“Great central location”

Ranked #226 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Great central location”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stopped in an executive king room, which was plenty big enough with a large king bed, plenty of floor space and a double dressing table/desk unit. Balcony overlooked the V&A museum. The staff were very friendly and everywhere was spotless.
Full price might have been a bit expensive but we got a good deal through Secret Escapes.
Would definately spot ther again at the right price.
The Victoria & Albert Museum was just across the road and free to enter - well worth half a day to go round.
Next door is the Natural History Museum, this was busier with a queue to get in but worth another half day if you like your museums.
Less than 5 minutes walk you can get to Harrods, which was worth a visit during the Xmas festivities to see the lights and the window decorations.
You are also only a 10 minute taxi or bus ride from the Oxford St - Regent Rd shopping district.
You also get a very decent full English buffet breakfast.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor overlooking the V&A - good view and less road noise higher up.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear MikeP290550
Happy New Year.
Thank you for your descriptive and positive review of The Rembrandt, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and awarded us your top mark. Like you we love our central location and guests can stroll to the Science, Natural History or the Victoria and Albert Museums all of which are on our doorstep, these are always busy over school holidays and weekends but are well worth the wait. After sightseeing, guests can enjoy some fabulous London shopping at Harrods, Harvey Nichols or Sloane Street which are only minutes away. We also benefit from fantastic transportation links to the rest of the capital and guests can easily access the underground or local buses to travel further afield. I am pleased that we provided spacious, comfortable accommodation with a decent full English buffet breakfast. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.
Customer Service

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

I've lost count of the Christmases we have spent at The Rembrandt. It must be a dozen and each on e has been splendid. This year we are especially impressed by the WiFi coverage but - as always - it is the staff that make a great stay.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard B
Dear Richard B
Happy New Year.
It is always lovely to receive praise from our valued, loyal patrons. I am thrilled that once again this year your Christmas stay was so enjoyable. We constantly strive to provide good service and hospitality to our guests and WiFi access is now a must for all travellers, we ensure that our technology is always upgraded to provide good coverage. I will of course share your kind comments regarding the staff with all of the team, we are so lucky that we have a dedicated team who have numerous years of service, they immediately recognise our regular guests and this makes us feel like a “home away from home”. I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you both back for many years to come.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 22, 2013

The location is great, rooms very clean and all expected amenities provided.
The 1606 Bar is a fantastic place to relax beside the roaring fire. We had a meal here before going out. It was reasonably priced, as were the drinks, and the service exceptional.
My husband didn't sleep very well as the window vibrated periodically making a funny noise, although this didn't trouble me too much.
A very small suggestion would be for the hotel to add more than 1 pack of 2 biscuits and 1 hot chocolate in the tea tray. It wouldn't be unreasonable for 2 of each to be left should each guest require these items.
The breakfast had a good selection, although replenishing the items was rather random and the toaster dreadfully slow. I was the only one in our table of 4 who bothered with joining the toasting mob - if the hotel could provide toast with the tea and coffee it would make for a more pleasant breakfast experience.
I would recommend this hotel and would be happy to return.

Dear 0Shona0
Happy New Year.
Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt following your recent stay. I am delighted that we provided clean, comfortable accommodation in a great location with all of the amenities that you would expect from a four star hotel. Breakfast is the busiest meal of the day as it is included in all of our rates, our Food & Beverage Manager strives to provide a wide selection of items and to improve our guests experience therefore, I will ensure your detailed comments are shared with him. All of our front, facing bedrooms are triple glazed, I have never known them to vibrate and cause disruption, belatedly I can only apologise. I am pleased to note that you would recommend us and would be happy to return, I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in 2014.
Southampton
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Great location, staff extremely helpful, rooms are lovely, the only slight issue was the breakfast queing system... All a little odd, but the hotel and stay was lovely!!!! You are right in the middle between natural history museum and harrods, so location was excellent!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Juliet1971
Happy New Year.
Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt following your recent stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed our fabulous location and that we provided lovely, comfortable accommodation with professional, friendly, helpful service. We are extremely lucky to be directly opposite the Victoria and Albert Museum and close to Harrods, the Natural History and Science Museums, our borough does have a lot to offer, as well as fantastic restaurants and cafes. Breakfast is the busiest meal of the day as it is included in all of our rates, sometimes guests like to relax and savour this meal which can result in small delays, belatedly, I can only apologise that you had to queue. I do hope that you will consider returning to us on your next visit to London.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The Rembrandt was a delightful find and perfect base for shopping and sightseeing in London on a getaway. Clean rooms, close to Harrods, excellent breakfast and staff that was friendly and helpful. Look forward to a return in the near future!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sally O
Happy New Year.
Thank you for reviewing The Rembrandt following your stay last Spring. I am thrilled that you describe us as a “delightful find” and that we provided the perfect base for you to explore and shop around our amazing capital. I am pleased that we provided clean, comfortable accommodation and that the staff were friendly and helpful. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.
Hicksville New York
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I visit London annually and The Rembrandt Hotel is my base of operations. The location
can not be beat. It in South Kensington, across the street from the V&A Museum and
down the block from other museums and Harrods. There is an Underground Station 5 minute
walk away and bus stops right across the street.

