“Adequate for 1 night ”

Ranked #264 of 1,090 Hotels in London
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
“Adequate for 1 night ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed ahead of meetings in nearby Islington the hotel was fine but the room was so unbelievably tiny! Bathroom too was claustrophobically small but again, 1 night out my life so no harm done. Disappointingly I had forgotten my phone charger therefore asked reception to book me a wake up call which didn't arrive so I didn't have time to sample the breakfast. Typical London prices which leaves you short changed for the service received.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeenge
TW_General_Manager, General Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

I apologise that your stay was not up to our normally impeccable standards, if you choose to come and stay again please let me know and I will make a special effort to ensure everything is if extremely high standards.

Have a great Christmas!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (676)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on a Friday evening and thought the location was great.
5 minute walk to euston main line station and underground.
Clean, spacious room, tea and coffee making facilities. Free wifi and helpful staff.
Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Kerri,

I am really pleased you were impressed with your stay at the Thistle Euston, please come and stay again.

Merry Christmas!
Hopkinton NH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

I stopped over in London for a quick trip out of the city, before proceeding on to Germany on the Eurostar. The hotel was a little further off than I expected, at the end of the road just past Euston Station but still not a bad spot at all. For just one night the place was just fine - a smallish but very comfortable room and very affable staff. I'd have no qualms about staying here again for a short stopover in London

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Extremely pleased that you enjoyed stay at Thistle Euston, we are a great location only 10 minutes from London Kingcross and 2 minutes from Euston station.

I hope to welcome you again in the future.
Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in a standard double which I felt was big enough for one but think it would have felt snug for a couple. I think the hotel has been recently renovated as it is very modern and fresh. The room itself was well decorated and the bed was comfortable and clean. Good sized bathroom but fixed head showers drive me mad, I like to be able to adjust it. But at the end of the day the water was nice and hot - what more can you ask for? I will stay here again on business as it is very close to kings cross and euston status and my office. Doubt I would stay for pleasure, if I did I would need to get a bigger room as think it would feel too small!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear May,

I am pleased you felt the room was modern and fresh we are constantly refreshing our rooms to keep our standards extremely high.

If you were able to upgrade our deluxe rooms they have a larger space and a King size beds which maybe more appealing to you for your leisure trips.

I hope to welcome you back for either leisure or business very soon.
Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

I haven't stayed at this hotel for a couple of years and I hardly recognised it. There have been many improvements to the look and feel of the hotel. Very modern & clean. I had a ground floor double room which was a reasonable size (for London!). Nice buffet breakfast. Short walk to Euston station

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am pleased you decided to stay at the Thistle Euston again after a few years; we have indeed made a lot of improvements.
In May we finished a large refurbishment on the hotel spending £9 Million on every aspect of the hotel, we have a few more improvements/changes coming in 2014 and I hope you can come and stay again to let us know your thoughts.

Many Thanks and have a great Christmas
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stayed at this Hotel for 2 nights very clean in fact spotless, great hot breakfast ,great rooms very comfortable beds ,quality bathroom and towels great location 2 mins walk from bus and Euston rail station nice bar atmosphere in the evenings, pity about beer prices £7 50 for pint and half of lager,, but evrything else is great. highly recomend

Room Tip: if you are a couple make sure you ask for double bed or you may end up with twin beds as we did
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Liverpool Rocks!

Thank you for the positive review, I am glad you were impressed with the hotel and our new breakfast range. I did read as your room tip to ask for a double bed; apologises that you were not given double room, this sometimes depends on how you book, if through third party channels they sometimes do not specify room types and we allocate any room that can hold two people not just double rooms, next time if you let reception know I am sure that they will be more than happy to allocate a double room depending on availability.

Merry Christmas!
East Sussex, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

This hotel is well located for a reasonable walk to the West End or Theatre Land. We have stayed here a few times now. The standard rooms are quite small and it is worth upgrading to at least the larger deluxe rooms with king size beds. Breakfast is very good, very good quality and a good range of hot and cold foods to choose from but you have to get down early to avoid the queues which build up very quickly. Staff on reception and in the bar are very friendly. Only problem we had was that there was only one lift working which was a problem if you were staying on the 4th floor. Close by are quite a few good pubs serving food and of course next to Euston Station where there are lots of places to get snacks etc

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on the Thistle Euston. Great to read that you were pleased with the breakfast we have just made changes to our breakfast menu and the feedback we have received has been very positive. I am pleased you were given the opportunity to try one of deluxe rooms, the king size beds are extremely comfortable.

The weekend you stayed we were getting our lifts ungraded which meant a few safety checks had to be done over the weekend, I apologise this wasn’t communicated to you fully.

Many Thanks