“Good business hotel”

Ranked #408 of 1,088 Hotels in London
is
“Good business hotel”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel is convinient, in a good location, very close to the Hammersmith tube.
The staff is friendly and helpful.

There was a problem with wi-fi, the signal wasn't that good and it was very slow. The food is average.

It's a good business accomodation, not sure worth the price they ask, but it's London.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
NovotelLondonWest, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London West, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Nimas,

Thank you for providing us with a feedback following your stay.

I was glad to hear you found our location convenient and our staff helpful and friendly. Our employees work very hard to please our guests and I appreciate you giving them recognition for their good labor. Our utmost reward is to hear guest are extremely satisfied with the high level of service we provide.

Please accept my sincerest apologies if you felt our Wifi signal was below you expectations. I am however very proud to announce that we have now contracted a new Wifi provider, one that certainly shares our values of customer service. Wifi is now complimentary in the whole hotel (up to a certain speed) and a super high speed connection can also be purchased if needed (for Skype, downloads, conference calls...).

Once again Nimas, thank you very much for reviewing Novotel London West. We look forward to you welcoming you back very soon.

With regards,

Novotel London West

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Yeoford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights on business.

The rooms are fairly functional, clean with a small walk-in shower and a bizarre sloping sink with a poorly designed tap!

As with most chain hotels in London the TV is quite annoying, no standard Freeview, so channels are quite limited unless you pay for the upgrade. Annoyingly there's no free WiFi, and apparently the internet speed is quite poor even if you do pay for it.

Breakfast is fine, with a good choice of hot and cold food.

Worst bit about the stay was that the aircon wasn't working which really made it quite uncomfortable.

That might all sound very negative, but a few tweaks and it would be fine. The reception staff were very friendly, location was ideal and the rooms are clean and well maintained (bar the aircon!).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
NovotelLondonWest, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London West, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for the constructive feedback of our service and facilities.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed the choice of food provided at breakfast. Our full English buffet breakfast is very popular indeed. Did you report the air-cooling not working properly to a member of staff? I am sure you can appreciate that unless this is reported on site, we would have no chance to adjust it.

I was disappointed to hear our TV channels selection did not meet your expectations, but also very proud to announce we will have a standard Freeview in our hotel by the end of the year. We have contracted a new Wifi service last week, and I am sure you can understand that these changes take some time.

We hope you will give us the chance to welcoming you back to Novotel London West in the future.

Kind regards,

Ammanford, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I am not really sure why we stayed so far away from Ascot, but the hotel was not really to be faulted..........other than one thing...............

As normal, the breakfast was fab, the staff delightful and attentive, check in and check out as one would expect. I was a little surprised that the internet was chargeable, and when I worked that one out, I decided not to bother.....it was after all a leisure trip.

I found the room spotless, the beds comfy, decor crisp, but the air con ............................terrible.
Resulting in one of the worst nights sleep I have ever had in a London hotel.

It wasn't so hot outside, despite being June, but having set the aircon to its coldest setting and left the room for a few hours, in search of food, it was a bit surprising to find that the corridor was colder than our room when we returned.

We were only staying one night so there was no need to complain, but it wouldn't put me of staying here or any Novotel in the future.

Room Tip: Avoid 3007 and 3008
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Frugal,

Thank you so much for providing us with a feedback regarding your stay at Novotel London West.

I sincerely hope that you and your friends enjoyed your time at the Royal Ascot. It must have been a lovely day!

I was glad to hear you enjoyed your breakfast and were provided with a swift check-in and check-out. I will also compliment our Head Housekeeper for keeping the rooms 'spotless'. We are blessed to have such a good team! I appreciate you recognising our staff who always work very hard to meet our guest's expectations.

Sorry to hear the air-cooling was not working properly in your bedroom. Should this would have been reported, we would have been delighted to send an engineer to your room and to have it fixed for you in the best delays.

Once again Frugal, thank you for reviewing our hotel. I really hope you will give us the chance to welcome you back in the future and to provide with a real hassle-free stay.

Best regards,

Dorset, England
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The hotel is clean and modern with great gadgets for the guests, including a touch screen digital map to help you get around London.

Signage within the hotel is not great as we first went to the ground floor to check in only to be told that check in was on the first floor.

The room was clean and what you would expect from a modern hotel and the bar was easy to find...just follow the noise.

There was an issue with the climate control which made the room rather hot making it necessary to open the window and let in the noise from the main road.

The excitement happened when the fire alarm went off at around 23:30hrs after we had had trouble getting two excited little girls to bed. Confusion followed as people exited their rooms not knowing what was happening and which way to go, as the fire exit signs were not easy to see in a tired state.

Once out of the building there were no staff available to direct customers to the assembly point and when two did appear there was uncertainty as to where they should be sending us.

No clear instructions were given by staff at any stage of the evacuation.

