I found this hotel on lastminute.com and booked it for a night away with my boyfriend.
I was a little concerned after reading some negative reviews but was thoroughly impressed with the hotel upon arrival.
The building is just a short distance from the DLR and was pretty easy to find (although we did almost walk past it). The entrance and reception is beautifully decorated and the staff at the check out desk were efficient and polite.
We had a standard double room which had a beautiful view of Canary Wharf, was clean and was a good size. I can see what some reviews mean about the hotel being a little dated but i felt that it gave the rooms quite a grand feel which I liked.
There appear to be plenty of options for food including room service although we did not sample these and the hotel is just down the road from Subway, Tesco and Pret a Manger. There is also a selection of restaurants and a shopping mall just across the river which take no longer than ten minutes to walk to.
The room was a little hot at night but that is my only vague concern and I would definitely consider returning to the Britannia International Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern hotel situated in Canary Wharf, London's popular Docklands area. Canary Wharf, Jubilee line underground station is a 5 minute walk away. DLR stations South Quay and Heron Quay are within 5 minutes walking distance. Enjoy the shopping and lively atmosphere of Canary Wharf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Britannia International Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia International London
- Hotel Britannia International
- Britannia International Hotel London, England