and we were kept well stocked with towels after asking only once for more. Room service was very tasty and fast. Different menu than the restaurant which wasn't all that great. Tea in the afternoon was very good and relaxing. The entire hotel is very cozy and warm. The entire staff were fantastic but the concierge, Joe, could not do enough for us. He had arranged a car to pick us up at the airport. He had made reservations in advance at The Ivy and purchased great tickets to a show. He arranged a tour for us and was very quick with a cab when we needed one. So many things were well within walking distance so the location was fantastic. If I ever go back to London, I most definitely will stay at the Cadogan again.

Room Tip: Being on the first floor you don't have to use the elevator, which scared me to death. Our room...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ALH59
Dear Guests,

Firstly may I thank you both for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at The Cadogan.

I am very pleased that we were able to accomodate you both in offering an early check in after your transatlantic flight. Where possible we do always try to offer this service as we recognise how important it is to our overseas guests.

Our Concierge which headed up by Joe Condron offer the service to all our guests of booking personal transfers from the airport through too organising theatre visits, dinner reservations as well local attraction visits. We are pleased that you availed of Concierge's expertise and your kind comments have been passed onto the entire team here at The Cadogan.
paris
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Stayed at the Cadogan for 3 nights in January. The hotel is absolutely fantastic, the room was very comfortable, warm and cosy. Very impressive to stay in the Lilly Langtry suite, and to discovery the history of the hotel where Oscar Wilde got arrested... Great service from housekeeping and concierge especially Jo and Richie who helped with good recommendations for restaurants and bars to spend a good time in London. The location is great too walking distance to Knightsbridge. I would definitely recommend and come back very soon!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank smeagul
Cadogan9, Director of Sales at Cadogan Hotel, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your 3 night stay in the Lilly Langtry suite Room 109.

We have a wealth of historical connections and these are reflected in our King Edward VII, Oscar Wilde and Lilly Langtry rooms.

The entire team here at The Cadogan value all of our guests and all are treated individually as our service is very personal and creates a "Home from Home" feeling.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again to The Cadogan.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I was looking forward to our stay at the Cadogan Hotel because I have passed it on many London trips and always admired its stately look. My husband and I splurged on an after-Christmas trip and were offered given room 401 on arrival. I should have objected right at that moment because it was directly opposite the old fashioned elevator with a kind of metal gate that opens and closes before the inner door of the elevator opens. But, weary from jet-lag we settled in to the room -- smallish, with small closet and very nice, large bathroom with lovely towels and amenities. The view of the park right across the street was also lovely. However, we were kept awake much of the night by the noise of the elevator, and the next day we asked to change. The staff is very accomodating and kind, and they did assist us in finding a different room away from the elevator. I just wish they hadn't given us the bad room to begin with. Not every floor has a room in that location, but if you are assigned a room that ends in 01, you might well be right opposite the elevator and you will hear it, along with the people using it, at all hours. The second room was again fairly small, and the bathroom was not as large, and one of the curtains was ripped. Also, their TV system is VERY peculiar in the way it turns on and operates. It really should be much simpler to use.
The location of the hotel is wonderful, and the staff is very good and helpful. Would I stay here again? Yes, I would like to, but I would really like to find a good promotional rate because it is a bit pricey (like all London hotels) for what you get.

Room Tip: Watch out for rooms overlooking the park if they are near the elevator, as it does make noise.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CAT
Dear Guests,

Firstly may I thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay with us at The Cadogan as we treat all feedback very importantly.

I do apologise firstly regarding the noise from our elevator when you stayed in Room 401, our lift is of keeping with the historical feeling and ambience of the hotel and is not a modern day lift in terms of its style.

I am very pleased to hear that on informing the Reception team of your problem that they acted immediately to resolve this and move you to another room. All our Superior Double rooms are on average 17 square metres in size and are located acrss all floors of the hotel. Being a historical hotel that originally was 2 grand Edwardian Houses our rooms are differing size and ambience,

The silk curtains in your second room I am pleased to advise have been replaced as all our curtains are silk we carry out a yearly programme of restoring and replacing any damaged curtains. The TV is a new internet system which we have recently had installed allowing guests a wide range of European and International channels, I am disappointed to hear that you encountered problems using the system and I have relayed this to external team.

Once again we do thank you for your honest feedback and we use this as an entire team to advance our services and standards.
Shanghai, China
Reviewed January 26, 2012

My stay at the Cadogan lasted around 4 days and I can only recall good memories from it.

The Cadogan Hotel has a large amount of positive points I'd like to insist on:

I start with their service, which is like no other, I really felt welcome as soon as I arrived in a London taxi and the door was opened for me. The employees are well prepared, always ready to help and are one of the main reasons I would come back to this hotel. Unlike other fancy hotels, at the Cadogan you get a cozy feeling, similar to the one you get when you are home.
The food is good and the bar is comfortable. However, I would not go to this Hotel only to eat there.

The beds are extremely comfortable and the rooms are of perfect size. The location, right next to Harrods, Hyde Park around the corner, a few steps from Knight's Bridge (and the flamboyant cars with foreign car plates). Nothing to complain about, really.

Again, this hotel seems to have focused on having their guests feel like they are home, and I don't know what it is (maybe the fact that it is relatively small), but they have managed to pull it off perfectly.

To finish, I can only say this hotel is perfect for couples looking for a quiet place in a very nice location. If you are looking for a place to have fun with your children, not recommended at all.

The Cadogan is unique and will only be this way for certain people.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better to get a view from the Hyde Park
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
11 Thank globalsombrero
Cadogan9, Director of Sales at Cadogan Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Dear Guests,

Firstly may I thank you on behalf of the entire team here at The Cadogan for taking the time to give your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

We take great pride and passion in the guest experience and service we offer and being a smaller hotel consisting of 64 bedroms we are able to offer a more personalised service that ensures our guests feel as if they were at home. This ethos is carried through all departments and we value each and everyone of our guests.

We are centrally located in the heart of Knightsbridge which allows our guests to sample all the delights this area has to offer from the world reknown department store "Harrods" to the thriving community feel of the fashionable Kings Road.

Many people are attracted to the hotel ranging from single individuals, couples and families and this creates a homely atmosphere across our hotel especially in the newly refurbished drawing room and bar where many of our guests relax the afternoon's away

Once again we thank you for your kind feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Cadogan.