New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London
Ranked #206 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Essex
“Superb London hotel next to Fenchurch Street”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Absolutley loved this hotel. The staff were very friendly and attentive and you even get a warm cookie on arrival. Nice touch.
Got a really good deal for a Friday night.
It's also a minute walk from Fenchurch Station and a few mins from Tower Hill underground. Great location.
I would definitley recommend this hotel and go back there myself

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (824)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed at the Doubletree Tower Hill from 2/2/13 until 4/2/13. The staff I must say were honestly the friendliest I have ever experienced. In particular the Night Manager and staff at the reception were extremely helpful throughout our stay. We had a young child with us and they were very helpful in making sure we were comfortable throughout the stay.

The room was well equipped and a good size. It was extremely clean including the bathroom. Room service was excellent.

The hotel itself is a 1 minute walk from the Tower Hill Underground Station providing access to the rest of London with ease.

I would definitely recommend this to those staying in London - it is ideal for people on business but the hotel and staff is also family friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Excellent location, comfortable rooms and amazing view from the roof bar. Unfortunately it was let down by extremely slow service in the bar at the top of the hotel due to poor organization of staff.

The receptionist was lovely at check-in though unfortunately did not provide any information on the offers available to us as guests at the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review however I'm very sorry to hear there had been 2 particular areas of your experience which you had felt let down by.

I hope that we were able to quickly rectify any confusion with regards to what had been included with your booking, however I will be ensuring our Reception team are made aware of your feedback and I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Additionally please may I ask you to contact me if ever you can consider returning to our Skylounge as I would love to help in booking you a nice table with your first drink (and a drink for a guest) on us. (Some drinks would be excluded from this). In light of these circumstances we feel it important we can restore your faith and provide you with a relaxing experience in the gorgeous Skylounge.

Whilst the Skylounge can experience very busy periods on our peak nights, this doesn't excuse any failings you had found in the way in which we had taken care of you and I am very sorry.

You are welcome to contact our Switchboard and they can offer you my direct contact details. I hope we can welcome you back to DoubleTree and the Skylounge soon.

Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed here weekend of 2nd/3rd February. I have stayed previously and really had a good time, the friend's who accompanied me were very impressed by the service they recieved, the rooms exceptionally clean, warm, with a bathroom to die for especially the power shower, excellent breakfast, guest services ordered transport to the o2 arena as we were lucky enough to get tickets for Strictly come Danceing, nothing was to much trouble. Would we stay here again!! Definatly in fact planning for Christmas Shopping already.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing to come back to our hotel and I'm thrilled to hear you're already thinking of making a return trip later in the year. No doubt you all had a fabulous time at the O2 to watch Strictly Come Dancing (sounds amazing!) and it is great that our Guest Services team ensured your transport was arranged.

Thank you very much indeed for your feedback and if ever I can personally be of any assistance please do not hesitate to reach out to me and our teams.

Wokingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed here to work at the Excel but be able to go out to the tourist areas with colleagues in the evening.
The location next to the DLR was perfect for the 20 minute ride to the Excel. Getting into Covent Garden etc was a taxi, but only £12 or so.

Staying in or that quick night cap after going out was nice. The hotel gave the sense of space in the lobby bar and the Sky Lounge had a great view along with a vibrant atmosphere.

The rooms were small - I guess in keeping with London. They were clean and had reasonable facilities, certainly good enough for my 4 night stay.

Finally - eating out was ok. There were the usual selection of Italian chain restaurants within walking distance (Strada, Pizza Express, Zizzis) and a few pubs. The Hung Drawn and Quartered was actually nice with some great pies.

Dear 'Chris_Wokingham'

Thank you for choosing to stay at DoubleTree Tower of London for this business trip. I'm pleased to hear that our location allowed for a stress free journey to the ExCel and you were able to take time to enjoy some of our facilities, including Skylounge!

I sense we didn't quite ‘tick all the boxes’ for this trip and am hopeful that should you be able to return we can do better and provide you with a faultless stay from beginning to end.

If you have any further feedback that you would like to send our way, please do not hesitate to do this by calling our Switchboard who would be more than happy to offer you my contact details.

Otherwise I wish to thank you again for offering your comments and we hope to see you again soon,

Warm regards
Manchester, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Superb location right by the tower of London. The room was very clean and nicely decorated with an apple tv that I personally find a pain to navigate. The pillows were poor and very firm but overall it was a good experience. Nice breakfast options and good attentive service. Would stay again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for coming to stay at DoubleTree Tower of London on business in January. I'm delighted to hear you would look to return however I apologise you had found the pillows in your room to be too firm. May I suggest on your next stay with us, this is highlighted to our Housekeeping team (this can be done by calling our Care line on extension 0, or by all means you can inform reception when checking in). We can then arrange a better suited pillow to be available for you and I apologise for if this had meant for an interrupted night’s sleep.

Whilst it is rare that we receive similar comments to this, we appreciate that this can be a personal preference and we are only too happy to accommodate any particular requests provided this is available.

Thank you once again for posting this review and we look forward to welcoming you back,

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stay here almost every time I visit London since it is cheap and located near Lloyds of London, but my last stay had just about the smallest room I have ever seen. If you are looking for quality, or something bigger than your closet, stay at a hotel on the West end, not in the City of London.

Room Tip: If you stay here, pay extra for a little bit bigger room.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank irbflyfish
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor and I'm very sorry you had been severely disappointed at the size of your room and its decor.

With the exception of our suites, our rooms would all be of a very similar size and this leads me to think you may have been allocated a guest room looking into our courtyard/glass atrium roof. Our rooms in this area of the hotel would carry a slightly different lay out and may have given you the impression that this was smaller.

Our guest rooms at DoubleTree Tower of London do carry a contemporary design which some have viewed as too minimalistic whilst others find this very comfortable however I appreciate this is personal taste and I hope that you would not be deterred to visit us again in the future.

Thank you once again for your review,

Kind regards