“Good choice in London”

Ranked #283 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Lanoka Harbor, United States
“Good choice in London”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed 4 nights on a Trafalgar Tour and were quite pleased with everything about the hotel. The rooms and bathrooms were super clean. The room size is normal for a city hotel; the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The restaurant and bar staff (especially Laura and Veronika) were friendly and professional. We found the location perfect since it is next to Euston Station for the Tube and Euston Square for shops and cafés. I definitely recommend this hotel and we would return.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 219 and did not notice any noise from the Euston Station.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sharon G
Mark G, General Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Sharon,

It is brilliant that you had such a pleasant experience at Thistle Euston.

We are currently working with our staff closely to provide the best customer service we aim to make it a personal service and I am very pleased that both Laura and Veronika stood out for you.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (684)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This is your typical business-type hotel - clean, nice bedrooms in a very convenient location at Euston. Not much more to say except the breakfast is very good and the service is excellent. On the whole I couldn't find anything to fault this hotel. Not absolutely amazing but very good none the less. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Susan,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review for your recent stay. We did go through a very recent refurbishment of all of our bedrooms, and public areas. We are constantly trying to put more effort into bringing our customers the best customer service and I am glad you approve and would come and stay again at the Thistle Euston.

Many Thanks
Shoalhaven, Australia
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stayed one night in a standard room prior to our Trafalgar tour. Our room was quite small but tastefully decorated, clean and comfortable, free wifi was very handy. After a 24 hour flight, we arrived at Heathrow at 5am (unfortunately) and we were unable to check in to our room until after 2pm which made it a very long day! My only complaint was that many other people checked in after us and were allocated a room before us. Just the luck of the draw I guess but we had to continually remind reception that we were there.

Another thing for people from outside of Britain to be aware of is that many UK hotels do not have refrigerators as is the norm for many other countries. We had nowhere for our bottle of wine. However the concierge was more than happy to chill it for us downstairs which was much appreciated. Breakfast was included in our tariff but, as we checked out well before the restaurant opened, the hotel was happy to provide us with a breaskfast box consisting of pastries, fruit and yoghurt. Just remember to ask the night before and they will have it ready for you.

We would certainly stay here again when next in London. Make sure you check out Camden Town (about a 15 minute walk away) for great markets and food stalls.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris P
Mark G, General Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Hi Chris P,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Thistle Euston in June, I hope you enjoyed your trip to London.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by your room not being available before 2pm, we do advise that our guest rooms will be available between the hours of 12pm – 2pm this is to allow us to manage our cleaning process. Sometimes depending on room type they maybe ready sooner but it is completely dependant on availability, if you come again please let us know before hand and I will see if we can allocate an early check in.

I am extremely pleased we were able to provide you with one of our “grab and go” breakfasts we do find these extremely helpful for our guests who are catching early flights, we do not want you to leave with an empty stomach!

I hope to welcome you back to Thistle Euston at some point in the near future.
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times and again, I wish to commend it for its cleanliness, its efficiency and in particular the care that each of the staff gave each of our party whilst we were in the hotels auspices. We find the hotel is an ideal place from which to plan a stay in London and cannot recommend it more highly. There is surely no more caring staff in the whole of the London catering industry.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ken and Cath,

Thank you so much for writing this amazing review! I am extremely pleased to read that we are able to give you the best experience of London whilst staying at the Thistle Euston. We are putting a lot of effort into training our staff to know about all departments therefore being able to give you the correct answer/advice when you ask for it.

It is a great compliment to read this review and I hope to welcome you both back to the hotel in the future.
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Booked this for a weekend Eurostar and theatre weekend in London. Verdict: great location for Eurostar and then for Tube to many attractions (in fact, you can walk to many). Room and bathroom were good-sized (for London) and comfortable - slept well. Reception was very friendly (Anna from Italy). The street is quiet but we still paid a little extra for a room facing the little park. Although recently refurbished, they kept the old single-glazed windows and the noise insulation between rooms leaves a little to be desired. The whole experience was comfortable but it doesn't come cheap (this is London - nor do theatre tickets, eating out or even the Tube). But generally satisfied with Thistle.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pbru54
Mark G, General Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

I hope that you enjoyed your theatre weekend in London, I think the shows that are on at the moment are brilliant, and you are starting to feel Christmas is getting closer.

I am pleased to read that you satisfied with your stay, we did go through a recent refurbishment spending £9 Million on the whole hotel. I will speak to our maintenance department to see if we can address the issue as soon as possible.

I hope that you will choose the Thistle Euston again for your next trip to London.
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Staying over night prior to an event in London. Decided to stay inside to eat, Service with a smile :) the staff were excellent, Laura was a very friendly member of staff who ensured that i had everything i needed. I had the chef special (fish pie) which was out of this world. A male host with a smile on his face also ensured that everything was ok. The staff had a smile on their faces and had all the time in the world for their guests.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook a building right across the street
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kenneth H
Dear Kenneth,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us here at the Thistle Euston. I will let each of our teams know your comments, I am sure that they will be thrilled with how impressed you were.

I will make sure I feed back to our Chef how much you enjoyed the fish pie!

I hope to welcome you back to stay with us in the future…
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I have been staying at The Thistle in Euston for the last 2 weeks and I have had a great time. The location is literally less than 5 mins walk from Euston train station. The rooms are great. I'm in a double deluxe this week and there is room for 4 in my bed!
The food is great in the restaurant. I've had something different every night and not one meal has been below standard. Great service from Laura in the restaurant. Always smiling and chatting. Very welcoming.
Recommend this place to all.
Thank you all at the Thistle!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Mark G, General Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Hi Reviewer,

Thank you for writing such an excellent review on the Thistle Euston, it is great to read that you enjoyed staying with us and that you would come again.

We are putting a lot of effort and training into making sure we deliver exceptional service, starting from when you walking through the door to when you leave. I will pass on your comments to our food and beverage department, I know they will be pleased to read your review.

Thank you again for staying with us, I hope to see you again here soon.