“Great base for this part of town.”

Ranked #427 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We had a good room on the top floor over looking London. It was well decorated, bright, quite, clean and had ample storage for our short stay, although more cupboard space might be an improvement! We didn't have breakfast as we thought it was too expensive but the dinner buffet was reasonably priced and we were surprised by the quality of the food on offer. Service was efficient and helpful without being over bearing. We thought the wine was reasonably priced as well. Although the surrounding area is uninspiring, the area is safe and handy for the tube at Hammersmith Broadway, The Hammersmith Apollo and Fulham FC. There are decent pubs near by along the main road towards Fulham and The Old Suffolk Punch is one we would point out, although very busy if there is football on at Fulham. The reception is one floor up from street level and the staff there are friendly and efficient. We were booked in in a matter of minutes. The bar is modern and with ample choice of drinks with as you would expect here, friendly and efficient staff. We would stay here again without hesitation next time we are in the area for events at the Apollo across from the hotel (5 mins walk). We hope if you stay here, your stay is as enjoyable as ours was.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor and back from the main road.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SteveBishop.
NovotelLondonWest, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London West, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear Steve,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Novotel London West on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel facilities and the bedroom you stayed in, but also the service provided by the teams. You can rest assured they will be congratulated for their good work.

We are extremely pleased we left you with a memorable experience and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Emilie Sibourg
Guest Relations Manager

There are newer reviews for Novotel London West

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Okay where do we start , The carpets in the rooms are soiled and dirty, the shower floods the bathroom floor even if you are careful . The mattress is almost an afterthought for the bed frame . It's about 3 inches thick and is one of the most uncomfortable beds I have ever had the misfortune to sleep on. the sheets barely cover the mattress and as a result get bunched up under you during the night .The pillows are in fierce competition with the mattress as to which is the most uncomfortable . We requested feather pillows but were told that none were available due to allergies. Well it's me asking for them and I don't have any allergies. The air con didn't work in the first room we were in, It did in the second . Overall opinion of the rooms , old tired neglected and rundown.
This attitude pervades the entire hotel and includes the frontline staff, with one or two notable exceptions, they are some of the rudest people I have ever experienced in the hospitality industry . They must have been absent when guest relations was taught at hospitality school . I spend more than 15 nights per month in hotels around the world and I have never been so shabbily treated by frontline staff .
It's an attitude that emanates from some of the staff . Its not a case of what can we do for the guests, but rather The guests are a pain in the butt and the quicker we can get rid of them the better.
So where does this attitude start? I can only conclude Right from the top ,management could walk into almost any room and with only a cursory glance see the faults I have described and rectify them , but it's not being done. I am pleased to say that this is Not applicable to all Novotels but if you are thinking of staying in this hotel there are much better choices available You can't change poor management but you certainly can change hotels

Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank Roy H

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your stay at Novotel London West.

Please accept my sincere apologies that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us.

I would appreciate if you could contact me directly on H0737-GR@ACCOR.COM so that I can investigate this matter further.

Many thanks.

Kind Regards,

Emilie Sibourg
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stayed on business early Feb 2014. First observation is that it is very expensive for a basic hotel. However, London hotels are dear and I assume my company got a good rate. Room very basic and a bit depressing. Bed ok but not that comfortable.

However, major issue was the rudeness of the waitress at breakfast. For some reason, I was not on the list for breakfast, despite having been there for two days already. I was essentially accused by a jumped little serving girl of trying to get a breakfast for nothing. Very, very bad attitude. She should have resolved it with the front desk rather than accusing me. Why bother working in the hospitality business if you are going to be like that?

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
NovotelLondonWest, Guest Relations Officer at Novotel London West, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the Novotel London West.

I was very sorry to hear that our bedrooms did not fully meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us.

I was both surprised and disappointed to read your comment in regards to the rudeness of the waitress at breakfast as we do receive regular positive feedback in regards to the quality of service our team are providing at breakfast. However, I can assure you that this was an isolated case and I would like to apologise if you felt this way. We will take the necessary steps in both training and shift management to ensure this type of situation does not re occur in the future.

Novotel London West is committed to delivering the highest standards possible to guests and I hope we have the opportunity of demonstrating this to you during your next stay with us.

Audrey Sablery
Guest Relations Officer

Reviewed February 5, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelLondonWest, Guest Relations Officer at Novotel London West, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this htl very frequently and I really like the close location to the Hammersmith stn.Just 5 mins walk.And the area has plenty of shops,supermarkets,various styles restaurants,bars,pubs and some flea food markets every Thur/Fri.

The htl is big enough for different functions.Especially those business events.Lobby is nice on both G/F and 1/F.

