“We will be back”

GreenLeadersGold level
Wirral, United Kingdom
“We will be back”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This is a really nice hotel, the underground is right round the corner from this hotel in a really nice location. Tower Hill and the Tower of London is right round the corner and is a really good central place to stay for all the other sights of London.

Great service at check in, plenty of staff on the front desk that gave us a warm welcome and warm baked cookies, which was a lovely touch.

We had a room on the 6th floor with the street below which is really quiet and a great view of the Gurkin building. The rooms are nice and sound proof so never heard any street noise. The room itself was clean, spacious with a real modern look, it also had a hairdryer, kettle, iron and free wifi including apple mac computer and tv.
The hotel also had a good gym and the sky lounge bar at the top of the hotel is a real added bonus. This has really good views of London and it has a great outdoor seating area with heaters. The drinks themselves were a little pricey but you are getting a really good view and it's a relaxed atmosphere.
There is a resturant attached to the hotel called the Natural Kitchen which does really good food, we had a breakfast and two evening meals in this resturant as the food was that good.
We also had a breakfast in the hotel resturant which was the usual type of buffet breakfast, we got a voucher from the front desk for £15 instead of the normal £20.

I would definately go back to this hotel when I next go back to London and it will be one of the first I look at, we got a good rate for with Booking.com, definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear ‘Wirraltravller’,

Thank you for your review, it is great to hear you would look to return when next coming to London which is much appreciated.

We’re very grateful that our location allows us to offer so many different outlooks onto the City and many love to be able to see the Gherkin, it is a wonderful symbol for our City and the contrasting architecture you can find in the area!

Thank you for visiting Skylounge during your stay which can be a great spot to take in the sights and have a well-deserved rest from exploring! I hope we may be able to tempt you to dine in Skylounge or City Café on your next visit where we have recently introduced new menus, do get in touch if you would like copies of these or for more information!

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future and thank you again for your kind review and for wanting to experience our hotel,

With kind regards
Amy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (872)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ilkley, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed here Sat 20th - Mon 22nd April for the London Marathon. Booked via Booking.com. £258 for 2 nights - not bad for central London & cheaper than our Mercure base in Southwark last year. Hotel is modern, clean and very pleasant to be in and around. Great location right by Tower tube station & the Tower of London. Rooms not huge but OK for a weekend. Well equipped ( Applemac in room instead of TV & free WiFi - a nice touch). Bathrooms clean, modern with shower ( no bath). No views ( high buildings all around). As ever its the staff that make or break a place & this team were top notch. Great service & pleasant with it. The hotel made a lot of effort to accomodate Marathon Runners ( special menus, early breakfasts etc)Had a meal in the cafe restaurant on Sunday evening - special offer with 2 glasses of wine free £55 for two. Excellent food & service. There is a stunning roof top bar on the 12th floor with very special views over the Tower, Tower Bridge & the Shard etc. Great place to unwind - but be warned, £10 for a medium glass of so so red wine !! Fortunately a free glass of champers for my wife on production of finishers medal helped the pain !
Dont think you could go far wrong here for location, service, smart environment & all round feel good experience. Acid test - would we go back? Absolutely !

Room Tip: You can upgrade to an Exec room for £40 / night to include Breakfast, Robes etc. The standard rooms...
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I spent 5 nights here over a busy weekend (London Marathon). At first I was not happy, but on request they changed my room and I came to like the place. The good things include The Natural Kitchen cafe which adjoins the hotel, the neatly designed rooms, the location, and the rooftop bar which has really good views.
Initially I was put in a room overlooking Pepys St at the front. The room was large but soul less, had no view and some street noise. On request they moved me and I had an interior room looking into the central atrium. This suited me fine. It was a bit like Rear Window, you could often see into the rooms and corridors opposite.
The room was quiet, had an opening window, was compact but well designed and fine for 1 person, although it might get a little cramped for 2.
The location is right by the Tower Hill tube station, and an easy walk to Tower Bridge, the Tower of London, and accessible to that part of The City.
The service was friendly and helpful and responsive.

Room Tip: I actually preferred the internal rooms facing the atrium.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Beverly, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at the DoubleTree Tower of London for 7 nights while visiting London. The hotel is perfectly situated near the Tower Hill underground station (5 minute walk, if that), and is close to several small restaurants and pubs. Across from the Tower Hill station is the Tower of London, with a few shops and restaurants as well. I could repeat everything that others have said about the great rooms, location, etc., but I think what really sets this hotel apart is the staff. From the moment I walked through the door, the staff went out of their way to make my stay as comfortable as it could be. The woman at the front desk seemed surprised that I would expect anything less than an early check in (12:00) when I arrived. While the view from my 9th floor executive room wasn't bad, I called to ask if there were any rooms on the other side of the hotel with a view of the Tower Bridge/Tower of London. No problem - they would have a room ready when I returned from a few hours of sightseeing. I stopped by guest services to ask about a store nearby to buy a cheap cell phone charger after leaving mine at home. No need - I could borrow one for the duration of my stay. The first night, the temperature in the room was quite warm. The next morning, I stopped at the front desk to ask if it could be adjusted. By the time I returned a few hours later, the air conditioning was working perfectly. The complimentary mini-bar was kept stocked every day. The waiter at breakfast learned my drink preference on my first visit (cranberry juice with ice), and asked if that's what I wanted each morning when I arrived. Overall, just a great place to stay, with staff that go out of their way to make you feel welcome and to accomodate any requests. It's a little away from the bustle of downtown London, and has a great neighborhood feel. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are great (try an e-standby upgrade if you don't want to pay the full price to u...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank lirwin13
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed at this property for a long weekend (Sat-Tue), and from the minute we checked in, everything about our stay was wonderful. The staff were all very attentive and kind, which is especially appreciated when traveling with children. Location was great for seeing London-we took boats from the Tower Bridge Pier to get around, which was convenient and which the kids really liked. Breakfast was so good, and Greg and the other managers and staff went out of their way to make sure we had what we needed. The rooms were very clean, the beds were cozy , and we didn't want to leave. Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear ‘Jenny W’

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing to stay at DoubleTree Tower of London for a getaway with your family. Getting around by boat can be such great fun and I’m pleased our location had helped you to enjoy this and enabled you to see the sights.

Thank you for mentioning that Greg and the City Café restaurant team had ensured you had everything you needed at breakfast and that your room had been comfortable, we often welcome family’s to the hotel during weekends and holiday periods and anything we can do to help make your experience a seamless process is always a pleasure.

If ever myself or our team can be if any further help please do not hesitate to get in touch,

Warmest regards
Singapore
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stay here for 6 night when I was in London for business planning. The hotel was alright and nothing special. The staff sometimes were not very helpful sometimes and sent me the conflict message. The house keeping is very basic.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Had a great stay at this hotel. Didnt really use it for anything other than a base as I had a party up the road, but it was clean fresh & comfortable, had everything we needed, even if drinks are pretty pricey!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear ‘Gemma S’,

Thank you for visiting even if this was brief! I hope you had enjoyed your evening and you would be inclined to stay with us again.

We do appreciate that bar prices in Skylounge are higher than you may expect compared to other bars. We do however feel this is in line with other similar venues and I hope the experience had overall been positive.

Do let us know if there is anything we can assist you with at this time,

Kind regards