The Rembrandt
$207
$312
$285
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$161
$155
  • Restaurant
Park International Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$319
$326
$294
Orbitz.com
2,952 results
All reviewsvictoria and albert museumsouth kensington tube stationgrand roomwhirlpool bathbritish airwaysthe natural history museumhealth clubexcellent locationshort walkfull english breakfastexecutive roombreakfast was includedpiccadilly linelovely hotelbuffet stylemini barearly check
Reviewed March 18, 2013

As we like long weekends in London this hotel provides a good location near tube stations and the centre.

We went to a carol concert at the Royal Albert hall just before Christmas, third year running, and the hotel is within walking distance.

Harrods is just up the road and is a comfortable walk from the hotel.

It is a good four star hotel with excellent service for this level of hotel.

We have always found the price very reasonable for London if you book early enough.

The breakfast is superb and varied.

We like the atmosphere and the decor is inviting.

I like to drive to London and always warn that I wish them to park my car when we have unloaded the luggage.

In the main this has not been an issue.

We will certainly return this year.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room and an upgrade
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed at the Rembrandt for one night as it was so convenient for The Albert Hall. The hotel was very clean and of smart appearance. The Staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. The room was of an adequate size and tastefully furnished. However the bed was very soft and the TV was slow to work. The bathroom only had a shower which was a bit disappointing as I would have liked a bath. The breakfast was reasonable but no porridge was on offer. The hotel were able to offer gluten free bread as I had requested, however it was inedible! For one night it was fine as the location was brilliant and there was hardly any traffic noise. Not a bad experience overall.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We did not stay in the hotel and after our restaurant experience may feel reluctant to do so. Upon arriving in London we decided to have coffee in the lounge at the Rembrandt hotel. The service was excellent, the lounge comfortable and well appointed so we decided we would return for lunch - BIG MISTAKE!!!! Although, again service excellent, lunch delicious and beautifully presented (congratulations to the Chef), the lunch was spoiled by some of the most unruly, noisy children that I have encountered. I have young nephews and nieces and although their parents are professional people they would not allow such behaviour in their workplace.

I can only assume that the children had some connection to the hotel owners as I cannot imagine that their behaviour would be tolerated under any other circumstances. They ran, continually screaming, around the tables, the dining and lounge area, with little or no intervention from the parents. On times we could barely hear each other speak. This behaviour continued for the whole lunch period and ruined, what would otherwise have been an enjoyable lunch.

The hotel owners should be made aware of this, as we were not the only people who were commenting on their behavior.

2  Thank Carole W
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We were thrilled with the Rembrandt. From North American standards, the rooms will seem small, but it is lovely. The staff were pleasant and helpful, the room was clean and nice. The breakfast is fantastic too. We absolutely love the location - right across from V&A, quick walk to Hyde park, short bus to Oxford Street and Central London. Many terrific restaurants all around the hotel. If we return we'd try to stay there again. We had a "free hotel" deal from British Airways. Had we had to pay full price, not sure we could have afforded the Rembrandt.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband booked our first ever trip to London together as a surprise for my 30th! We stayed in Feb this year. We were very excited especially as the website for the rembrandt looked very nice!

The location for the hotel is spot on! Everything you want n need on your doorstep!

Unfortunately we weren't too impressed with the hotel itself! Whilst it is clean n well presented in the reception area n bar area our room was nice but basic! We booked to stay in a double executive room. The bed was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in. The pillows were far too high n hard for the bed n on the second night I had to sleep with no pillow at all because I had suffered a really bad back from the night before. The bed also seemed very small - both my husband n I feet were hanging over the bottom n we are both 5 foot 6! To say that this was our weekend away from our two babies I think I got more sleep at home than I did here!

Upon our return home I emailed the general manager of the hotel to make him aware of our dissatisfied stay n that I had suffered a bad back due to their beds n I have not received any response whatsoever - a simple acknowledgement would have sufficed!

• Stayed: February 2013