“Great location for getting to London's sights”
Review of Thistle Euston

Thistle Euston
Ranked #303 of 1,068 Hotels in London
“Great location for getting to London's sights”
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here 3 years ago and decided to come back as the hotel is above average for good priced London hotels with all you need for a few days or longer. Not the sexy up town location but the London public transport means it really is well placed for trains, metro and buses! Plus the train station has a grocery stores to suit travelers needs!

Single room was small but all I needed for this trip... Definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (695)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We were arriving into London Euston Railway Station. This hotel was booked due to its proximity to same. Literally turn right out of station and right again (3 minute walk).
Check in was very slow despite being first in line. Apparently due to computer system, however a very friendly member of reception staff eventually checked us in manually to resolve the issue.
The rooms are very clean however view is a brick wall, tea no biscuits and no toiletries whatsoever. Bed is a rather small but very comfortable double. My wife was unable to sleep due to external noise. Didn't effect me however very noisy durIng day - 212 is right next to laundry chute and cupboards (avoid).

Andy Murray US Open final was screened in the bar. No drinks after 2300 other than through room service. Went to reception for same and they stated this would not be possible. So bar full of people watching first British Champion in 76 years with no drink, snacks or food from 2300 - 0200 - rather irritating indeed. Staff were their seen the problem and failed to problem solve and offer a solution. Lack of situational awareness.

Breakfast. Not bad at all and excellent, friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2012
Liverpool
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Really good hotel for me on this occasion. I wanted to be near the British library and Euston station, I wanted a spotlessly clean room and a comfortable bed all a good price. The Thistle provided this- £250 for three nights for an executive room. Very good value for a room with teac/coffee, iron and ironing board and friendly staff. Shame there is no gym.

Room Tip: Executive rooms aren't huge but perfectly adequate.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
glasgow
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stayed here in April and it was fantastic, have just returned from a weekend away with the girls and there were a few incidents that worried me. At check in it looked like there was a problem, however eventually we were allocated our 3 rooms, on entering our room we were horrified to find the room was full of some other travellers belongings, suitcases, hair straightners, and what looked like gifts and birthday cards. We went back to reception and told them room 295 seemed to be occupied...we were then given another room and all was fine, after quickly unpacking and heading to a show we arrived back weary and ready for a good nights sleep, which we did. However in the morning when getting up after throwing back my duvet on looking at the bed I noticed the sheets were stained in at least 4 different areas of what appeared to be blood, old blood which obviously didn't come out in the wash, so instead if binning these sheets someone thought it acceptable to put them back on a bed ! I reported this to reception and on our return my sheets had been
changed .. Having stayed here previously and being impressed I can honestly say It never entered my head to check the sheets before getting into bed ( which I usually do)... If anything I hope this review makes everyone check their sheets because I can honestly say I felt quite sick when I saw how badly stained these sheets were... I have booked 2 rooms in this hotel for next month and this time all beds will be checked !! Both these incidents should never of happened ...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank sweetprimeras
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel from time to time when visiting the Euston area on business, and have generally found it rather dingy and the rooms rather tired. This time I was delighted to find a room refurbished and stylishly modern with an excellent bathroom. The reception area has also been much improved. Breakfast was fine though not exceptional. I would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Brecon, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I found this hotel very good. It was very clean however the room was quite small. The staff were friendly and helpful. The restaurant staff were helpful and the breakfast was varied and very good. The hotel is near to Euston Station and Underground so is ideal for people traveling by rail.

My negative experience was linked to payment. Having had my card verified on arrival, the hotel held an amount against my account in addition to the total cost of my stay allowing me to charge things to my room if I needed to. At the end of my stay, I was told that I could put my room key into the express payment box and payment would be taken from the verified card. I did this as I was leaving quite early and reception was quite busy. 48 hours on, the hotel have still not charged my card for the amount of my stay but are still holding an amount in excess of the bill therefore blocking some of my card balance. Also, I do not have a copy of the bill.

My advice is, pay on arrival or checkout in person ensuring that excessive amounts aren't held by the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed here for the paralympics and london sightseeing. Had a great stay. Great location, turn out of euston station, turn down the first road, 5 min walk max (depending on how quick you walk). Lovely room, we had the executive king on a special offer (£249 for 2 nights, which is good for the location) and the bed was huge, I think it is two doubles put together. Lovely backlit TV on the wall and room clean and inviting. The walk to st. Pancras station for the javelin train for the olympic stadium is about 15-20 mins walk which wasnt too bad. They also had a luggage room which was good as our train wasnt until nighttime. Didnt use the restaurants and we was out in london so couldnt comment on that. Would definately stay again if the price was the same!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family