“pizza nightmare!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Pimlico
Description: Traditional Italian restaurant and pizzeria with a wide range menu from across the regions
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The atmosphere was terrible, but we were hungry, so we ordered pizza as well! It was frozen! The one you can easily fount at Tesco for 2 pounds!!! Every pizza is the same kind - margherita - they just add a tip you chose on the top! So, next time I go directly to Tesco!

PS: The service was terrible as well: at the beginning they offered bread as welcome but they charged it as the check came.

2  Thank vincaputo

Reviewed September 11, 2013

On arrival we were " given" two slices of bread and 6-8 olives , later charged £2.60
It clearly said on the plastic table menu No cover charge ,so I left a tip , after leaving realised there was a cover charge included..Food was good .Considering my experience manager / owner service friendliness seemed insincere , just out to make money ..

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very good pizza, maybe the best in Victoria. The staff is very helpful and nice, always with a smile. Defo will return!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

great little authentic italian restaurant! value for money, excellent customer service and amazing food, tasted just like my nonnas! felt like i was in italy

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I usually try to avoid Italian restaurants abroad as I know the food won't be the same as back home. This restaurant surprised me not only because of the food that as I was expecting would not be as good as in Italy, but also for the bad atmosphere overall.
It starts with the table which you can't choose. The manager shows you the options even when the restaurant is empty. Then I tried to order quickly as I was in a rush and I hear from the waitress "look I can't take your order because the kitchen is in a kind of a mess, only the manager can take orders", second bad start. The there is this insistence in speaking Italian all along, that, would be fine for the first 5 minutes, after all we are in an Italian restaurant, but then it gets boring and useless, I mean if I go to an Indian restaurant they are not trying to speak Indian all the time. Then It comes the food: way too salty! You don't even taste the ingredients because everything is covered by the salt.
All in all, I didn't like this restaurant. I do not recommend it and you would be better off trying some spot near Piccadilly or other sightseeings around the city. After all you are in London and what you won't lack are options.

2  Thank agiacotto