“Some Excellent Foriegn Service”

Ranked #423 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Nice clean room hard but strangly comfortable room. Really though its the level of customer service was to put other hotels to shame. All Foriegn staff but they really knew what they were doing. Attentive at all time hard working and apologetic when they were unable to serve you immediately. The Hotel was busy but felt well treated but always smiling staff. Coporate do for over a thousand and the lunch was nothing short of superb with some of the best salmon I have eaten for a while.

• Stayed: May 2013
EdwardHobson, Director of Sales at Novotel London West, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

Further to the review you placed on TripAdvisor, I wanted to thank you for the feedback therein.

We've worked very hard on the product and our service delivery over the last four years and I'm delighted to see from your review that that work now seems to be paying off in the form of happy guests; our raison d'etre.

Thanks again for your feedback, it's very easy to critisise so we're all delighted to hear such positive comments as yours - very many thanks.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Write a ReviewReviews (3,898)

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We knew the hotel was large with 650 bedrooms but at no time do you feel you are in a bed factory. All the Reception staff were friendly, efficient and knowledgable and with a little bit of sweet talking we did manage to get our room quiet quickly even though there had been a busy check out.
Our room was clean and quiet spacious with all the usual bits and pieces, good sized queen size bed and thick curtains. Bathroom was average but a short 'sit up' style bath - short for even a 5' 6"!
Good sized TV with very basic channels with pay movies. No free Wi-Fi in the bedroom was a disappointment although it is available in the public areas, with a bank of Apple computers.
Breakfast was good on the first day but not as good an experience on the second,.
Check out was accurate and speedy and having a car park under the hotel even at the reduced rate of £1.50 an hour was still a benefit.
Being so convenient for both M25 and Central London this really is ideal and we will be back

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Our family was supposed to stay in this hotel for 1 day only (May 5, 2013), but our stay in London got extended 'cause our 3 carry-on bags got stolen inside this hotel's luggage room ON OUR FIRST DAY IN EUROPE. Imagine the horror for Europe first-timers like us. We arrived earlier than the check-in time and we only had 1 day in London so we had to make the most out of it, so we decided to leave our huge luggages and some carry-on luggages inside the hotel so we could explore the city immediately, 'cause we thought they would be much safer inside the hotel's luggage room rather than on the road with us. It's a branded, 4-star hotel anyway, so we never thought of any negative things to happen as we entrusted them our possessions. Unfortunately, that move of ours was wrong. After having lunch outside, we arrived to 3 lost baggages. According to the assigned staff that time, after reviewing the CCTV footage, the luggage room's door was forced open by a man in a suit who took away our bags, which contained our most prized possessions (a PASSPORT with a Schengen & US Visa, Apple gadgets, some euros, etc). Because of this, we weren't able to continue on with our paid Cosmos Europe package tour. It was very devastating, especially from a family who's been anticipating this trip to Europe for years already. This hotel failed to give us back what we've lost, but at least they gave us free dinners for 2 nights and free accommodation just for us to fix some travel documents to be able to go home. It was definitely the most traumatic travel experience my family ever had. If ever you're going to this hotel or to any other hotels, I suggest that you never trust them your luggages, even if they have CCTV cameras or "secure" locks. I'm doing this review to remind everyone to be more critical when choosing a hotel to stay. To the Hotel Novotel West London staff, I hope you've done something to improve your security system already and to prevent this from happening again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Claudine M
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed in this hotel before and after a coach tour run by Cosmos group. We did noticed a lack of English but we were able to get things organised enough for us but did wonder if this caused issues for other travelers. I could not get over the fact they do not do a family or 3 person room with a DECENT bed. Huge hotel yet only 1 double bed (or Queen) in every room (so the front desk told me) and 2 dodgy, uncomfortable fold outs that have been mentioned in earlier reviews. Although young I still suffer from back trouble and it was the same with my Dad and Aunt who are in their 60's. One of the most back aching sleeps I had for the whole month away. I would not recommend staying at this hotel if you are travelling with more than 3 people that are either aged or suffer from back issues. Also heard a lot of kids running up and down passages at night and in the mornings people talking loudly in the passage.
Besides that the buffet breakfast had a large selection to suit everyone and the bar meals were decent. The gym was popular most mornings as well as the computers. The room was always neat and tidy.

