“Great Hotel...terrific location.”

Ranked #226 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Palm Springs
“Great Hotel...terrific location.”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

So, back in the day when I traveled on the company's dollar I stayed at both the Hyde Park hotel-now the Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park and the Lanesborough. Both are super deluxe hotels and within spitting distance so I give this hotel an A+ for location. For the price it also ranks right up there for comfort, cleanliness and roominess. My experience with European hotel rooms is that they are often very small-even very expensive ones-so the size of this room was a more than suitable especially considering the price. Breakfast included was a terrific perk...saving us bocu bucks...and the selections were numerous and varied. The dining room staff was very quick and accommodating and the maids pleasant. I agree with Vivi-from-Oslo about the reception staff...long on attitude...with that said I have often found this to be the case at commercial big city hotels. Our stay was 7 nights, we enjoyed just about every minute and we will definitely stay here on our next visit to jolly old England.

2 Thank HollywoodBird
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear HollywoodBird,

Thank you for your fantastic review of The Rembrandt and for comparing us to two luxury five star properties.

I am pleased that we provided a large bedroom that was clean and comfortable and that our Room Attendants were pleasant.

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day so I am delighted that you enjoyed our buffet and found a wide selection served by our attentive team in Palette Restaurant.

Like you, we love our location, nestled in between South Kensington and Knightsbridge with fabulous museums and amazing shopping on our doorstep.

We are already looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to jolly old England!

Customer Service

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The Rembrandt hotel was chosen due to its location, near to the Royal Albert Hall. The hotel itself was satisfactory overall - the service and facilities were good. We had read reviews and been on the website, however were very surprised the rooms were so small, far smaller than the website depicts and smaller than any other hotel we have stayed in. Overall , we were satisfied with our stay, however, I would stay elsewhere next time as I feel this hotel is over rated due to particularly small room sizes.

1 Thank Claire T
Dear Claire T,

Thank you for taking time to post a review following your stay.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our location which is within walking distance of the Royal Albert Hall.

All of our rooms vary in size and shape, and I can only apologise that you found your bedroom small. In order to avoid disappointment we do offer a description and photographs on our website, which we believe is a true reflection of our different room categories.

I have noted that you were satisfied with your stay and feel that we offered good service and facilities in a great location.

If you would reconsider your decision and return to us on your next trip to London, please contact me and I will personally oversee your bedroom allocation to ensure that you are allocated a larger room.

Gretna, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and chose it due to it's location to the Royal Albert Hall and other areas of London.

When we arrived, the greeting at reception was a bit disappointing as the gentleman who was assisting us with our booking did not smile and mumbled quite a lot. Not a great representation to what is a lovely hotel.

We had booked a superior double which looked out on to some private housing. This was lovely and quiet at night. The room was very clean and well presented and had windows that actually opened! There was one day that our room wasn't serviced at all when we returned in the afternoon to get ready for the evening and I phoned housekeeping who were very appologetic and efficient at making sure there was someone right away.

We had a meal in the restaurant on the first night which was absolutely lovely and definitely value for money I feel for the size of portions and quality. We also had a meal from the bar menu which was equally as brilliant, if not better, and a few cocktails. It's worth trying the Rembrandt 1606 long cocktail! Breakfast was always busy but this wasn't a bad thing as there was always plenty of food going and service was great.

The only real negative, apart from reception, was the light switches and lift buttons. We kept getting electric shocks from them?! Not sure why.

All in all, a very lovely stay and I think next time we're down we'll definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the private housing - much quieter!
Dear Rachy3001,

Thank you for your lovely review of The Rembrandt.

After choosing the hotel for its location, I am glad that we did not disappoint and that you found us close to the Royal Albert Hall and conveniently located for travelling around the capital.

I am delighted that your accommodation was clean, well equipped and quiet.
Thank you for all of the praise and kind comments appertaining to our Food & Beverage department and team. From breakfast, dinner, Lounge Service through to cocktails I am pleased that you were able to sample a wide variety of meals and that all of them offered lovely food, and good value for money.

Despite a couple of unfortunate events I am thrilled that you would consider returning and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards
Norway
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed at The Rembrandt for 3 nights in May and had a nice time at this 4 star hotel.

I have been to London very often, but never stayed in this area before. I loved the fact that it was just a short walking distance to Harrods and Harvey Nichols, that the South Kensington tube was near by and Victoria & Albert Museum just opposite the hotel.

