“Clairvoyant guests”

Ranked #406 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Almeria, Spain
“Clairvoyant guests”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Unless you are clairvoyant, I cannot recommend that you should stay here. The problem is postal or couriered deliveries - if you are expecting one and ask for it then maybe, OK. But if you are not expecting anything you certainly will not receive it at this Novotel as, to quote Guest Relations "we have over 600 rooms so how can we be expected to advise guests? It is kept by Security for collection." Would a message left in the room be too much to expect considering they charge top dollar for third class service?

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank spanishexile
EdwardHobson, Director of Sales at Novotel London West, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for the review you left on TripAdvisor.

Unless I'm very much mistaken, your particular complaint has been dealt with separately.

Regards,

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Near the tube and restaurants and that's it.

The rooms are worn and the a/c does not work well.

The second morning we got up to find we had NO towels and housekeeping did not answer the phone. The front desk contacted them and they came up-- with ONE.

Today we got back to the room at 5 and it had not been touched. I would not stay here again except we are on a tour and will be returning.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
NovotelLondonWest, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London West, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear valuable guest,

Thank you for your review in regards to your stay at the Novotel London West.

I am sorry to read that you encountered an issue with one of our department and I would like to confirm you that I will ensure your comments to be taken into serious consideration.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to provide you with a genuine hassle-free stay.

Vancouver, BC Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed for one week while my husband worked and I toured. Lovely lobby, very helpful and excellent staff, whose English is sometimes not full. After seeing the first room they gave us, I asked for a change hoping that the new room would be better. It wasn't. The rooms are old, need updating and the air conditioning does not work well. The promised WiFi does not work consistently. House keeping is only basic and will not even take wine glasses that were brought from the restaurant. In fact, the housekeeping manager argued with me about that and would not believe that the trash had not been taken out the day before. Only 3 drawers in the room for unpacking. Best thing is that the hotel is very close to the tube for travel downtown. Would definately Not return.

Dear guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback in regards to your stay at the Novotel London West.

I would like to apologise for the inconveniences you have encountered and recall meeting you in person in order to propose you another bedroom as the first one did not match your expectations.

Should you have reported those issues to the Front Office or the Guest Relations departments, we would for sure have been delighted to assist you.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in order to provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Not my first time staying at the Novotel although it has been a couple of years since my last visit. The hotel is well located in Hammersmith with plenty around in the area to keep you occupied day and night. The underground station is very close so easy access into London too. The hotel itself has a pleasant reception and the staff on the front desk very polite and worked quickly to get me checked in. The room was very comfortable, clean and well appointed. The food in the restaurant was okay but I felt it should have been better considering the price.
All in all a good stay.

3 Thank DancerSally
EdwardHobson, Director of Sales at Novotel London West, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Sir / Madam,

Further to the review you placed on TripAdvisor, I wanted to thank you for the feedback therein.

We've worked very hard on the product and our service delivery over the last four years and I'm delighted to see from your review that that work now seems to be paying off in the form of happy guests; our raison d'etre.

Thanks again for your feedback, it's very easy to critisise so we're all delighted to hear such positive comments as yours - very many thanks.

Kind regards,

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Spent the first week here during my stay in Europe and not impressed at all. It was not the 4 star hotel that I expected. Windy and heavy raining, we arrived the hotel at eight o’clock in the morning and waited two hours for the first room “allocated” to us on the 7th floor.
We carried our four pieces luggage to walk the long, long, very long way down the hall,and found the room with only one bed. So we returned to main floor and told the reception that what we reserved was a twin bed room. The staff said,” you can use the sofa.” If we only stayed one night, I would consider to compromise; but it was not fair to have my husband to sleep on the sofa for the whole week…So we had to wait …the second room I got was in fact not available. When I opened the door with the card, I found the light was on, someone’s luggage were opened on the floor, there were drinks on the table, and some one was in the washroom. Then we had to go through the long long hallway and toke the elevator again and back to the reception with our luggage…(What else that bothered me was the fact that before you checked out, other people could enter your room that easy…) After all, it took more than 5 hours for the check in. We were starved and exhausted. The staff was not happy, me too.

So, we got our room with twin beds at a lower floor. The room was quite dark, but you couldn’t pull the curtain for natural light, unless you didn't care about your own privacy. Behind the huge windows there was a huge, ugly “court yard” outside. Lots of dated cigarettes on the floor outside the window…. and a warning note on the wall to remind guests to “make sure the door is shut”…(Not to mention the door, we worried about the window more…)
To conclude, it was an unforgettable experience …This hotel was big but not organized, reception and porter not helpful, security issue, computers downstairs were greasy and full of finger prints (from the kids) on the screens, quality of food in the restaurant inconsistent, beds in the room were ok, but the carpet was filthy, fancy but poor design of shower and sink in the washroom (good looking but not working well)…
What a pity. A place supposed to be great in such a good location…

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that face the court yard if possible. Higher floors better.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amber201083
EdwardHobson, Director of Sales at Novotel London West, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Madam,

Further to the review you placed on TripAdvisor, I wanted to offer you the following response.

While we're obviously sorry to hear that you didn't have an enjoyable stay, it's difficult for us to accept responsibility for some of the issues you experienced.

We will of course do everything possible to facilitate an early check-in but our guaranteed check-in time is 2pm. Offering access to rooms earlier than that is largely dependent on the movements of outgoing guests. It's also hard for us to apologise for having long bedroom corridors. As I'm sure you know we are a large property and the configuration of the floors requires some long corridors to access all the guest rooms.

With regards to the cigarette butts and condition of the iMac computers, we try to encourage considerate behaviour but ultimately cannot be held responsible for the actions of other guests. We are an entirely no smoking property but regrettably some people choose to ignore that policy and the supporting UK legislation and will still smoke in their rooms and may dispose of the butts via the window to avoid the following fine. Likewise it's difficult for us to be held accountable for the state that other guests leave the communal computers in despite our best efforts to clean them as often and as thoroughly as possible.

I should however apologies for you being checked in to an occupied room - I will take that up with our Rooms Division Manager to understand how it came about and I thank you for advising us of that issue.

Yours sincerely,

Oxford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Rooms have absolutely no sound insulation so f your neighbour gets up at 5.30 then so do you. This happened 3 out of 3 nights for me.

Beds are basically travel cots. Uncomfortable.

Wifi doesn't reach all rooms.

Film service freezes every few minutes.

3 Thank 32GeoffreyC
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and I would like to apologise if we were disturb by your neighbours. Should you have called the Front Office, I am sure they would have been delighted to report it to the Security in order to assist you.

I am sincerely sorry that you found our beds not comfortable. I am sure you can appreciate that it is very hard to fulfil all clients’ requirements as each single person has different demands in regards to the bed they sleep in. I would like to apologise once again if the mattress did not feel comfortable to you.

I would like to inform you that from July, we do offer a Wi-Fi connection free of charge in the public areas and all the bedrooms.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Haverhill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Locaton wasperfect. My husband works in Hammersmith Rd. so while he's at work i am able to visit the shops in the area. Shops are within walking distance. Apollo theatre is nearby, so the night before we went to watch stand up comedy there.
Their food is scrumptious! We had the buffet just before we went to watch the show and it was reasonable priced. Wellmworth ebery penny. Wold love to stay again in the hotel and use the other failities ;)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
EdwardHobson, Director of Sales at Novotel London West, responded to this review, April 9, 2013

Kind regards,