New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Novotel London West

Novotel London West
Ranked #403 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Oslo, Norway
“Basic, but good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

First off I will admit I am a little spoilt as I normally stay in the Sofitel St James when I visit London, but as this hotel was significantly closer to our meeting location, meaning a walk was preferable to cross city travel at rush hour, it made far more sense to stay here. The Novotel chain is part of the same group of hotels as the Sofitel so I still got the points, but it is definitely lacking and you can see why the Sofitel is a 5 star establishment.

The location of the hotel is very convenient for the Hammersmith tube station which in itself is an easy journey to Heathrow, which is always a bonus and saved a considerable amount of money. However, when we arrived we were greeted with rather awful service at reception, a big queue of people going nowhere fast and only one overworked member of staff dealing with it all. I do have a gold card with Accor hotels and this meant I did manage to get a couple of other members of staff out to help and I was dealt with rather quickly. I was also upgraded to a Business room, not sure what the difference was, but I think there may have been wi fi and I also got a robe and teac/coffee making facilities... whoooo...

Beds were comfortable and rooms are very clean if basic, the bathroom reminded me a little of those in the Travel Lodge, which isn´t saying much. The hotel appears to get a lot of trade from large tourist coach groups and consequently breakfast and checkout was manic. There was a huge queue for breakfast and again for checkout. Breakfast was fine, with plenty of choice but far too busy.

The hotel does have an excellent gym though that was well equipped with plenty of room, and big windows looking out at the city which made a nice change from the usual windowless gyms you get in most London hotels

I would stay here again if I had business in the area, as for a London hotel it is not overly expensive, and although its not that central it is London and getting around is relatively easy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Fredericton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband had a meeting at BSI so we stayed here again - he for a week and me for four nights. The location to the tube and bus station are very good. This was our second visit to the hotel and it had undergone renovations since our last stay.
The breakfasts are good but the selection was smaller than I remember, however the choice are resonable. One can always go back several times if you are really hungry!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
EdwardHobson, Director of Sales at Novotel London West, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Sir / Madam,

Further to the review you placed on TripAdvisor, I wanted to thank you for the feedback therein.

We've worked very hard on the product and our service delivery over the last four years and I'm delighted to see from your review that that work now seems to be paying off in the form of happy guests; our raison d'etre.

Thanks again for your feedback, it's very easy to critisise so we're all delighted to hear such positive comments as yours - very many thanks.

Tromsø, Troms, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

The hotel is located a short 5 minutes walk from Hammersmith tube station where you can get directly to/from Heathrow Airport with the Piccadilly Line. Also in walking distance is the cheap and popular Primark Hammersmith store and several bars and smaller restaurants.

Check in/out could have been more efficient - had to wait for about 10 minutes at check in.

The restaurant serves a delicious buffet both at breakfast and dinner.

The rooms are clean and of good quality, with a comfortable bed, a desk and a sofa. You can connect your phone/MP3-device to the sound system in the room and get music in both the sleeping room and the bathroom. Very cool!

Novotel Lodnon West is absolutely a recommendable hotel in the western part of London!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
EdwardHobson, Director of Sales at Novotel London West, responded to this review, November 15, 2012

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

The hotel is excellent if a bit pricey and in a convenient location for the West End of London. Reception service is a bit disappointing however. I was in a hurry to check out, there were two people on reception who were both engaged in checking in a large group while a queue of other guests were waiting to check out or have other queries taken care of. We were being ignored by both of the staff checking in the group. Eventually some more reception staff arrived to process us but we had to wait 10-15 minutes for it to happen. As I say, disappointing.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Darwin, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights, underwhelmed by executive room. Good location near Hammersmith Tube Station and plenty of shopping/restaurants nearby. Free will-firm in lobby but not in rooms - bad luck if you cannot connect to wired internet! I had free access but could not use on my galaxy. Reception advised could use internet via television but next to useless.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Greg B
Newbury, Berkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

I wish I could have an option of "good". Because it was "good". But I don't really have the heart to put average.

Basically I was here on business for two days and everything seemed to be managed well. The staff were efficiant and a credit to the hotel.

The cleanliness I felt could have been a lot better. There were marks on the bathroom services and the window ledge had a few cobwebs. The room in general didn't make me want to stay any extra nights.

The staff and breakfast bring the rating up to 4 stars as it was bearable and some perks like the food and general running of the place, even though it was EXTREMELY busy, were nice.

• 2 of 5 bubbles