Britannia International Hotel
$194
$136
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$190
Rhodes Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$87
Agoda.com
Very Good 4/5
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
$119
$105
The Tower(London)(Great Value!)
$198
$96
Travelocity
4,216 results
All reviewsnational holidaysjacuzzi bathcanary wharf tube stationjubilee linebit datedcentral londonfull englishwest endarenathames
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Great location and reasonably priced food, a bit in need of a 21st century upgrade but at least all the bathroom equipment worked. Why do you have to pay extra for the gym? I would recommend the Indian restaurant but watch out for the dodgy lifts - only three and many times 2 only working

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Check in went ok , got to room and was very disappointed no heating , very dirty , wallpaper falling off wall , cobwebs on ceiling , very old and outdated , bed was the worst I've ever sleeped in all you had to do was turn over and you think the bed is going to collapse . No hot water in the morning so couldn't shower , Do NOT stay at this hotel we paid a lot of money to stay here and was very disappointed , the only good think about hotel was it was really close to the O2

Room Tip: We had room 220 on second floor
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wendy C
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Like other have said this is a dated hotel and the rooms really show it. My 2 biggest issues. The room wouldn't cool down, and the internet was completely useless. When I registered my 2 complaints, they had pages at the front desk of complaints from other guests in their log sheets. They know they have problems.

Room too hot: This is so Funny! Lowering the temp to 17 degrees and blasting the fan only made the room warmer. The advice from the front desk: "Turn it off completely the room will cool off". That was only because it 2 degrees outside and the windows are thin. LOL, that's their advice.

Internet: It amazes me that they are in the heart of such a financial district and their internet has so many problems! It can't find the wifi signal (even if you are next to the router), it cannot connect to it when it does find it, the password works sometimes not all the time, and the ISP has routing issues (see pics). It was so useless I had to stay at work until midnight because I couldn't from work at the hotel. Ali, the Hotel Manager responded, I quote, "It isn't our problem, we don't have anything to do with the IT that is in Manchester, I emailed them and they will look at it". I told him, "I was planning on working from the hotel, eating in the restaurants, drinking in the bar, and spending money there. I'm NOT, because I can't work from the hotel. So because I have this problem, you won't make money off me, that should make your problem. Then he said, "I will move you to another room next to the Router". Knowing it wasn't just the router, I said I want a better room too! I was moved to another room, better view, more spacious, and the heater worked correctly, but the sink and shower leaked water all over the bathroom floor when they were used. The network was still a mess and useless (see pics). But after several more complaints, they just kept saying they would email the outsourced IT company. They wouldn't let me talk to them, because they didn't even have a phone number to them. I never spent a single pence at the hotel.

To future travelers: Stay at the Hilton down the street! I tried to move hotels, but unfortunately Hilton was booked.

To Hotel Management: Your internet connection is like a having 50 Ferrari's trying to find a high speed motorway, but can't. When they find it, they are asked for a secret code to get onto the motorway, but the guard says no that is incorrect when it is actually the right code. When the guard does say it is okay to get on the motorway, all 50 Ferarri's try to fit on a motorway that only has 1 lane. Oh, and the motorway is actually a bumpy dirt road so the Ferrarri's can't go fast. Then just when they think they are off the bumpy dirt road, a construction worker says, wait here. We have to detour you, but can[t direct you where to go yet. When you eventually arrive, you're told you have to go back and start over. You have a problem that needs fixing.

You lost my business and the business of my company.

Room Tip: I had 2 rooms, both had different set of problems. Maybe you can choose the problem you don't want to have.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Things i liked were:- the staff are the great thing about this hotel. They can't do enough for you and are so polite and hard working:)
They have a little italian restaurante in hotel where you can get a take up to your room pizza.
This hotel is extreemly clean, again down to the excellent staff.
Room service was a treat, all beautifully presented and delicious.

There's a little supermarket accross the street, which is open til 11pm.

I really didn't like being told i had to pay £4 to use the pool plus extra for towels even though i was a hotel guest. i had to go back to my room to get the money, i'd rather thet just put it on the bill-so petty and stupid.

I missed not having a fridge or mini-bar:)

Rooms are a little dated now with old stag style furniture but perfectly maintained and spotlessly clean.

Some travel advice. I came into Euston Station. The best route is to get northern line from there to BANK then change to the DLR (docklands light railway I believe) and get off at SOUTH QUAY. Hotel is just up the road 5 min walk. It's nearer than going to Canary Wharf:)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank auntieangeThingwall
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Me and my Husband stayed at the Britannia international Hotel from the 14th january-18th january2013,travelling with national holidays.The hotel is of a very high standard.The food is excellent,with a choice of a carvery or salads,and fish and pasta. Also a good choice of deserts,and a cheese board.The breakfasts were well catered for also. Our room also had tea and coffee making facilities.We had fresh towels everyday,and the room was very clean and tidy. There is no evening entertainment at the hotel,and we found the drinks quite expensive. (I Drink dry martini and lemonade) ,and my husband a pint of lager.The first round was nearly £7.00, and the second round was £11.05. Ihad been charged for a double, you have to watch them as they measure the shorts in little tot glasses, and she had put two in mine,which i hadn`t asked for. The Hotel is ideally located with the tube station just round the corner from the hotel,and we travelled all over on the tubes,to seeing a couple of shows, to going to the tower of london. There is also a swimming pool in the hotel, which i would have used, but when we stayed here the weather was exceptionally cold, so i never went,as we had a challenge keeping warm.I would recommend this hotel to anybody who wants to stay in london, and next time we go to london i will stay here. you cannot fault it.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor,overlooking the docklands, and you could see the o2 arena from our room.You can sometimes here the docklands tube,but it usually stopped about midnight, and it didn`t really bother us.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple