“Great one night stay!”

Ranked #302 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Great one night stay!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

A conveniently located hotel which is a short walk from Euston station and away from hustle and bustle. Very modern interior, well designed and spacious rooms. Plenty of storage space within the room and the bathroom was also great, with plenty of room, a bath and a superbly powerful shower. Nice complimentary toiletries and reasonable selection of drinks and biscuits within the room. We only ate at the hotel for breakfast - this was buffet style and very yummy. We chose the full English option and ate as much or as little as we wanted. There was a very good selection of cereals and juices too, along with plenty of other options. Our breakfast was included in the price of our stay, which was a very reasonable cost for London, much cheaper than another London hotel we stayed at the following weekend. The staff in the restaurant were great and those spoken to at reception were also very helpful, particularly the younger lad who went out of his way to welcome our group. He took time to ask about our day, where we had travelled from and our plans. We couldn't have asked for anyone nicer to check us in and out. Overall an excellent experience - we will definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (695)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had a one night stay at the hotel which is located next to Euston railway station. Room are clean, quiet and nice, although a little bit small. Wi-Fi is free in rooms. Breakfast is of good quality. Staff at reception is very friendly and helpfull. You get all information you need. Staff at breakfast is helpfull and friendly as well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

We picked this hotel because of the location, good price (for London) and clean & modern appearance, and on all points the hotel was just what we expected.

Our room overlooked the park, we had no issues with noise from the nearby station and whilst the room was not large it was not a box either, the overall feel was a clean and comfortable one.

The Hotel is perfectly located for Euston station and not too far (5 min walk) from Kings Cross, it also has very close links to the underground. Whilst not surrounded by nearby tourist attractions, we found it very easy to travel to Covent Garden area, the Natural History Museum & Kensington all in one afternoon / evening.

We elected to not pay for breakfast and enjoyed a light snack and coffee in a nearby cafe for half the price. The staff were ok although there was some confusion when checking in concerning our payment, this had been paid at the time of booking (through an online website) but the hotel wanted to charge us again when we arrived. The problem was quickly resolved by another member of the hotel reception.

Overall, the hotel was exactly what we expected.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank J111MPW
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

This was my second six night stay at Thistle Euston and I intend to stay here on all future trips to London. Everything is bright and immaculate from the moment you enter. The reception staff members are very pleasant but, check in and check out were so quick, I had little interaction with them. The staff at breakfast (which is great, by the way) are very nice and efficient. The hotel now has free wifi that works beautifully. The housekeepers do an excellent job. I find it very quiet even though the trains are across the street.

I arrived on the Eurostar from Paris and walked over from St Pancras Station. The underground is right inside Euston Station so you can get anywhere in London quickly (lots of buses stop at Euston Station too).
It was very cold while I was in London and the heating in my room worked perfectly. I would turn it off while I was out but could warm it up quickly when I returned.

I am very happy that I found this hotel and have no need to look for another in London.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Marktimperley
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I thought this looked like a fancy hotel and it is by the looks of it but the elevator was broken for most of our 3 day stay. The electricity in our room went out in just the bathroom. While someone came right away to "fix" it, it went out again and so did some of the light sockets. Really weird. It was within 5 minutes walking distance from the Euston metro station and there are good places to grab a coffee there but not really the nicest looking part of town.

Bottom line, would I go back: maybe, if the price was right. Otherwise I'd try elsewhere.

Room Tip: We were in room 161 and we faced some sort of plant or electricity station.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for one night at the beginning of April. We were greeted by a really nice receptionist, Sabir. He was so friendly and made us feel very welcome. When we got to our room the bathroom was a but small but the bedroom itself was quite big and nice, with a big Telly with lots of channels. It didn't have a bath and just a shower, but we weren't fussed. The bed was really comfy. The next day when we went for breakfast we had to queue for over ten minutes, due to the high capacity of people. But it was really worth it. They had lots of hot and cold food, with chefs adding more and more as the hour went on. They has fresh fruit, crossaints, ham and cheeses, breakfast cereals, and all of he usual fry stuff too. When we checked out, they let us keep our bags in for the whole day while we went shopping. Then we returned to the relaxing lobby full of friendly staff. Bit pricey, but would stay again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ayesha666
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have just gotten back from a 2 ight stay at the Thistle Hotel , Euston, I booked and pre paid for 2 standard rooms for my wife and I , our daughter and her friend. After a long journey we where keen to dump the bags and head on out to the night life, When we returned I noticed how small our bedroom was..after comparing to our daughters room (far larger) I realised we had been given a box room. I rang to try and sort out at reception but was told I would have to speak to the manager the next day. The double bed was crammed in to a corner that meant you both had to get in and out of the same side..in 4 sar Hotel this to me is unacceptable. I had to climb over my wife twice in the night....(First floor room 170) The next day I approached "shirley" the manageress and spoke to her, I will give her her dues she sorted it and upgraded us to a bigger room the second night, but can't accept the room was a "superior" room..see attached pictures and judge for your self. She also threw in 4 free breakfasts (£16.00 each) so although the hotel is very luxourious our experience was poor to start but made better by an upgrade to a bed both persons could get in and out of....I had to also turn the air conditioning off as the motor chucked out about 30 decibels..we just could not sleep with that. We where very tired the second night brought on by the initial poor nights sleep.

Room Tip: dont stay in room 170 on first floor..unless your on your own.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family