“Very nice hotel”
Review of The Rembrandt

The Rembrandt
Ranked #230 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights. The hotel is situated in a quiet area, close to South Kensington underground station, just opposite to Victoria & Albert Museum and 10 min walk from Harrods. Nice beds in a smallish room. Some sounds from the other rooms. Breakfast was standard. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Jesper R
Thank you for your descriptive review of The Rembrandt and for awarding us the top score of five stars. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our fabulous location, opposite the Victoria & Albert and close the Natural History and Science Museum. Situated in between South Kensington and Knightsbridge underground stations, our guests can also stroll to Harrods, Harvey Nichols and Hyde Park. I am pleased that the team were friendly and helpful. I do hope that you will consider returning to us on your next visit to London.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Excellent service. Excellent location. Will stay here again, and will recommend this hotel to everyone.
The staff was so helpful in guiding us to good restaurants, the tube, and attractions.
Breakfast buffet was very good - yummy croissants, excellent variety.
Rooms were very comfortable, and we also appreciated the free WiFi.

Room Tip: Very quiet hotel in spite of its central location.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear princetondartmouth

Thank you for taking the time to review the Rembrandt and for awarding us five stars. I am thrilled that you describe us as the perfect place to stay and that we provided excellent service. I am pleased that your accommodation was quiet, clean, comfortable and that you appreciated the complimentary Wifi in our bedrooms and public areas. Breakfast is the busiest meal of the day and I am delighted that you enjoyed the wide selection of items, especially the yummy croissants! To be personally recommended is high praise and I am thrilled that you would not hesitate to share your positive experience with everyone. I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

When in London, my favourite hotel is the Rembrandt in Knightsbridge. I've stayed here a number of times since first discovering it in 2001, several times with my mother, on my own when homesick and fed up with Oslo, and the last three times with my partner, latest now this weekend. When I first came here the hotel had a different look, more floral Laura Ashley country house style etc., then a few years ago there was a refurbishment and the decor now is plainer, more "businesslike" and sober. I preferred the former, but still return time after time. The Rembrandt's location is unsurpassed. Right across the street is the Victoria & Albert museum, three minutes down the road is Harrods and Harvey Nichols; cafés, restaurants and attractions abound in all directions. The building first served as staff accommodation for Harrods at the end of the 19th century and in spite of being located right by the super-busy and noisy Brompton Road, the hotel is surprisingly undisturbed and we slept very soundly in our room. I booked on booking.com but other times I've booked on the hotel's own website, and then also entry to the Aquilla Health and Spa Club, located right next to The Rembrandt. We didn't have time this visit, but last time we were here we made the most of the swimming pool, the sauna and steam rooms, great! Our room was very comfortable and the wifi worked perfectly everywhere we tried in the hotel on our iPads and iPhone, also in the lounge and breakfast area. The staff at The Rembrandt are friendly and very helpful, especially the young lady in the reception when I had trouble printing my boarding pass for the flight back to Oslo. Breakfast is a large buffet where you can make your own toast, enjoy every kind of pastries and croissants, a large selection of jams and spreads, eggs, bacon, baked beans (!) roast tomatoes, all kinds of cereals, fresh fruits, cheeses and yoghurts. Something for all appetites! I've also sent friends/work colleagues from Oslo to The Rembrandt, all of whom returned home more than pleased with their stay. We'll be back as soon as we can!

1  Thank Patricia K
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear Patricia K
Thank you for your amazing review of The Rembrandt and for awarding us your top score of five stars. I am delighted that we are still your favourite hotel in London. Our refurbishment programme has proved to be popular with our regular guests as we have updated our appearance whilst being sympathetic to the architecture. You have described our location and local area to perfection. We are extremely lucky to be opposite the Victoria & Albert Museum and a short stroll from the Natural History and Science Museums, The Royal Albert Hall and Hyde Park. Our guests can also enjoy, world famous shopping at Harrods, Harvey Nichols and on Sloane Street. I am pleased that we provided comfortable, quiet accommodation with the added benefit of an extensive buffet breakfast, that was included in your rate. This is the most important meal of the day and we strive to cater to all of our guests tastes and offer both Continental and hot full English breakfast items. Thank you for recommending us to your friends and colleagues this is most appreciated. As a regular guest, I do hope that you are a member of our loyalty programme, Sarova Select, this will entitle you to discounts and offers, every time you stay. If you are not a member please let me know and I can easily arrange this for you. I do hope you will be back soon, Christmas in London is always magical and our decorations are going up next week! Until then on behalf of everyone at the hotel I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We arrived late Sunday evening at The Rembrandt in Knightsbridge, London, UK.

We were immediately assisted with our luggage from the taxi and were promptly and courteously checked into our rooms which were spacious and immaculate. Thoughtfully provided were current copies of TIME OUT LONDON and WHERE LONDON magazines.

We had been in communication with the hotel while we were still in New York and looked forward to meeting the very helpful staff.

We met Iwona, the Front Office manager, who was responsive and helpful with our reservations while we were still in New York. She was as pleasant in person as on the phone as was the entire staff.

Much to our regret, circumstances caused us to leave one day early and, although we had confirmed and paid for three nights, Iwona was kind enough to adjust our bills which she didn't have to do.

From everything we experienced about the Rembrandt in our too-short stay, I'm certain we will be returning to this ideally located wonderfully efficiently staffed hotel.