The saving grace was that the fire service arrived within minutes of the alarm going off and quickly ascertained it was a false alarm allowing the customers to re-enter the hotel just after midnight.

At no stage were we offered an apology for our inconvenience, even when we went to check out.

It is clear that the hotel may wish to review their emergency signage and their evacuation procedures.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

2 Thank Customer831
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a feedback following your stay at Novotel London West.

We are glad to hear you found your bedrooms clean and that you enjoyed our "Monscierge" interactive screen.

We appreciate your comments regarding the fire evacuation that took place on Saturday the 15th of June. Evacuation procedures and fire exit signage are available in each bedroom and around all public areas with directions to the nearest fire exits and assembly point. I can confirm our fire marshals were located at key points outside and inside the hotel to greet guests when they came down to the 1st and ground floors. I am sure you can appreciate that our primary concern during such events is for our guests and staff to leave the premises until the fire brigade comes in and gives us the all clear.

I am sorry to hear this event marred your stay with us, and sincerely hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you and your family again in the future.

Best regards,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 20, 2013

As a business traveler, if there's one thing that's highly important, it's access to a good, reliable internet connection. That this hotel does not have. My company paid extra for me to be on the executive floor where internet was included in the room. A wired connection only was available and you had to have an Ethernet hookup to use it! Since my computer was purchased after 1992, I of course only have USB connections. So then the hotel wanted to make me pay extra (on top of my paying extra) to use the in room wifi. When I explained we'd already paid for internet and asked for a manager, the manager of course never came to the phone or returned my call. There's free wifi in the lobby but it was broken while I was there. They also have wifi on their own computers, which was nice to communicating with my mother, but the computers have exceptionally large monitors so I couldn't conduct any business while there because I didn't want everyone in the lobby (including my competitors--I was there for a conference) reading my confidential communications.

Another issue: Their website claims rooms come with a tub and even though bath salts were a provided amenity, there was no tub, only a shower.

So call me petty, I know--a hotel should be judged on safety, sleep comfortability, cleanliness (I don't think they vacuumed once while I was there) etc, but since I was there for work the wifi issue ruined it for me. This place is not a rat hole. It's a perfectly nice hotel with a good, complimentary breakfast buffet. It's just not the best bet for your business traveler.

Dear Business Guest,

Thank you for writing a reviewing following your stay at Novotel London West.

I am very proud to announce that our hotel is now providing complimentary Wifi in all public areas and bedrooms. A premium high speed connection can also be purchased if needed (eg. for conference calls) and is included in our Executive Room rates. I am only sorry this change has not happened in time to affect your stay with us.

Most of our rooms do come with a bathtub indeed. However we also offer bathrooms with shower in order to meet different guest’s expectations. Should you would have asked for a room with bath I am sure our Front Desk team would have been delighted to change the room for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel London West in the near future.
With regards,

Pensacola Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Outstanding accommodation, a little hard to find definitely use a GPS. Very nice bar seen, prices are what you would expect what with the deflated US dollar. Beds were extremely comfortable and the room had enough space so you did not feel cramped.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for rating us so beautifully. It was with great pleasure that I received your candid comments, for which I would like to thank you.

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our very comfortable Novotel beds and that you found our rooms spacious.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next trip to Europe.

Kind regards,

Guildford
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed here with a friend for one night for leisure purposes. Once in, the hotel lobby is well presented and clean. The room itself was also clean, a nice size and the beds comfortable. The real problem I have with this hotel is their poor customer service. Upon returning from our night out we called to order room service (which on the menu states this is 24 hrs). We were then asked whether 'we could wait until breakfast'. Unacceptable. We then called reception to complain and actually ended up calling room service again to place an order to which we were then told to call back as they didn't have a pen to take our order!

By this point we decided to go down to reception in person to speak to the duty manager to be told that this person only works one day a week and has been spoken to in the past about their service levels. Why should the customer care?! To be fair the duty manager gave us our room service free of charge but by this point we were so frustrated with the experience we would never stay or recommend this hotel to anyone again.

If I could give minus points for service I would!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tannedchick
NovotelLondonWest, Director of Sales at Novotel London West, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Sir / Madam,

Further to the review you placed on TripAdvisor, I wanted to offer you the following response.

Occasionally it's difficult for us to accept some of the feedback we receive on forums such as this: for example, a complaint about a very uncomfortable mattress posted immediately below a compliment about a very comfortable mattress when all our mattresses are identical.

However, in your case it sounds as though we (or rather one team member in particular) has really let us down and for that I must apologise.

That said, I'm very glad you pursued the matter with the Duty Manager and equally glad that you then weren't then charged for your order. I hope that at least went some way towards addressing the issue, albeit after the fact. I have also now highlighted your complaint to our Food & Beverage Director and we will take the appropriate corrective action immediately.

Once again please accept our sincere apologies but thank you for drawing the matter to our attention.

Yours sincerely,