“Horrible, but nothing that a bulldozer couldn't solve!”

Ranked #482 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Location is good.
Nothing else is!
It's tired, it's grubby, staff weren't friendly and furniture in room was 60s or 70s stuff that I reckon was cheap then!
On the plus side, soap and toiletries are ok.

Would I stay here again? if I was paid maybe but even then my negotiating stance would be harsh.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank arthurh
Giselle122, Manager at Best Western Swiss Cottage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I was disappointed to read that you were unhappy with your stay. If you would like to discuss the points raised in your review further, please do not hesitate to contact me via telephone.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed here on two separate occasions recently pre and post an operation in St. John's wood. Great location - could hardly be closer to tube. Very convenient to get anywhere in Central London. Rooms spacious, clean and very comfortable. Only disappointment no restaurant for evening meal but plenty of choice around the corner. Try the Pasticco Italian cafe/restaurant very good and reasonable.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel following your recent stays with us.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and do hope you will choose us again when you're next in London.

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on a Friday night as I had a gig to go to in Camden (Room 94 whoop!)
Location wise it's excellent - didn't take long on the northern line from Waterloo, then you come out of exit 2 of the tub station and it is just up the road.
When I arrived at the hotel they upgraded me to a superior room for free which was lovely. Just a shame I had such a big room when I was on my own!
Hotel was lovely. It's an old building so creaky in places but that just adds to the charm. I didn't stay for breakfast so can't comment on that. But overall it's a lovely hotel, great location and I would stay again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Itskatycam
Giselle122, Manager at Best Western Swiss Cottage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
1  Thank Doreen G

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Arrived late at night and the reception was less than welcoming. I was briefly lectured how to book. My room should have been in 2nd floor, but I was given a room in 3rd floor, no explanation offered. The whole place is in a rather sorry state and I am sure it has seen better days long time ago. The floor is very sqeeky, the furniture is old, the walls need looked after, there was no shelf in the old wardrobe, the shower head was falling apart and the reception was not helpful. He was telling couple of other guests that their room has been upgraded free of charge, but could do nothing for me when I complained about my room. Really bad treatment.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank doctor0011
Giselle122, Manager at Best Western Swiss Cottage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed here as we wanted to be near Central School of Speech and Drama and it was very handy for the school. The building is old but well looked after. For a London hotel it was very quiet. Our room was right up in the eaves and was large and comfortable. The hot water did take a while to reach the bathroom but we coped. The bathroom was brand new and very clean. The beds were comfortable and I slept really well. There was also parking which was a bonus. If you don't manage to get into the car part which does only take five cars then there is a large car park nearby but no street parking. Breakfast was the normal London buffet breakfast. I am not a fan of cooked breakfast preferring continental but the price was the same for both. There are plenty of places to eat. Swiss Cottage is a good location for exploring London. Primrose Hill, Regents park inc London Zoo are all within walking distance and the tube is close by. A good hotel in a very pleasant location.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for your review of our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the location of the hotel, I do hope that you will choose us again for a future visit.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I tried to go with an open mind as this had been booked by my work. It has the potential to be nice but requires a major upgrade in all area's. There is a breakfast room which did do a great cooked breakfast but no facilities for dinner. Thankfully I had colleagues to dine out with but had I been on my on that would have been a problem. The bedrooms are terrible, especially might which was 311 and was meant to be an exec double. It was three flights up and although there is a lift the first night I waited ten minutes and it never came. The room itself was the pits. Dark, dingy and very old fashioned. The carpet was marked as well as all the surfaces. The runner on the bed was stained and worst of all the bedside lamps had round plugs and pins. The lights worked intermittently and flickered off and on. A truly bad experience all in all.

Room Tip: Just don't book it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank stoneleigh19
Giselle122, Manager at Best Western Swiss Cottage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel.