“Lovely warm welcome”

Ranked #262 of 1,088 Hotels in London
wales
“Lovely warm welcome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

We got a lovely warm welcome on arrival at the hotel at 12.30, 21 August. Our room was not ready but we were able to store our luggage free of charge. When the room was ready our case was taken to the room. The room was of a high standard and we will be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank welshwalkersWales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (674)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed here with my son for one night, I booked this hotel because I wanted to give my son an experience (he has Aspergers, doesn't leave the house much and hasn't travelled anywhere) so I arranged travel by first class train and a stay in a luxury hotel...or so I thought.
Firstly I have to say the receptionists and the concierge were really friendly and helpful so the hotel has great staff, and its location so close to Euston was very convenient yet also a very quiet area! Unfortunately the hotel could be so much better than it actually was. When we arrived our room wasn't ready, which was fine as we did arrive early, but I got the impression there was an issue with the room I had booked as for some reason the receptionist was trying to place us in another room. She asked why we had booked a family room for 2 of us and I explained I had booked it for the space it gave us.
We waited for a while and was then given our room keys, when we got to the room it wasn't ready and the cleaners were still in there so we had to go back to reception. We were then given a different room but when we got there although it was ready, it was a standard twin which cost less than the family room I had booked so I telephoned reception and they sent the concierge up with new room keys again. When we got to this room it was a family room but not as described on the website "You may not be travelling light these days, but with our Family rooms, you can still stay in comfort with one double and one single bed" Our room had the double bed but no single bed, instead my son had to sleep on a very uncomfortable sofa bed, this ruined the experience for him! Also although the rooms themselves had a nice feel to them, nice carpets and decor the standard of cleanliness let this down. There were bits of stains on the bed throws and towels, the bathrooms were grubby with old marked toilet seats and some kind of black stainng all over the bath and shower fittings....this caused a problem for my son as his aspergers cause OCD and he is very particular about cleanliness.
Overall I think this hotel has the potential to be as great as it sounds and looks on the website if they just paid attention to detail and housekeeping. The issue with the room could have easily been avided if any issue was explained honestly and an upgrade offered to compensate for the inconvenience....and importantly if the website descibes a room as having certain beds then those are the beds a customer should get. If I had known it was a sofa bed I wouldn't have booked the family room and I would have agreed to stay in the twin for a reduction on my bill but by the time we had moved to the 3rd room we had both had enough of messing about and made do. Shame because this revew could have been so much better!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank yelyah71
philpeg1969
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

We Stayed at The Thistle Euston on a Saturday in August. We drove to the Hotel and was able to park in the road outside the hotel free of charge. Parking is free from 6.30pm on a Friday till 6.00am on a Monday. We havent stayed at this hotel for a couple of years and was pleasently surprised at the standard of the hotel, It has had a major refurb at some point and looks very modern now, Rooms were great and very comfortable. All the usual room facilities, En Suite, Tea and Coffee , Iron, Safe Etc.
Great location with only a short walk to euston station. If you fancy a walk around 20 - 30 minutes to Tottenham court road. Drink prices in bar very expensive but this is usual for hotels in london. Highly recomended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

6 nights in August for £85 per night. Have stayed here on a number of occasions and always found it first class. The staff are very friendly and the maids do an excellent job. Would recommend to all types of travellers.

• Stayed August 2012
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed here in early July 2012, it's walking distance to Euston train station, rooms are small but very clean. The traditional English Breakfast was excellent...Our only complaint was there was only one lift working for our entire 10 day stay and the main stairs were also out of action, so there was a lot of waiting around for the lift on most days!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed for two nights during the Olympic Games. Our room was heavily discounted at short notice as hotels throughout London had empty rooms because the Olympic Games had deterred the usual tourists. Check-in was a little chaotic and we had to wait for some time before our room was ready. The room was moder, comfortable but very small, especially the bathroom. Breakfast was extra - good value at the special offer rate of £12 but not worth the normal price of >£21. Convenient location for Euston, St Pancras & Kings Cross stations.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

I've stayed at Thistle Euston for 3 weeks during the Olympics. The service was excellent, every request I made was granted. For example, I wanted to switch the room since my colleague was sick and it was done immediately. Another example, the week after I checked out, I needed the invoice for the payments made, I sent E-mail, and after 5 minutes, received a copy of the invoice. The location is quite central, next to Euston Station. Breakfast was good and had everything you can ask for. The rooms were new and clean, and the bed very comfortable. You can buy Wi-Fi at the reception, which operates not just in the hotel but in London (BTOpenZone).

Room Tip: Tip: ask for a quiet room, not close to the train station.