“The Sushi doesn't fit...” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Lodn
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Sushi doesn't fit...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

My girlfriend and I went for dinner here. We are a mixed South-Asian and Eastern-European couple When we arrived, we were seated upstairs, in a room where 2 more table were fully seated, with maybe 5 people in the room before us. We ordered almost immediately, as I had been there before for lunch, knew the menu well and this was my girlfriend's first experience of Japanese food. The room eventually filled with 20 more people. The other diners appeared to be mainly White-English, with a handful of South-East Asian diners. The entire room was served before us. We had ordered the simplest, quickest dish on the menu - being a rice meal, instead of an intriquate Sushi or Sashimi dish.

• Visited December 2012

Padua, Italy
“i don't regret it at all!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I went here with some friends on a Sunday. We didn't know anything about this place but (fortunately!) YoSushi was closed so we looked for other sushi restaurants in the neighborhood. We were so lucky to give this place a try! It's really cosy and nice inside. Service is fast and helpful. Food really good: the fish we had was so fresh and they have a good selection of sushi and sashimi. A friend of mine had a soba, instead, and she seemed pretty happy of the choice. We ate a sushi and sashimi plate, edamame, we drank coke and had a dessert, 20ish pound.
I did like it and i hope to come back there soon.

• Visited January 2013
Guangzhou, China
“Very tasty food. The wasabi ice cream is a must have”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Meal for 2 including drinks is about £40-50

I have been to Tenshi 3 thimes in the last year. It is about 3 minutes walk from Angel tube station.

The food is really good and the portions are very filling.

I usually have the Chicken Gyoza or the Chicken Yakatori as a starter.

For mains I go for the amazing okonomiyaki with pork (very filling) or for the Katsudon (pork and egg). Sometimes I have the Pork Katsu curry. the curry sauce is really flavoursome and suits even the mildest of tastes.

Always finish of with the Wasabi Ice Cream.

All washed down with a bottle of warm sake (try the apple sake, not as stong as the others but really good) if it is cold outside or plum wine if the weather is warmer or some japanese lemonade if I am on the wagon.

The prices are realistic and reprent good value.

Service is really good.

I like to get one of the tables by the window so I can watch the world go by.

• Visited October 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Fresh and delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

As we live around the corner of this place, we come here quite often. The service could be slightly faster, but the food never disappoints. Fresh sashimi (try the tuna tataki) and great grilled eggplant (nasu dengaku). Their selection of rolls is limited but of good quality as well. Overall recommended for a quick tasteful dinner

• Visited December 2012
Hong Kong, China
“So, so disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Not expensive Japanese restaurant but with miniscule portions. The dipping sauce for my tempura udon was tasteless. My spinach started was so small that I could barely find it on our table.

• Visited November 2012