The hotel itself is great. The rooms are a good size and very well maintained. The staff is
available when needed, very friendly knowledgeable and professional. The restaurant and
lounge are very nice and welcoming. I love to sit in the lounge after a long day being a
tourist and have some mulled wine by the fire, heavenly. The Housekeeping staff is friendly
and very efficient. Breakfast is usually included with the room and it is a very nice buffet.

As you can tell, since I keep coming back I'm very happy with this hotel and have never
had any issues whatsoever.

One tip: Right next door to the Hotel is a family owned Italian restaurant Orsini Cafe. It
is fabulous, Food is good and well priced. Desserts are home made and to die for.

All in all, a great hotel in a great location and neighborhood.

Room Tip: I usually get a room on the fourth floor at the back and it is very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear yankeefan49
Happy New Year.
I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your recent annual stay at The Rembrandt and thank you for once again, posting a favourable review. The best recommendation any hotel can have is to be positively reviewed by a loyal patron and I am pleased that once again we have provided clean, comfortable accommodation in a great location, with friendly, helpful service. I am thrilled that we are now your “base of operations” I will ensure that your kind comments regarding the staff are circulated to the whole team. I do hope that you will continue to return year after year and that all of your future visits will be enjoyable. We are already looking forward to welcoming you back later in 2014.
Nantwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Nice enough hotel, excellent location. Just a couple of annoyances, one of which would certainly deter us from staying again...... Check in was swift and polite, room Ok size (for London) - mini bar stocked with, amongst other things, wine and champagne but no glasses to drink from except bathroom tumblers. Bed was a great size and very comfortable, very much appreciated by my nuisance of a bad back.(hence my rating for sleep quality and not quantity!) Ordered breakfast in the room on our departure day, but it never appeared - mentioned it to the receptionist upon check out and he just said he didn't know why we didn't get it?!? Oh well! Nipped out for a smoke one evening after the main doors shut to the public and couldn't get back in with my key card. The evening porter/receptionist was very curt with me and mimed through the glass doors with annoyance how to use my card in the door. I tried again and still it did not allow me entry. He bruskly came to the door and spoke to me like a 4 year old! It was only when he took the card behind the desk he discovered it was not working. A 'sorry' would have been courteous. On the up side, the evening security staff were excellent (there was a large party on with lots of happy and mischievous young people). All in all the Hotel was Good, but the reason we would not stay again is purely to being woken up every morning by slamming doors. It would appear that every door slams (even our ensuite door slammed loudly, I am very considerate and put a jumper in the door to stop it from doing so!) As soon as breakfast time arrived it was 'bang!, bang!, bang! No chance of a lie in at all. It began all over again once the cleaner come onto the corridor. We both like a rare lie in when we go away, but we came home like two zombies. I would only reconsider this hotel if they attended to the slamming door issue. If you are an early riser then this will not be a problem for you, but sadly for us it was.

2 Thank Jan C
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Jan C

Thank you for your detailed and informative review of The Rembrandt. I am delighted that you enjoyed our fabulous location as well as the local area. We are lucky as we have a fantastic mixture of museums, world famous shopping and an abundance of restaurants and cafes. I am pleased that we provided clean, spacious accommodation with a very comfortable bed. I am sorry for the shortfalls in our service standards, belatedly I can only apologise that your room service breakfast did not arrive, this is most unusual. Occasionally our guest keys can lose their coded information and I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by this and that the team were not apologetic in their actions. Overall, you rate us as good in an excellent location, I am sorry that you feel you could not return as you did not enjoy a lie in. I will certainly share your comments about the slamming doors with our Maintenance team. On behalf of everyone at the hotel I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.