“Good hotel in great location but beware of room choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Thistle Euston

Thistle Euston
Ranked #254 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Bournemouth
“Good hotel in great location but beware of room choice”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We have just returned from our trip to London and on the whole had a great time. The hotel is in a fantastic location being 3 mins walk from the station. The staff our very accommodating and friendly. The room we stayed in was clean and for the price paid very acceptable. Warning!!!! Do not stay in room 058 you will get no sleep. It is directly opposite the staff service entrance, so from 6.30 that's the end of your nights sleep. Stay at this hotel but best ignore the ground floor to be on the safe side. We will be returning here for sure.

Room Tip: Not the ground floor and def not room 058. If ground floor is essential then opt for the early room...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
TW_General_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of your recent stay here with us; it is great that you would stay with us again.

I am trilled to here you found our team here at the Thistle Euston to be accommodating and friendly, also that our location was a key advantage.

I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay with us,
Feedback is truly important to us as the guests needs and opinions are truly valuable.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Kind regards

If you require any further assistance or future bookings please email our General Manager-Steve.cane@thistle.co.uk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (674)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2014

we visit London quite often .This break at the thistle Euston figures high on our list for the service the cleanliness and locality.check out was earlier than our train time so the staff took care of our luggage no problem were encountered at all 100% reccomend

1 Thank John D
Dear John

Thank you for your kind review.

I am delighted to hear you had a nice stay in our hotel. We are very proud of location which is great for getting around London, I am glad you enjoyed this as well. I passed you kind compliments to our staff.

Please visit us again; we will be looking forward to welcoming you back to the Thistle Euston Hotel

Ireland
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed our stay. Staff very helpful and friendly. Super location for access all areas of London , close to tube and trains - we walked most places such as the British museum. Great selection at breakfast ( included in our package but if not in yours and you want to experience the British cafe - take a short walk to the other side of Euston Station and try the 66 cafe-great breakfast and very reasonable. In short nice hotel, helpful staff- recommended

Room Tip: Stroll up to Camden market for an experience
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I am delighted to hear you had a nice stay in our hotel and that we were able to exceed your expectations. We are extremely proud of our Euston location which makes it the perfect place for getting around London. I am glad you were able to experience that.Thank you for your recommendation.

We look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Keighley, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This was the first time me and my fiancée have got away in our relationship and found the Thistle on a comparison site. I booked the hotel and read some reviews on trip advisor with some mixed reviews, I then proceeded to look on their website to find some amazing photos and was instantly put at ease. My communication with the hotel leading up to the stay was brilliant I had asked for some rose petals and swans made up from towels and was not disappointed at all. Upon arriving in St Pancras a quick check found the hotel to be a small 10 minute walk which was even better. We arrived at the hotel and was very surprised as the pictures dont do the hotel any justice its reception was beautiful with wonderful smiling staff just ready to accommodate your every needs. The queue was long to check in but was done with in 5 minutes to which I was surprised. We got to our room (133) and the bed was huge and very comfy with the petals and swan sitting on the bed. The room was stocked up with tea and hot chocolate and a lovely welcome box of truffles which my fiancée scoffed pretty quickly. We stayed at the Thistle because of the links to the metropolitan line towards Wembley. Our room was amazing and the only thing I had a problem with was we didn't spend enough time in our room but we are planning to come back in August. Great staff and a wonderful hotel

Room Tip: Room over looking the park are amazing
1 Thank Dwaine S
Dear Dwaine

Thank you for having the Thistle Euston as a hotel of your choice.

I would like to thank you for sharing this kind review of the Thistle Euston Hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that you appreciated the effort the team made to make your room special for you and your fiancé.

We as a hotel strive to ensure that we offer the highest level of customer service to every one of our guest, I am therefore trilled to hear we had made your stay pleasurable and glad we left a lasting impression.

Your generous praise has been shared with the team and has served as a great motivation and encouragement tool.

We are all very much looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We visited the hotel with my parents to spend the weekend celebrating their 30th anniversary.

From the exterior the hotel doesn't look massively appealing however it is fantastically located, just a 2 minute walk from the tube!

Inside the lobby is beautiful, the staff were very welcoming and the hotel is gorgeous. We upgraded both rooms and had a lovely view of the park, the rooms were large, modern and very functional.

The hotel kindly left a card for my parents and also provided complimentary robes and slippers.

Lovely hotel, great staff and location.

Room Tip: Pay the little extra to upgrade, its worth it
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank minioneyorkshire
TW_General_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying at The Thistle Euston Hotel on your recent trip to London.

I am delighted that you received excellent service, We are very lucky with our location here at Euston with many of the top sites that London has to offer within walking distance and travel links to the underground, mainline and underground stations just steps away.

I have passed you kind words to all the team who greatly appreciate the positive feedback and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit.

Winsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was booked through a theatre and hotel deal so we didnt know what to expect. When arriving at the hotel from Euston it was very easy to find and the concierge were more than happy to help us with our bags and keep them in a locked room until check-in so we didnt have to carry them on our travels!
The room was so modern and perfectly clean!!
The beds were extremely comfortable and the shower room was brilliant!
Had a great nights sleep due to no noise.
The breakfast will suit every palette, something for everyone including cooked breakfast, cereals, yoghurts, juices, fresh fruit..etc.
As check out was earlier than our train home time, again the concierge kept our bags whilst we explored london.
Fantastic hotel, couldnt fault a single thing..100% recommended!!

1 Thank EmmaJayne11
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us your feedback of your recent stay at the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I am happy to hear you were able met your expectation. I will be sure to pass your kind compliments the team. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service; our staff members work hard every day to provide that quality customer service that our guests expect. Thank you for your recommendation.

Please visit us again; we will be looking forward to welcoming you back to Thistle Euston Hotel.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This hotel is very handy for Euston Train Station - it is a two minute walk away. (It is also only around a 10 minute walk away from St. Pancreas).
The hotel itself is reasonably modern with helpful staff.
I stayed for three nights on a business trip. Breakfast was good - if pretty busy at 8am.
My room was clean, but very small - it was between two other rooms with connecting doors. I assume it is put to use occasionally as a family room. The soundproofing between the rooms was pretty non existent. I didn't hear very much from one of the rooms - but the other room had an occupant who spent the majority of the time talking very loudly on her mobile.
As I only spent minimal time in the room, I didn't complain.
My mistake - I should have complained and asked to be moved - I didn't. Lesson learned.
I would stay again - just make sure I had the right room this time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectation on this occasion. I have shared your comments with the team and the matter will be investigated further.

Please feel free to contact our general manager direct as would be keen to oversee your stay.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back at Thistle Euston.

Kind regards

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any assistance email our General Manager-Steve.cane@thistle.co.uk