“Not the best, but among the best!”

Ranked #407 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Turin
“Not the best, but among the best!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Optimal location (within "long" walking distance to several sites), with a well served Piccadilly Line tube station just 100 metres away. This is the very old CUNARD Hotel, which was taken over by Novotel I guess in the 90s and now totally renewed.
Rooms lack a bit of personality, but beds are of great comfort. Poor TV channel choice (what the heck, not that I am in London to watch the tube, but there was no CNN...), Eating is superb, rich buffet breakfast and dinner with wide selection of food.
All in all, a very positive experience.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

2 Thank Giuseppe C
EdwardHobson, Director of Sales at Novotel London West, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Sir / Madam,

Further to the review you placed on TripAdvisor, I wanted to thank you for the feedback therein.

We've worked very hard on the product and our service delivery over the last four years and I'm delighted to see from your review that that work now seems to be paying off in the form of happy guests; our raison d'etre.

Thanks again for your feedback, it's very easy to critisise so we're all delighted to hear such positive comments as yours - very many thanks.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 27, 2013

stayed here on a very cold weekend in march 2013. booked an executive room. room nice and modern and clean. had a problem with the internet connection but they sent someone up to activate the line and all was ok after that. the lobby area is very open plan and modern looking, but the only complaint here was that it was pretty cold in the bar area as a result of the people coming and going through the revolving doors all the time, but then again, it was VERY cold and windy outside! staff nice and friendly. would have been nice if the shop in the lobby stayed open later on a sunday...

1 Thank eirecoretraveller
NovotelLondonWest, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London West, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear traveller,

Thank you for your warm comments in regards to your experience at the Novotel London West.

I am happy to read that the hotel staff assisted you during your stay and would be delighted to share your positive experience with them.

We hope to welcome you back at the hotel during the summer to enjoy some warm days!

Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The hotel is in zone 2 and very close to the Hammersmith tube station with multible line connections to the centre. The breakfast was delicious. The room was a typical novotel family room. The reception was polite and service friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank georgios123

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my father who is an elderly gentleman and also my two young children.

Beware if you park in the hotels carpark. The staff did not advise my father to bring a parking ticket to reception to pay in order to get the reduced guest rate, he paid at the machine located in the car park thinking the discount would be applied there.

When we approached reception about this they stated that we could have a refund, but then decided that they could only refund us if we had paid by card and not cash. They then refused to refund is the difference in cash and said that the accounts department would deal with it and get in touch - they haven't.

I'm so disappointed in the lack of personable interaction. The staff treat you as if you are on a conveyer belt with only your guest room number as your identity.

The room had damp and dry rot in the ceiling and the charges for breakfast and the Internet usage are extortionate at 17.50 and 15.00 respectively.

I will not be using this hotel again and wish that I had opted for a travelodge instead.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank Bexindi
NovotelLondonWest, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London West, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear valuable guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience as a family at the Novotel London West.

I was sorry to hear that you encountered an issue in regards to your car park payment. Indeed, I would be delighted to assist you further should you wish to contact me personally.

H0737-GR@accor.com
Doncaster
Reviewed March 23, 2013

A dreadful hotel is one thing, a dreadful hotel that shows no interest in improving, such as the Novotel London West, is quite another matter. Half-a-dozen stays at this awful hotel (forced to because of it's location) and numerous constructive suggestions (always ignored) has proven to me that Novotel London West is beyond hope.

Complentary Internet connectivity if you book an "Executive Room" they claim. You're expected to know that you have to order Internet connectivity at £12.99 when you get into your room and that this charge is waived on checkout. This process is documented nowhere. When I raised this oversight with the hotel? "That's how the system works" - i.e. they couldn't care less.

Booked and paid for breakfast in advance? Make sure you take your booking printout down to the restaurant! On two separate occasions now my room number has not been included in their "Breakfasting Guests" list that they refer to when you go down to eat.

On one trip: Room too cold - heater not working.

Another trip: Room too hot - the air conditioning would not blow cold air regardless of the thermostat setting.

Novotel are part of the Accor group, although someone should tell the wretched Novotel London West that. As a very frequent customer of Accor group, I was delighted when their own booking web-site told me that I had enough points on my loyalty card to part-pay for a reservation and asked me if I would like to do so. 68UKP was knocked off my pre-paid reservation accordingly - breathtakingly easy and efficient. I should have known it was too good to be true. This hotel has clearly not been informed that this is how the Accor booking web-site operates now, and they refused to honour the 4000 points that had already been deduced from my account.

Novotel London West, and the manager on duty on Saturday, March 23, 2013 - you truly are as pathetic as each other.

3 Thank Mark S
Dear Mark,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at the Novotel London West.

I believe the issues you have encountered have been dealt with internally and I would like once again to express my sincerest apologies if we did not meet your expectations.

HAWAII
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Yes the location is great. 10-15 minutes from Heathrow at the Hammersmith station. 5-10 minutes to Harrod's. Restaurants and shopping galore surround the hotel. I would like to compliment my check in staff, Ida on her professionalism. This place is very clean and all the staff were friendly and helpful. Other posters commented on the free wifi.......take note it is free in the lobby, but $25usd in your room per day. (Suggestion, go across the street to the 3 store at Kings Mall and buy a 10 pound SIM card. That turns your iphone into a mobile hotspot and is good for 30 days). Now let me tell you about the bed from H*LL. If you have any back issues take note, the mattresses in this place are a 5 inch piece of something that has no give and lays on a wooden slat frame. Never in my life have I ever slept on anything this hard. There was no way to get comfortable. I'm not a complainer, but this was absurd. I called the front desk immediately and asked for a room with a softer bed. I was told they were all alike. However, I got the impression that this is a common complaint, because within minutes housekeeping was up here with three duvets to help cushion this slab of granite. It kind of worked. I was also told to sleep on the side where the nightstand is because that is usually broken in more. To this day one week later, I still have a dull ache in my back. I would love to have management respond to this, because there is no way I am the only guest to experience this issue.
Bottom line, very good hotel and I will stay again. However, I will make sure there are five duvets on that mattress before I go to sleep.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. All mattresses are HARD. Not firm, HARD. Keep that in mind.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
EdwardHobson, Director of Sales at Novotel London West, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Sir / Madam,

We're obviously very glad to hear that overall you were happy with your stay, our service and the quality of the accommodation provided.

However, we're sad to hear that you didn't find the bed to your liking. Needless to say, that can be a somewhat subjective matter and lots of our guests prefer a firmer mattress. Moreover, and as my colleague pointed out at the time, the beds are the same across all of our rooms so as to provide a consistent regulation product.

That said, I'm glad we were able to find an innovative if somewhat unorthodox solution to your complaint.

Caistor, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed as a family of four in one bedroom, this was booked through superbreaks and it was not until I accessed the hotel site that I realised that they offered adjoining family rooms at a reasonable price. I contacted the hotel by telephone and explained the situation and was assured that I could be allocated one of these rooms. Upon arrival there was no record of my conversation and I was informed that if I wanted one of these rooms would have cost £149, not the price I saw at the time of booking on the website. I chose to keep my booked room and not pay any additional charge, the room was adequate although on the small side for 4 people. The situation above tainted an otherwise pleasant stay at a clean, nicely located hotel. We all immensely enjoyed the buffet breakfast which catered for every nationality and did have the feel of a true American buffet breakfast!!

• Stayed March 2013