“excellent hotel . recommended”

Ranked #416 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 3, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelLondonWest, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London West, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Write a ReviewReviews (3,959)

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Arrived at check-in with my reservation today around 22.00. Impossible to get into my room because their systems were down. These things do happen. However the way they dealt with this was problem was unbelievable for a hotel of the novotel chain: groups of people were kept waiting with no communication other than " we are on the phone with the IT people" for more than an hour. When I asked them to book me another hotel they said this was "impossible because my room was already paid for". What was first impossible then became possible 20 minutes later ( and only because I insisted). The other hotel would be at "15 minutes from novotel" but that ended up to be more someting like a 30 minutes taxi drive. In short: total absence of management, total absence of communication, total absence of client focus. Wonder what happened to the other people that were still waiting when I left the hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Philip K

Dear Guest,

Thank you for proving feedback on your experience at Novotel London West.

I may sorry to hear that you experienced difficulties with your stay with us. As you mention we did have a complete loss of our systems which meant we have to handle guest arrivals differently.

I apologise that you were kept waiting in order to receive a room; normally we would not make alternative arrangements for accommodation if the reservation already has payment arranged with the hotel.

As this was an extreme circumstance this was then amended in order to provide you with accommodation.

We will take you feedback and use this in order to ensure a more efficient service is provided in such unusual situations.

Kind Regards

Kerry Talbot
Reception Manager

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed in the hotel as base for weekend Fri to Sat , room was good,safe in room was'nt working a quick phone call to reception and it was sorted,bed was comfortable,breakfast was buffet style with great choice serving between 6-30 to 12-00 noon ,hammersmith tube and bus station just a short walk .TIP bye a OSYTER card save pounds

Room Tip: on 4th floor east facing, great view into London,
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment regarding your stay at our hotel.

I was delighted to hear that your stay was enjoyable and as well that you were pleased with our accommodation and services. I would like to apologise for the safe being faulty, and to thank you for reporting this.

We very much look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I truly don't know how the Novotel chain lets this place continue to be run in such a bad way.
I have stayed here many times and often have a mediocre experience but keep coming back for work reasons. The rooms are ok at best (if you upgrade to an executive room) and the beds are not very comfortable. Breakfast is not bad but suffers from long lines. And while the staff all seem friendly and eager to help they are actually impossible to get ahold of. I tried waiting in line to talk to a frint desk agent who told me "be right back" and after 8 minites i left. Not sure when he returned. I then tried calling the front desk from my room - got no reply; called the operator and the guest services and only got a reply after more than 5 minutes. Next time around when i tried calling it took a full 15 minutes to get a person to answer the phone. Any phone. I've had prompter service in one star hotels. So my latest resolution is to not come back here. May mean switching jobs but enough is enough....

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank orrdin
NovotelLondonWest, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London West, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your loyalty towards the Novotel London West and for providing us with a third review following your stays.

I am very disappointed to hear our hotel does not meet your expectations and for that I would like to apologise. After reviewing your three posts on TripAdvisor I understand the comments you have made are quite similar. I would have loved to have the opportunity to address your concerns during your stays and to rectify them to your complete satisfaction.

The Guest Relations department is located on the 1st floor Reception and my Team is available for any queries that you may have, from 8:00am to 9:30pm. We also have a dedicated customer service line - by dialling 888 from your hotel room - which is available 24/7. This marketing information is provided in all bedrooms.

As I do not have access to guest’s database via Tripadvisor I can only advise you to get in touch with me directly should you wish to discuss this further. I will be happy to investigate this matter on your behalf, and to make sure you are very well looked after during your future visits: H0737-GR@ACCOR.COM

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to rectify the impression that we have left you with, and to welcome you back to the Novotel London West in the near future.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel as part of our Cosmos tour and it was wonderful. The buffet style breakfast has several things that I had never tried before and it was all pretty good. The room was a little smaller than rooms are in America but it was cozy nonetheless. Hammersmith station for the London Underground is just a block away which make traveling around London very convenient. In fact, we just hopped on the train and it took us straight to the airport. Most importantly, it was CHEAP! The staff at the hotel was more than accommodating and they made it a point to help us out with whatever we needed during our stay in London. If you don't want to take the train, I suggest walking to the London Eye or to that area on the river (it is only a 5 mile walk). We stopped by Hyde park on the way which is very close to the hotel as well. Overall, I would stay here again on my next visit to London!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Logan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such positive review following your stay at Novotel London West. I hope that you had a safe trip back to lovely USA.

The amazing 5* rating you have given us is much appreciated, and we are all thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad to read our staff was helpful and accommodating, and I am sure they will be happy to know their efforts are recognised.

Once again Logan, thank you for posting a review and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

This was a one night stay on this occasion, ideal for our Saturday night show at the Apollo.You can walk there in 10 minutes. We booked a superior room with breakfast, the room was clean and had all the amenities you would expect from a Hotel, the only issue we had was with the bed, not very comfortable and poor quality. Breakfast was buffet style and even though the hotel was busy this didn't stop the good service and quality of the food. Check out was seamless, but beware if the car park pay machine is out of order, you may need to queue up again to valid your ticket. I wouldn't stay here again on the basis of the bed, but if this isn't important then the hotel has a lot of plus points.

Stayed: September 2013
NovotelLondonWest, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London West, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear valuable guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your last experience at the Novotel London West.

I hope that you enjoyed the show you attended at the Apollo as we are located just near this venue.

I am delighted to read that we went beyond your expectations in regards to your bedroom. However, I am sincerely sorry that you found our beds not comfortable. I am sure you can appreciate that it is very hard to fulfil all clients’ requirements as each single person has different demands in regards to the bed they sleep in. I would like to invite you to check your bed expectations with the Front Office on your next stay as I am sure they would be delighted to assist you with a solution.

It was a pleasure to read your comments regarding our Full-English buffet breakfast serving a wide range of hot and cold items every morning. I would pass on your kind words to our Breakfast Team as I am sure they will all be pleased to hear that they delivered a great service.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcoming you back at the Novotel London West to provide you with a genuine hassle-free stay.

Audrey Sablery
Guest Relations Officer

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed here for a week while we visited London. The Hammersmith Underground station was close by, so traveling to central London was very easy. We found all the staff that we encountered to be friendly and helpful. The breakfast was plentiful and we enjoyed it. The rooms were comfortable. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca M

Dear Rebecca,

Thank you very much for choosing the Novotel London West as your accommodation in London.

I was happy to hear you found our location advantageous and that you enjoyed all facilities and aspects of the hotel during your vacation.

We will make sure the staffs gets to know you found them friendly and that they provided excellent service. The team will be happy to know their efforts were recognised.

Once again Rebecca, I cannot thank you enough for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you again and to provide you an outstanding second visit.

Audrey Sablery