“Very nice”

Ranked #407 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Cleveland, Texas
“Very nice”
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I stayed at the Novotel West for a week before a guided tour during the week of the Royal Wedding. After two weeks of traveling and seven different hotels I must say I highly recommend this one. Of all the hotels the Novotel had the BEST continental breakfast ever. I good selection for meat eaters and vegetarians, something that others do not have. The rooms are nice and clean. The hotel is located right across the street from the underground subway station and bus station. It was so easy to just walk across the street and take the tube anywhere you needed to go. One of the last nights here a high school was having their prom in the convention center attached to the hotel and it was so loud in my room I could hear the whole event like I was actually at the event. But that only happened once and I was so tired I fell asleep anyway. One negative thing is that the rooms don't really have air-conditioning like I am used to in the States. It was too warm in my room for me. I reported it to maintenance but it didn't change any. It wasn't too hot outside when I was there so I don't know if I'd have the same opinion in the summer or not. We only ate breakfast at the main buffet diner so I don't know how the food is there during the day. They have a fancy restaurant if you like little portions of fancy food and they have a bar. The bar has excellent food! Eat in the bar area. Oh, and this was the only hotel out of the seven we stayed in that had free internet service, that was very nice.

2 Thank loves2laugh29
EdwardHobson, Director of Sales at Novotel London West, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Dear Madam,

Further to the review you placed on TripAdvisor, I wanted to thank you for the feedback therein.

We've worked very hard on the product and our service delivery over the last four years and I'm delighted to see from your review that that work now seems to be paying off in the form of happy guests; our raison d'etre.

Thanks again for your feedback, it's very easy to critisise so we're all delighted to hear such positive comments as yours - very many thanks.

Kind regards,
E HOBSON

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
paris
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Stayed here with work. Rooms big and comfortable. Location great (although not pretty!). Staff friendly. Food good.

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank mlohara
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Of the ten hotels we stayed in during our Cosmos Wonders of Europe coach tour, this was by far the best. It looked and felt like a first-class hotel. The decor was modern, there were ample lifts, the room was very spacious and the breakfast facilities were first rate. The staff were helpful and the location was handy to the Thames and Hammersmith high street. We found an excellent Italian restaurant (Villagios) just a short walk away on Hammersmith Road. The room had tea and coffee facilities, a fridge and good hifi facilities. There was free internet access in the lobby. All in all an excellent hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dr Bob H
Flint, Michigan
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We were on a tour of Europe, we started the tour at this hotel. It was clean, the rooms were a nice size and the hotel was easy to move about with several lifts, there was not a long wait to get to your room.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank daylate
EdwardHobson, Director of Sales at Novotel London West, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
Dear Sir / Madam,

We've worked very hard on the product and our service delivery over the last three years and I'm delighted to see from your review that that work now seems to be paying off in the form of happy guests; our raison d'etre.

Kind regards,
E HOBSON

Director of Sales & Marketing
UK
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Stayed 2 nights on a conference, was very good, nice, large room with a good view.
The breakfast queue was long, and it was hard to grab the staff to get a hot drink, the food was very good, breads in particuar.
Conference facilities were good, except the toilets were quite far.
Didnt eat in the restaurant apart from breakfast, the lunch that was put on was good though, and reasonably healthy.
Had a drink in the bar which was nice, if a little 'lobbysih' - we got a nice table in the window.
Room service food was good prices but i was too full to need anything in my room!
Staff were very friendly, although not many spoke good english!
It's well worth a walk down to the river as its only about 15 mins, there are some lovely pubs down there too to have a drink or a bite to eat.

I wouldnt book this hotel for a romantic, or sightseeing break really, its more nice/functional than nice/ luxurious.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ROOMVITHAVIEW1
Gloucestershire
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Stayed here on tesco points as we could not get a hotel in central london. This actually hand great tube links with very regular trains. Hotel was clean although breakfast on the first day we were taken to another room for breakfast where the food looked very over-cooked and was luke warm, next day though breakfast in the main restaurant was good.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple