DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London
  • Pool
$230
$185
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$175
Rosewood London(London)
$549
$409
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
$136
$115
Agoda.com
6,266 results
All reviewssky loungerooftop bartower hill tube stationnatural kitchencity cafeapple tvdouble treewarm cookiesthe executive loungeon arrivaltop floorweekend breakmodern hoteldecent sizewest endfull englishimac
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Hey there, this hotel is very nice. The best of all is the view out of the skylounge at floor 12. I´m from germany and we always thought that the hotels in the UK don´t have the same standart then in germany - this hotel defently have!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent comments! I'm delighted to hear that our hotel had impressed you, and was better than what you had been expecting for a hotel in London. It is always nice to hear when we have exceeded somebody's expectations. I hope we can be of service to you again in the not too distant future!

Warmest regards
Amy

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Went to London with my two children and wanted a central London Hotel.
Hotel is approx 300 yards from Tower Hill Tube station, right in the middle of (touristy) London.
We all got a cookie on arrival ...great touch for the kids.
Arrived at the hotel before official check in time but the hotel provided a facility to store our bags until check-in.
The rooms are clean and neat/cosy.
There is complimentary WiFi and an i-Mac in the room!
All the staff were extremely helpful and polite.
Tea/coffee facility in the room.

The only "con" was the price of the breakfast @ £15 per person.

Room Tip: When you exit Tower Hill tube station turn right and the Hotel is approx 300 yards away. (You will see a food cart in front of you a you exit).
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights while visiting London. We thought the location was excellent - a less than 5-minute walk to Tower Bridge and the Tower of London. The underground was even closer, so touring the city was very easy to do.

The room was great and modern. We really appreciated the computer in the room.

I have food allergies (allergic to nuts) and had difficulty finding a place to eat at a restaurant nearby. I bought some items at a nearby grocery store, but the hotel made me a nut-free breakfast without any issues, which I was so thankful for! The service overall at the hotel was top-notch.

The only downside was that we found the Skybar extremely overpriced. For one beer and one white wine spritzer, we ended up paying $22 Canadian. The view is nice, and it's fun to go up for a drink, but there are many other pubs that are worth going to that aren't nearly as expensive.

Overall, we would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it to others!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a good hotel in the heart of London.The check in was efficient and friendly and you are given one of the famous cookies!
Our executive rooms on the 9th floor are well appointed with a big double bed.The apple computer is a big boinus as it means you can leave the notebook in the safe!The bath room has a power shower but no bath.The toiletries are excellent.Miguel the reception manager was excellent and put some cheese cake and strawberries in my mum's room for a birthday treat.The small Portuguese receptionist was always smiling and was highly efficient as well.
The executive lounge is excellent for a relaxing breakfast and for a cuppa during the day and canapes and drinks before heading out in the evening.
The gym is a good size and has modern equipment.We only had one snag-it took us 20 minutes to get a taxi on Sunday afternoon-I am sure the guest services should have a more fool proof system.
This hotel though is really excellent,with great friendly service.
It is a good base for travelling round London.
Kendal Mint

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stay here when I can when I am in London for work. I have stayed here now about 3 times. It's very clean, has a great gym, a very nice roof top bar with beautiful views and several dining options. Rooms are equipped with Apple/MAC TV's. Tower Hill tube stop is around the corner and easy access to the foot path along the Thames and of Course London Tower and Tower Bridge. Service is also good. I forgot my blackberry charger when I was there a few months back and they charged my phone at the front desk and then delivered it to my room when it was charged the whole time I was there. This hotel has changed my perception of the Doubletree Brand - I did not know it was so nice!

Room Tip: Definitely Hit the roof top bar, SkyBar!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business