My superior room was spacious, clean and with modern decor. The beds were extremely comfortable and the room was quiet. I slept like a baby!

The breakfast buffet had a wide variety of options, however it was a bit crowded and busy.

Only downside was the reception. The staff behind the counter seemed to work in an extremely unefficient way. Had to wait for 10-15 minutes to be attended both at check-in and check-out and when I had a simple question regarding direction.

I would recommend to stay at the Rembrandt - as long as you're not the impatient type :-)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Vivi-from-Oslo,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to note that you loved our location, which allowed you to shop in Harrods and Harvey Nichols, whilst enjoying the museums and our great transportation links. Knightsbridge and South Kensington are fantastic boroughs with a lot to offer.

I am pleased to note that you found our rooms extremely comfortable, clean, specious and quiet.
I am sorry that your experience of our Front Office personnel was so poor, this is indeed most unusual, as they are normally complimented for being professional, efficient and helpful.

I do hope you would consider returning to us and enjoying our excellent location.

Frederikssund
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Normally I don't travel in luxury, but this time i had invited my mum for a nice trip to London and the Chelsea flower show. But I found the room rather Classic, not superior, small and a bit cramped not most closet space for 4 nights. The vue was to the backyard, but then off course more peaceful.
The breakfast was nice, the bed was good and the location was just fine, easy to Harrods, VA museum and the underground.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Stauer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

As we are not a purpose built hotel all of our rooms vary in size and shape. Our website "sarova.com" offers a description of each room category and also provides photographs. Superior rooms are not the largest; however, they should be comfortable for two guests.

Chelsea Flower Show is extremely popular and demand for accommodation is high. I am pleased that we offered you comfortable, quiet accommodation with a nice buffet breakfast in a convenient location.

York, Maine
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I just spent four nights at the Rembrandt Hotel in Knightsbridge. It proved to be a very good choice for me. I was traveling with my 10-year-old granddaughter, and the Rembrandt was great for both of us. Not too fancy, not too stuffy, not too expensive, but most comfortable in every way.

The breakfast was pleasant, the service staff excellent, but the food could have been better. The selection of foods was ample, the pastries yummy, but the fresh fruit was simply awful.

In the room we found the bath generous by European city standards, and we loved the English-style towel racks. The towels were luxurious by any standard. The bed was covered by a duvet... or nothing! Really tough when one of us likes the room temp fairly warm and in that case the other would like to sleep with just a sheet.

One big problem was the wi-fi. Extremely unreliable.

Nevertheless we found the Rembrandt to be a great place to stay. Why can we overlook all theses problems you wonder. One word: Location!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tootsie64,

Thank you for your mainly positive review of The Rembrandt, following your four night break.

I am delighted that you found us comfortable in every way and that we suited the needs of you and your granddaughter.

I am pleased that you feel we offered good value for money, that we were comfortable in a convenient location without being too fancy or stuffy.

All of our bedrooms have duvet, however, we can always supply sheets and blankets upon request.

Despite a few shortfalls in our standards I am thrilled to note that you consider us a great place to stay and that you would return.

Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed at the Rembrandt May 1 - 3, 2013. This hotel was part of a package deal (with airfare). So glad we picked it! The Rembrandt is location a couple minutes walk from the South Kensington tube station and across the street from the Victoria & Albert Museum. We arrived early and checked in though our room was not ready. We were offered showers, but did not need them. Left our luggage and went out to the Tower of London. Our room was clean, though quite warm. We asked about turning off the heat and someone came up to fix it. No one could figure it out so we opened the window. We had a twin room on the first floor, back in the corner next to the fire exit. Our view was of a small garden and quiet street. The breakfast was good, with a variety of hot foods, fruit, and pastries. All the staff we encountered were friendly. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side if you want a quieter room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jennifer P
Dear Jennifer P,

Thank you for your positive, descriptive review of The Rembrandt.

I am pleased to note that you feel we offered good value for money and that your bedroom was clean and quiet.
Our location is fantastic for travelling around London and of course there is always so much just on the doorstep; The Victoria & Albert Museum, The Natural History and Science Museum, as well as fantastic shopping in Harrods and Harvey Nichols.

I am delighted to note that you would consider returning to us and we look forward to welcoming you back.