The buffet breakfast used to be super nice with great varieties of hot and cold food with a great price and smart and nice staffs.But don't understand why recent years the choices of food was reduced and the staffs so robotic-by just keep clearing your table!
Ive tried couple of times being cleared the table right after my appetizer!Even cleared everything Ive just put down!And after told them to give me back a new set of cutleries and drinks.They generally gave a long face back to me!!

And,the quality of the toilet and tissue paper was poor!Alots of dark spots and some wood residues were seen clearly!I felt not so comfortable to wipe it on the skin.

That's why I always bring my own toilet roll if stay in this htl!

Can I claim the money back for the toilet amenities?

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Emily,

Thank you very much for your comments following your stay at the Novotel London West.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our facilities and location. Hammersmith is an area offering shops, restaurant and also great transportation indeed.

I have noted your comments with regards to the food on offer on our breakfast buffet and have informed our Executive Chef who will investigate and address this accordingly. Please be assured that this unfortunate experience is an isolated case and that we do regularly receive positive comments with regards to our breakfast offer.

Furthermore I was disappointed to read your comment about the service you have experienced during your breakfast and let me assure you that we are taking the necessary steps in both training and shift management to ensure this type of situation does not re occur in the future.

I would like to inform you that all toilet paper supplied at the hotel is product approved and used throughout our brand. I am sorry you felt the toilet paper was uncomfortable.

I can assure you we have very strict cleaning routines in the hotel and in the guest bedrooms which are continually been supervised and maintained. Please rest assured that we take guest cleanliness very seriously and I will be discussing this with the department concerned.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Novotel London West and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Audrey Sablery
Guest Relations Officer

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I am currently staying here at Novotel. In fact I am writing my review from the hotel. This is my first review on TripAdvisor so many times I thought of writing one but couldn't get around but this time I thought I must share this everyone.

I checked in here on 29th Jan 2014. Everyday the housekeeping staff would not replenish the room properly.

As part of the executive room they provide free mineral water which at least twice wasn't refilled. They wouldn't replenish the Tea and Coffee properly everyday. I wanted to order something from the room service so called and placed an order for something. I received a call back from someone telling me that the Menu in the room is old and they no longer have that item available. It was housekeeping staff who were suppose to swap it. I complained to manager and then I have call them again to send someone from housekeeping to give me some coffee.

About the security staff, I ordered an package to be delivered which was delivered to the hotel on 31st January but they didn't advise me that there is package waiting for me because there is only 1 person in the office. I only tracked down as delivered when I asked sender about it. Talking to manager she advises that they don't call customer regarding delivery of any item as they will get too busy if they start calling customers.

Really pathetic that they are still in the business with this kind of pathetic customer service.

I will be changing the hotel soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank Tapan M
NovotelLondonWest, Rooms Division Manager at Novotel London West, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us with your comments following your stay at the Novotel London West.

I am aware you are currently staying with us and your matters have been addressed by one of our Duty Managers.

Your concerns have also been addressed with all involved which I can assure you we have taken seriously.

Please contact myself directly should you want to discuss anything further.

Best regards,

Darren Talberg
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Booked a night in this hotel as our son lives nearby. Booked online we had an upgrade to an executive room and were told that there would be no problem if our son joins us for breakfast but he would have to pay. Fine. Got to the room it was extremely warm so turned the controls down to a minimum and turned in. It was noted as part of the executive room deal we had wifi, dressing robe and slippers 'each', however we had one robe and one pair of slippers and no wifi. Woke up at 0100hrs room like an oven, played with controls no joy. Opened windows but very noisy. Bad sleep. Explained this to the desk in the morning and were asked why we hadn't reported it? what at one in the morning. Why do we have to find the faults. The desk were not in interested and with a shrug of the shoulders suggested if you don't report it we cant fix it.
We have stayed at this hotel once before and guess what, room like an oven that was part of the reasoning for an executive room. Silly us. We were being charged £9 for breakfast they wanted my son to pay £17. The customer service as far as we are concerned is rubbish. However I must say the breakfast was very good.

Room Tip: Check your room ventilation and wifi
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pgs_13
NovotelLondonWest, Reception Manager at Novotel London West, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to offer my sincere apologies that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us.

We do have a team of people working 24/7 for our guests so we are available to assist should there be an issue. Rooms are not let for sale if there is a fault within, therefore we rely on our guests to inform us if they encounter a problem.

Anyone coming into the hotel or staying with us that does not have an inclusive breakfast rate is charged at the Restaurant rate of £17.50 per person. This is why there was a difference in price for your son.

I would hope we would have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind Regards,