“Pleasent evening”
Review of Hix

Hix
Reserve with OpenTable
Hix is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,621 of 23,593 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Located in the heart of Soho, an area which is quickly moving towards fast casual, to visit HIX Soho is to experience true hospitality and the subtle elegance of service-craft. With an unrivalled dedication to seasonality HIX Soho brings fish and shellfish to the forefront, offering a premium seafood experience serving carefully sourced produce from the British Isles. The leather banquettes lend themselves to intimate corner tables for two or larger dining parties of up to 12, a rare find in this part of London. The oak paneled private dining room is the perfect setting for discreet meals and meetings for up to 10. Open all day every day, HIX Soho is the perfect spot for pre-theatre dining. A set menu is also available until 6.30pm every weekday for only £19.50 for 2 courses. Join us for Bottomless Brunch on a Saturday or the best British roast every Sunday. Downstairs is the iconic Mark’s Bar with its apothecary bar and an eccentric seasonal cocktail list. The bar is open from 12noon - 1am for drinks and bar snacks. Mark's bar does not take reservations for drinks as it operates on first in first served basis.
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I am in London on business and myself and one of my colleagues went for our evening meal. I had heard great things about it. I had a nice time there. We did the 2 courses and a cocktail for £20. We had limited choice on the food and the drink so we were kind of forced into what we chose. I understand this is usually the case with set menus. I thoroughly enjoyed the food, it tasted fresh and was tasty. Even though there was pretty small portions and had to get a pudding, I was fairly full up by the end and the price was fairly reasonable. I am not likely to go back if I am honest, not that I was disappointed I just didn't feel like it was anything special, just a standard nice meal.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Relatively slow service, food was very good all round - there were 6 of us and we were all very happy with the food. Wine list is not the best - or at least what one would expect of an establishment like Hix.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I went to Hix last week for dinner with some out of town work colleagues. I hadn't been before but had a positive recommendation so decided to give it a try.

We started in the bar- nice atmosphere, and an eclectic crowd. I liked the historical background for each cocktail- very interesting. (Were they fictional? Who cares!) I had the Pegu Club which was a nice gin based cocktail, not too sweet.

Upstairs we enjoyed a la carte- had a nice meal. I had the duck salad (very nice) and fish and chips accompanied by a Savoyard white wine. I didn't have pudding but my colleagues raved about theirs. A really nice meal and not rushed even thoughthtey were fully booked.

The food and drinks were very good- and the service was a pleasant surprise. I often feel after dining out in London that I haven't gotten what I've paid for- the food isn't great, or the service lets the restaurant down. But I have to say that Hix got it all right. The servers were pleasant, flexible and friendly. When we showed up with an extra person they accommodated us with no problem. The servers were knowledgeable and not at all pretentious. Gave a great steer on food choices and wine selection and dealt with a food allergy professionally. They were busy but still made time to discuss our meals and chat. It didn't feel like a trendy foody place, there was no attitude at all.

All in all I'd go back- even if I was paying the bill myself. In fact, I notice they have a special kids deal during certain hours of the day so will look for an opportunity to bring the family next time.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Have been to Hix several times now and it has become one of my favourite places to eat in Soho. Excellent unpretentious food and friendly efficient service combine to make this a really good choice for entertaining especially at lunchtime.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Bar & Restaurant
Great location to have a meal or a drink. I did rate the basement bar area. Good selection of cocktails. Plus a good atmosphere