“Theatre break”

Ranked #262 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“Theatre break”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

We had a two day break here. The hotel is situated adjacent to euston station and very convenient for the city. The accommodation (double room) was reasonably spacious. The room was comfortable, clean, we'll appointed and quiet. We had a problem with the safety deposit box and phoned reception. Maintenance attended within 15 minutes and fixed it. The buffet breakfast was fine. Plenty of choice, variety etc. absolutely no complaints. We did not eat in the hotel during the evening otherwise I may have awarded 5 stars. The hotel also boasts free wifi which was excellent. Overall I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: Double rooms tend to be slightly bigger than doubles but I think the standard doubles are quite adeq...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
TW_General_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind review of the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I am thrilled to hear you had a wonderful stay in our hotel. I am glad that the team were helpful; they work hard every day to provide every single guest the best service needed. I am therefore glad you were able to experience that and I will pass you compliments on.

We will be looking forward to welcome you back to the Thistle Euston hotel.

Kind regards

If you require any further assistance or future bookings please email our General Manager-Steve.cane@thistle.co.uk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (674)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Ranco (VA)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

Booked this with a last minute deal. A glass of champagne was offered as we checked in! Modern styling throughout the hotel, comfortable room, very friendly staff. Close to Euston station but no noise from the trains and very convenient for tube and bus connections.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the garden behind the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Timbo_Ranco
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I am delighted to hear you had a nice stay in our hotel and that we were able to exceed your expectations. I am pleased that the location convenient for you, which I would agree is great for getting around London as the local transport links are just a short walk away. I will be sure to pass your kind compliments regarding the team.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Rugby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

The Thistle is just spot on. The staff are excellent as are the rooms and one of the best breakfasts I've had. Although right next to Euston Station and, my room overlooked the lines, I didn't hear the trains at all. Also, ideal for bus and tube, literally 3 minutes walk away. It's close to a street full of restaurants too, all different types so you doesn't have to venture far if you don't feel like it. Free, fast wi-fi int he rooms was an added bonus. A cracking stay and would fully recommend. Enjoy!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank thelizard1061
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying at The Thistle Euston Hotel on your recent trip to London.

I am delighted that you received excellent service from the team and you found the location convenient for you. Thank you for your recommendation.

I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming to our hotel again in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

We recently ran a seminar at Thistle Euston. The venue is superb - clean, modern, free wi-fi, delicious food (small savoury tarts, mini-cottage pies, smoked salmon,etc -- the best food I've ever had for a seminar!) and an extremely helpful staff.

Erhan was our account manager on the day of the seminar - he was brilliant! We wanted some changes made to the seminar room and he made sure we got what we needed and the room was ready on time. The feedback from attendees on the venue was excellent.

I would highly recommend holding events at Thistle Euston.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Emily M
Dear Emily

Thank you very much for using our hotel as your meeting venue and for posting your positive feedback on Trip Advisor.

It gives me great pleasure to read all your kind words of praises. I am delighted to read that we were well looked after by Erhan and the team, who were all happy to help.

I was also pleased that you your dining experience was an excellent one and we met your expectation.

We greatly anticipate your next visit to the Thistle Euston.

Steve.cane@thistle.co.uk
Notting Hill, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

A very good hotel in a position close to euston and st pancras stations. It's also a great place to explore London being close to the tube and walking distance to bond st and many other attractions the room was comfortable and quiet,not much of a view overlooking euston station, but it was a very well run hotel

Room Tip: Our room was ok cannot speak for other rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Leslie

First of all I would like to thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Thistle Euston. We are very proud of our excellent location, which is very convenient for getting to explore London. Also all of are team work extremely hard to try and make sure every one of our guests is treated to the highest level of service possible.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit.

Steve.cane@thistle.co.uk
Pontefract, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is right next to euston station however I could not hear any rail noise which was good. It was so close to everything, 15 mins walk to Camden town.

We stayed in a king deluxe room which was a spacious room, the bed could fit 4 people in, I can assure you it was just the two of us though :)

We had breakfast in bed both mornings because we were out til early hours and didn't want to see anyone so early. The breakfast was lovely, I recommend scrambled over fried eggs.

The staff were very good, not robotic like some hotels, I arrows back to hotel early hours on Saturday night to find the bar still open with a lovely barman who made me a cocktail that I explained how to make, I went to order the same and he knew exactly how to make it... Very good barman from Greece (forgot his name)

Definitely the hotel of choice for us when we are in London again

Thanks thistle :)

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank StevePonte
TW_General_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review of Thistle Euston Hotel.

I am happy to hear you were able to meet your expectation; I am pleased to read you found your bedroom spacious and enjoyed breakfast. Nevins our barman was trilled that he was highlighted for his good service skills.

We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service; our staff members work hard every day to provide that quality customer service that our guests expect.

Please visit us again; we will be looking forward to welcoming you back to Thistle Euston Hotel.

Kind Regards

If you require any further assistance or future bookings please email our General Manager-Steve.can@thistle.co.uk
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

Fab visit to London. Hotel in a great location, right next to Euston train station. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and a good size. Slept very well. Breakfast was very good. A very relaxing stay, I'll definitely stay there again

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank S H
Dear Guest

I am delighted that you received excellent service, glad that found the team very friendly and helpful.

I have passed you kind words to all the team who greatly appreciate the positive feedback and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit.

Kind Regards