“Another amazing stay!”

GreenLeadersGold level
gloucestershire
“Another amazing stay!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Another brilliant stay at this hotel! Myself and my fiancé love this hotel, we have spent alot of special occasions here including getting engaged!! We stayed again in August and was a lovely stay as usual. We were kindly given complimentary drink vouchers for the sky lounge so that was fab. We got to enjoy a lovely couple of drinks in the sunshine and remembering the proposal.
The hotel is very modern and staff are very friendly. Breakfast is good but was quite busy so they run out of some stuff.
Good location as its only about ten mins on the tube to Leicester Square etc.
Beds are so comfy and the bathrooms are so clean and modern.
Would 100% recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (895)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Having stayed here for a single evening, I cannot perhaps offer a very rounded opinion of the hotel's full set of amenities. Frankly, my stay involved a business dinner, drinks, and clambering my weary way to bed a mere four hours before rising again and heading home.

What I can offer, in my limited experience, is evidence of polite, friendly and a very professional body of staff. Check-in was quick and efficient, whereupon I received a complimentary cookie, and I was directed to Room 216. Once in my room, I received a telephone call to ensure that everything was to my satisfaction. When I mentioned the fact that my window looked out onto a building site, I was immediately moved to room 506. Though I appreciated the gesture, frankly, the view from the new room was not spectacular, either, nestled as this hotel is, within the guts of the city.

I agree with other reviewers in being surprised that there was no bath in the room - the bathroom, in fact, is little more than a box - with just enough room for a shower, sink and toilet.

I enjoyed room service late at night and the food was excellent - and consistent with good fare I have enjoyed at other Hilton Hotels.

In summary - it was more than adequate for a business engagement for one evening.

Would I stay in this room for a prolonged period of time, or for leisure? Probably not.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Leeds, UK
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Couldn’t fault this hotel particularly as I got an excellent weekend deal through hotelstay. I have stayed in various locations across London but really like Tower Hill. So handy for trips to Greenwich, Borough Market and the West End and more.
All the staff without exception were welcoming and helpful. The room was very comfortable and clean. We particularly liked the Apple computer and free Wi-Fi.
Others have commented on queues at breakfast. We avoided this by arriving early. Good range of healthy options as we have come to expect from Hilton hotels. Staff were attentive.
An excellent hotel in an equally excellent location. More than happy to recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
london
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed here for one night . I must say i was surprised that we didnt have a bath. I was exepecting more from Hilton. Room small bathroom small. We stayed at Grange hotel next door and it was really nice comparing this one. Big room, bath robes slippers. Next time i wil be stying at Grange.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MonaM29
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The hotel has a great rooftop bar looking across to Tower Bridge of the Tower of London (that you can also walk to in a couple of minutes, so the location is excellent). A good choice for a trip to the capital. FYI: would recommend that you travel here by train as there's a station right next to the hotel - driving in London can be an adventure.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Good location, clean, and friendly staff. Wife and I stayed a couple nights over in Kensington then decided to get a new hotel in a different area. The Doubletree was one of the cheapest and highest rated in the area we were looking at, and we couldn't have been happier. Near a station, couple pubs and restaurants. It's a Hilton, you know what to expect and we wern't disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

If you're looking for a well connected hotel with numerous options to eat and drink within easy reach coupled with ample sized and comfortable rooms then this should do quite nicely.

This hotel is adjacent to Fenchurch Street Station and just 2 minutes walk from Tower Hill station. Tower Bridge and the wonderful St Catherine's dock are just 6 minutes walk away, and there are plenty of options with buses within a few minutes walk and taxis almost always outside the door.

Upon arrival we found the big wide reception and check-in area a little bit disorderly. No one told us where to stand and queuing was not encouraged so being seen in order was a bit more pot luck than structured. If you have a Hilton Honours card then a piece of carpet vaguely guides you to the desk. It appeared at our time of arrival that you were quicker to take your chances with us minions than queue there.

So to the rooms. I have a keen sense of smell, and my first impression was that of someone having used the bathroom. A smell more akin to the morning walk to breakfast when cleaners have the bedroom doors open than mid afternoon arrival. My nose soon adjusted however and I was suitably impressed with the size and cleanliness of the room and en-suite. We had Internet access via the hotel's in room computer / tv, plenty of space for clothes for a weekend break and the bathroom was well appointed with complementaries and bath robes. The bed was amazingly comfortable and we sat back and enjoyed the warm cookie we'd been handed with our keys at reception. Mrs and I then fought over the single complimentary apple - I lost!

The only two things I didn't like about the room were the bare walls making the room feel cold and the fact that there was no sound on the tv. We reported the latter to reception as we left and returning to the room some 4 hours later were disappointed to find the problem hadn't been addressed. We traced the wires ourselves, wiggled them a bit and miraculously fixed it - we never did see the maintenance engineer.

We included breakfast in our package and what a disappointment that was. The chairs were too reclined to support your back whilst eating and the only interesting food option was the sausages. Tip for the top, eat upstairs on floor 1 as it's really busy with queues in the ground floor breakfast room. Resist letting them guide you there, they will try.

In the evening, tired and feeling lazy, we ate in the adjoining restaurant; the Natural Kitchen. The staff were great, the food good and the price high but comparable to similar establishments in London.

In summary, a good sized room for central London and do remember this is situated on the edge of the City, therefore some bars and restaurants are closed at weekends. Worth checking before you go.

• Stayed August 2013