“Compact and yet comfortable”
Review of Thistle Euston

Thistle Euston
Ranked #281 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Singapore, Singapore
“Compact and yet comfortable”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed here on 2 different dates.
First time was for 3 nights and after our 13 hour flight, i had the best sleep ever. Beds were comfortable. The next day only we realized how convenient this hotel is. Near to Euston Station and Camden Town. Camden Town is just probably 15 minutes away from the hotel. Just remember to turn left and walk.

The staff that checked us in was very friendly, Silvia and the other older gentleman at the concierge was equally friendly too. Helped us to booked a transport to Gatwick on our departure date. The staff at the bar was equally friendly though it was hard for us to understand her accent.

The shower was the best. Strong and powerful water flow. For me personally, shower heads and flow can either break or make my hotel stay. For this it was the best experience.

Our only letdown is the lack of mini-fridge in the room, thus the regular request of ice to our room. Other than that location good. Room view depends where you face is good. Price wise depends on how much you are paying is also good.

Will definitely come back here again if i am visiting London.

Room Tip: On or second visit, we got the twin room that faces the park. Very quiet and pleasant.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Mark G, Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
I was delighted to read this lovely review regarding your recent stay with us and that you would stay with us again if you come back to visit London. As you say our location is very convenient; it’s close to the tube station and only a few stops away from a lot of London’s top attractions.

The entire team is so proud to hear that you found the service provided most helpful!

Once again I would like to thank you for your great review, and I will be sure to pass on you lovely comments to our staff at the hotel.

Mark Gallagher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (682)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
East Retford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This hotel is at the top of its class. Rooms and services are what it says on the label. The restaurant deserves special mention: the Chef manages to make a standard menu look and taste Cordon Bleu. Had a starter of scallops and bacon that was just perfect, with fresh ingredients prepared just right.
The waitresses are all stars, knowledgeable and prompt, especially multilingual Laura Cruz, always ready with a pretty smile and good advice.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel face a small park and a derelict hospital. Ugly, but very quiet. Not...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank fzanchi
Mark G, Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
It is great to read such fantastic reviews about our guests stays and I was pleased to hear that this was the case on this occasion also.

I know our chef will be very happy with your comments about the food and I have ensured that your kind words regarding our waitresses have been shared with the entire team. We all look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Wishaw, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Was at the thistle Euston for a short theatre break best hotel I have been in for some time, lovely room, spotless clean, comfortable bed, food was great and staff were excellent very helpful had a great stay and would use this hotel again. Will recommend the Thistle to all my friends

Room Tip: looking over St James garden was lovely
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear reviewer,

I am delighted to read this fantastic review regarding your recent stay with us at Thistle Euston.

I am very pleased you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel from the comfortable beds to the food.

Thank you for sharing your experience and I hope I will we will be able to welcome you back to Thistle Euston in the near future.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 9, 2013

As a first time traveller to london from australia, my travel agent booked thia hotel for 6 nights for me. Now I understand every individual has difderent expectations however my view on this hotel ismy opinion. The location is great, 30 mins comfortable walk took me to the heart of the city ahopping and nightlife or a short 10 pound cab ride, or even using the tube I found easy and just around the corner. The hotel is clean, fresh, modern and of a high standard, however the stand out for me was the lwvel of service I recieved from each and every staff member. In particular Veronicaand dalma in the lounge bar, who made me feel right at home each day I returned from a big day of adventure, alwaya intentley interested in my day. The concierge desk staff always had the best advice and tips and no question was an issue. The food at breakfast was great and plentiful, and room serice was great. I qould highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I only had a single room just the right size for me.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ewan H
Mark G, Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, September 12, 2013

I was very pleased to hear that you found our location to be great! We are very close to many of the major sights which enable our guests to make the most of their time in London.

I am pleased to read that our staff gave a great service. Our team prides itself on having a passion for customer service. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to them!

It is also wonderful to read that you enjoyed our breakfast and the high standard of our rooms!

We hope to be able to welcome you back next time you are in London!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Third time here and really can't fault it. It is a convenient three minute walk from Euston and just so easy. From checking in and then ordering a drink from the bar from trainee Portuguese Laura (who was just great after a 4 hour horrific train journey from Birmingham and managed to understand my babblings) to room service and then a final glass of wine later on delivered from fellow Portuguese, Victor.
The only thing with sharing how good this place is, is to make it more difficult in the future when booking return trips.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Mark G, Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for such a great feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Thistle Euston. I was really delighted to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us as it is our highest priority to ensure that all our guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay at all time.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future.

cumbria
Reviewed September 8, 2013

really enjoyed our stay. Charlotte on reception(I think I've got her name right) was very helpful and gave us a room that had everything we asked for. She also gave us some good tips for our day down to Brighton. All staff were friendly. Good breakfast although to be fair could have been a bit hotter. Very handy as we arrived at Euston.

Room Tip: We had room 332 overlooking park and not to near lifts,slept ok
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Mark G, Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your lovely comment regarding Charlotte. I will gladly pass it on to her.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Surprise hit of a hotel near St Pancras and booked as part of a gift card online. Nice enough double standard room for the price, free wi fi and great breakfast. Unfortunately the hotel is let down by two things - single glazed windows which have a significant draft at night at let through noise from outside and disrespectful guests who congregate and talk outside of your room on a weekend morning while you are trying to sleep. Outside of the hotels control to some degree but really sad to be let down by noise when you are trying to have a relaxing weekend away.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple