“Historical, State of the Art, Interactive, almost overwhelming”

Churchill War Rooms
Book In Advance
More Info
$28.21*
and up
Churchill War Rooms Entrance Ticket
Ranked #3 of 1,849 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: The underground headquarters of the British High Command served as the nerve center of Britain's war effort during World War II.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I thought we were going to see the rooms where Churchill and his team conducted their WWII strategic planning. We did get to see them, but sooooo much more. This museum has an excellent collection of memorabilia, letters, photos, paintings etc, but also some amazing interactive exhibits. I absolutely loved the "timeline".

1  Thank cmalbumqueen
Write a ReviewReviews (18,356)
All reviews
in 157 reviews
"information"
in 2,495 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Sure you may be spending a sunny morning underground but get your tickets online you won't be in a long line. If you prefer to do your indoor museums on rainy days, prepare to spend time waiting to get in. While I'm sure the movie The Darkest Hour has generated interest in Churchill War Rooms, part of its popularity is due to the wonderful audio presentation and interesting museum. Do the self paced audio tour first and then do the museum. You could easily spend a few hours in the museum. A group had rented out one of the rooms for a conference while we were there. Pretty unique venue for a meeting!

1  Thank Jayne H
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I visited the War Rooms with my daughter, we were lucky there were no queues, as we got there at opening time. The venue is easily accessable across St James ' Park. The audio guide equipment was very good and well explained. This is real history with the reality of the pressure of war on Churchill and all his aides, apparent throughout. This captures very well the period and the personalities. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

So interesting - the entire bunker is preserved exactly as it was left at the end of WWII. The Map Room and Churchill’s secret transatlantic phone room were the highlights for me.

1  Thank kerrib844
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My uncle fought in WW II in Patton's Third Army for two years and often remarked that he though Churchill was a great leader for Britain during the war. Therefore I looked forward to going to the war rooms. I thoroughly enjoyed the tour and understand why my uncle thought he was such a great leader. It really provides a glimpse of life during the war. I have read extensively about WW II but was surprised that my 20 something children and wife thoroughly enjoyed the tour as well. I would put it in the top 4 - 5 attractions on the London area. Westminster Abbey, Tower of London, Windsor Castle and Churchill War Rooms would make a good start to a sightseeing vacation in London in my opinion.

1  Thank Billyray312