Room Tip: Majority rooms have 1 double bed or queen?! and 2 fold outs (very Uncomfortable)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
NovotelLondonWest, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London West, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Novotel London West.

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our full English buffet breakfast that offers a wide range of food to please all our guests.

I am sincerely sorry that you found our beds uncomfortable. I am sure you can appreciate that it is very hard to fulfil all clients’ requirements as each single person has different demands in regards to the bed they sleep in. I would like to apologise once again if the mattress did not feel comfortable to you.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back at the Novotel London West whilst a future family trip to London.

Guest Relations Officer

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel as part of a week-long coach tour of Britain; reservations and payment were made by the Cosmos/Globus vacation group.

As with another Novotel in which we stayed while in the UK, this hotel suffered from a lack of English speaking staff at reception and in the dining room. Front desk could handle the basics with some effort but were unable to engage the guests/welcome them beyond a memorized script. In the dining room, wait staffs' command of the language was limited to coffee/tea - yes/no. A request for "no milk" was met with a blank stare as were other attempts to engage.

Seems Novotel has chosen to hire the lowest-cost staff without attention to ability and to forego the staff training that would foster a welcoming environment, relying on modern and well furnished rooms to make up for poor service.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
NovotelLondonWest, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London West, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear valuable guest,

Thank you for staying at the Novotel London West as part of a Cosmos tour.

I was disappointed to read that you encountered language barrier with the hotel staff.

Novotel is a brand part of Accor’s international group and we strive to ensure an enjoyable stay to all our guests by providing employees speaking different languages.

I would like to confirm that although all the employees speak English, daily basis training is also being provided.

We hope to welcome you back on another Cosmos tour or maybe a private leisure stay and provide you with a genuine hassle-free stay.

Guest Relations Office

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Let me start with the positives. The staff was great ... reception, bar, restaurant ... they were all very helpful and friendly. I had breakfast, lunch and dinner there at various times during my stay and it was great. Also, nice computers in the lobby although you have to email your boarding pass to a hotel email address to have it printed instead of having dedicated printers??? Bathrooms nice and clean. They give you shampoo, soap and body wash but no conditioner and lotion. Hairdryers were good.

Negatives: The one negative I can't get over is the bed. It was basically a box spring (felt like concrete) and a 4 inch mattress that was hard as a rock with two pillows that were flat as a pancakes.

I will also say as other users have said that there is a problem with the "Orange" internet connection. I was first in a room on the 8th floor and there was no WIFI. If I went outside my room and walked around the corner, the WIFI would connect. So they graciously switched me to the 4th floor which was better. I think they have said in previous reviews that they are changing providers.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
NovotelLondonWest, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London West, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear valuable guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing your experience at the Novotel London West.

I am thrilled to read your comments in regards to the hotel staff and will happily share them with the employees.

I am also glad that you experienced breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel to have the opportunity to appreciate the different menus proposed.

I am however sorry that you did not enjoy the mattress in your bedroom. I hope you can appreciate that it can be hard to fulfil every guest’s requirements because everyone has different expectations in terms of mattress. Please do not hesitate to inform the Front Office upon checking on your next stay as I am sure they would be delighted to assist you.

Finally, I am happy to inform you that we have a new Wi-Fi connection free of charge in the public areas and all the bedrooms.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Guest Relations Officer

Reviewed May 13, 2013

A lovely property with clean spacious rooms. Breakfast has a wonderful selection to please even the fussiest person with lovely attentive staff. Very close to the underground for transport to see the sights & nice pubs nearby for meals. The only grumble I have is Internet isn't available in the rooms, only in public areas, quite mean I think as this isn't a cheap place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
EdwardHobson, Director of Sales at Novotel London West, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013