A special "Thank You" to Sara B. and Ana M. for all their assistance.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear SpencertheSpy
Thank you for your positive, descriptive review of The Rembrandt and for awarding us your top score of five stars. I am delighted that all aspects of your stay met or exceeded your expectations. Prior to arriving at the hotel I am pleased that the Reservations team and our Front Office Manager were excellent communicators, and that we were able to be flexible and offer a refund after your regrettably had to leave early. I am pleased that you were happy with your spacious, comfortable accommodation and that the London magazines, were an added, helpful bonus. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that you will now make us your preferred London property. Next time you will have to stay longer so that you can relax and fully enjoy everything that the hotel and our local area has to offer. I will of course ensure your kind feedback is shared with the whole team. Until next time....

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I just finished our 4 night stay in London at the Rembrandt. It was both of our first trips to London and we did a lot of research before booking our hotel. The 4 main reasons we decided on The Rembrandt were...
1) Breakfast included in price (most hotels charge extra daily)
2) Free WiFi in the rooms so we can stay in touch while away
3) We were attending a Chelsea match at Stamford Bridge and wanted to be within walking distance
4) Very close to tube station with access to anywhere you need to get

All of these features that made us choose this hotel were just as we imagined.
The breakfast is just ok. Same every day, but not very good. We stuck with fruit, cereal or sandwich meat. (Just couldn't get into the idea of baked beans for breakfast)
The WiFi was good, not great. Every time you stop using it for more than a few minutes or your phone goes off, you have to re login every time. And it was fairly slow and did not allow us to send iMessage. But did what we needed most of the time.
We walked to and from the stadium for the game. About a 15-20 minute walk right down Fulham St. Easy and fun.
I can't say enough about the convenience of this hotel! 3 minute walk to South Kensington tube station which serves the 3 main lines. Direct shot to Heathrow is a huge plus. We put $30 on Oyster when we arrived and only had $5 to spare when we returned it. So, used the tube quite a bit. So easy and convenient! Also, right where the tube station is, there are quite a few shops and restaurants. We went to a few of those for a pint or dinner. Loved the location!
Check-in and check-out was a breeze. Very nice and very helpful at the front desk. They also let us store our luggage there for a few hours after check out cause we had a later flight and wanted to walk around.
We went to the lounge area a few times while we were there. The drink menu is pretty extensive and the bar menu is great. All reasonably priced as well.
Our room was on the 1st floor with a balcony that overlooked a side street. Very quiet, no problems sleeping. Room was pretty small but we had expected that.
The museums are all right across the street, we walked to Hyde Park and saw Royal Albert Hall. Walked to Westminster to see Big Ben and go on the Eye. (Kind of far but a great stroll through St James' Park)
Again, location is great!
Overall a great stay, and will definitely stay here again if I return. No questions.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear msmith515
Thank you for your detailed review of The Rembrandt and after doing so much research I am delighted that we did not disappoint and that we delivered on your main requirements. Like you, we love our location, we are so lucky that we are a few minutes walk to either South Kensington or Knightsbridge underground stations and that these connect to three major underground lines; the Circle, District and Piccadilly. This means that our guests have a direct route to and from Heathrow plus the West End. Pre paid Oyster Cards are definitely the best option for guests to use public transport as the fare is deducted for each journey on both the underground and bus routes. As you have stated a lot of major tourist sites are on our doorstep or within easy walking distance; Victoria & Albert Museum, Natural History and Science Museum, as well as Hyde Park, Harrods, The Royal Albert Hall, not to mention Stamford Bridge Stadium for the football. Clearly you also did a lot of walking during your stay as you ventured through St James’s Park and onto Westminster and Big Ben!. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and that you would return, we are already looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Very nice hotel but a few tweaks would raise my rating a notch or two. The location is ideal and the hotel itself is inviting and comfortable. We paid extra to use the spa, only to find noisy children having swimming lessons. We learned that the hours for adults are from 6 to 9 p.m. -- not an ideal arrangement. Aside from the bellman, the staff seemed to be well trained and eager to help. After 15 minutes I gave up waiting for help with my bags and hauled them down myself. The breakfast was just o.k. Juice was offered, but it appeared to be from a can or bottle. Eggs were offered, but I strongly suspect the scrambled were powdered. Our room was very comfortable and clean. All in all, there's nothing to complain about, but when I pay such high prices I raise my expectations.

Dear Mike O
Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt and for awarding us four stars as well as an A B plus. I am pleased that we provided clean, comfortable accommodation in an ideal location. Hotel guests are charged a small daily fee to use Aquilla Health & Fitness this includes use of the gym, weights area, sauna, steam, Jacuzzi and swimming pool. I am sorry that swimming lessons were happening when you were using the Club it is open from 7.00am – 10.00pm Monday – Friday. Breakfast is the busiest meal of the day and is served as a buffet we pride ourselves on offering a wide variety of items to provide Continental and full English breakfast. We always strive to make improvements and I will certainly share your comments with all of the team. Whilst you had no complaints, it would be lovely if you could return and on your next visit award us five stars and an A*.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Attentive staff.
Great Restaurant and Lounge in the Hotel
The Rooms Seemed a little tired this visit, but it still is very good.
Quiet, restful rooms, large by European standards.
Excellent location by the Albert & Victoria museum.
South Kensington Tube station not 5 minutes away.
Great base of operations for a holiday.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear NachoDavis
Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt. As a loyal patron it is lovely that you still describe us as a “Top Notch Hotel”. I am delighted that we provided clean, quite spacious accommodation in a great location. I am thrilled that our staff were attentive and that you enjoyed Palette Restaurant and 1606 Lounge Bar. We love our location directly opposite the Victoria & Albert Museum and I am pleased that we provided a great base for your London holiday. I trust that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next European vacation and I hope that we will be able to secure another positive review. Please come back soon.