DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London
$285
$248
$207
  • Restaurant
Park International Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$309
$299
  • Bar/Lounge
$214
$155
Novotel
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$165
$1,001
$795
  • Pool
6,360 results
All reviewssky loungerooftop bartower hill tube stationnatural kitchencity cafeapple tvdouble treewarm cookiesthe executive loungeon arrivaltop floorexcellent locationweekend breakmodern hotelfantastic hotelfull englishwest end
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at the DoubleTree Tower of London for 7 nights while visiting London. The hotel is perfectly situated near the Tower Hill underground station (5 minute walk, if that), and is close to several small restaurants and pubs. Across from the Tower Hill station is the Tower of London, with a few shops and restaurants as well. I could repeat everything that others have said about the great rooms, location, etc., but I think what really sets this hotel apart is the staff. From the moment I walked through the door, the staff went out of their way to make my stay as comfortable as it could be. The woman at the front desk seemed surprised that I would expect anything less than an early check in (12:00) when I arrived. While the view from my 9th floor executive room wasn't bad, I called to ask if there were any rooms on the other side of the hotel with a view of the Tower Bridge/Tower of London. No problem - they would have a room ready when I returned from a few hours of sightseeing. I stopped by guest services to ask about a store nearby to buy a cheap cell phone charger after leaving mine at home. No need - I could borrow one for the duration of my stay. The first night, the temperature in the room was quite warm. The next morning, I stopped at the front desk to ask if it could be adjusted. By the time I returned a few hours later, the air conditioning was working perfectly. The complimentary mini-bar was kept stocked every day. The waiter at breakfast learned my drink preference on my first visit (cranberry juice with ice), and asked if that's what I wanted each morning when I arrived. Overall, just a great place to stay, with staff that go out of their way to make you feel welcome and to accomodate any requests. It's a little away from the bustle of downtown London, and has a great neighborhood feel. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are great (try an e-standby upgrade if you don't want to pay the full price to upgrade). Ask for a view of the Tower Bridge if available.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank lirwin13
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed at this property for a long weekend (Sat-Tue), and from the minute we checked in, everything about our stay was wonderful. The staff were all very attentive and kind, which is especially appreciated when traveling with children. Location was great for seeing London-we took boats from the Tower Bridge Pier to get around, which was convenient and which the kids really liked. Breakfast was so good, and Greg and the other managers and staff went out of their way to make sure we had what we needed. The rooms were very clean, the beds were cozy , and we didn't want to leave. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear ‘Jenny W’

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing to stay at DoubleTree Tower of London for a getaway with your family. Getting around by boat can be such great fun and I’m pleased our location had helped you to enjoy this and enabled you to see the sights.

Thank you for mentioning that Greg and the City Café restaurant team had ensured you had everything you needed at breakfast and that your room had been comfortable, we often welcome family’s to the hotel during weekends and holiday periods and anything we can do to help make your experience a seamless process is always a pleasure.

If ever myself or our team can be if any further help please do not hesitate to get in touch,

Warmest regards

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stay here for 6 night when I was in London for business planning. The hotel was alright and nothing special. The staff sometimes were not very helpful sometimes and sent me the conflict message. The house keeping is very basic.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Had a great stay at this hotel. Didnt really use it for anything other than a base as I had a party up the road, but it was clean fresh & comfortable, had everything we needed, even if drinks are pretty pricey!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear ‘Gemma S’,

Thank you for visiting even if this was brief! I hope you had enjoyed your evening and you would be inclined to stay with us again.

We do appreciate that bar prices in Skylounge are higher than you may expect compared to other bars. We do however feel this is in line with other similar venues and I hope the experience had overall been positive.

Do let us know if there is anything we can assist you with at this time,

Kind regards

Reviewed April 24, 2013

It is really hard to know where to stay when coming to London. The whole town seems overpriced. This hotel is no exception. We've stayed at many DoubleTrees over the years and this one fits the bill. It is clean, quiet, and a nice place to stay. The view from the Skybar is amazing. The problem was that we had to deal with the house music..... boom, boom, boom. Other than that, we'd enjoy coming back again and would definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear ‘Kristin K’

Thank you for your review and for your continued support of the DoubleTree by Hilton brand!
I’m very sorry however that you could hear music coming from Skylounge during your stay and if ever we are made aware that this has disturbed any of our guests we will immediately reduce the volume. That being said we do carefully check whether noise could pose as an issue however I’m very sorry we had failed to correctly adjust this on the night in question.

It is great to know that you would still like to return and you would not hesitate to recommend us to others which we really appreciate.

Thank you again for your feedback and do let us know if we can be of any help in the future,

Kind regards