My wife and I decided to spend a week in London during the Nova Scotia March Break. Instead of staying in one hotel for 6 nights I decided to try three different hotels, for 2 nights each. Each successive hotel was also going to be a step up the quality and luxury. The first hotel was the Rembrandt.
Taking the Underground from Heathrow on the Piccadilly Line to South Kensington takes about 45 minutes (Sunday) In the train station there is a underground passage way (a subway) all the way to the Science Museum and also brings you closer to the Albert Hall. My curiosity did add a few minutes to our arrival at the hotel. Finding the hotel is very easy. Just look for the Kazakstan Embassy (Borat fans)
Location: South Kensington across the street from the V&A.
Plusses: Two minute walk from tube station. Food and restaurants nearby, even post theatre options like crepes. Our room faced the quiet gardens of the neighbouring houses. Includes wired and wireless internet in the room. Nice TV. Fabulous Buffet Breakfast (included) with table service for coffee or tea. Two elevators. Our room was ready when we arrived. We were appreciated as guests. Dining staff were friendly and fabulous. Dining room bright and clean with windows facing the garden.
I left my laptop out and plugged in. It wasn’t touched.
Minuses: Room key needed to activate the elevator, which is actually a security plus, although someone could simply board with another rider. The room key might also be needed to activate the room electrics, but there was already a key in the wall unit so we left it there.
Considerations or advice. A great place, although more than our typical budget would allow. Do be careful getting out of the tub/shower. North Americans may not be expecting the additional height of tub. The extra few inches could cause you to lose your balance and fall.
Costs: per night for two people: $263.39 Cdn.
Would I go back? I would stay there for my entire stay in London if I could afford it. Location, transportation links, service and convenience are tops.
From The Rembrandt we moved to Westminster and St. Ermin's Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rembrandt Hotel is located in Knightsbridge, tastefully combines elegant Edwardian architecture with contemporary design and is ideally located with exclusive access to designer shops and many of London's famous museums. Guests can relax with a drink or light meal in the 1606 Lounge Bar or enjoy a delicious Carvery in Palette Restaurant. Guests of The Rembrandt also have access to the adjacent Aquilla Health and Fitness Centre at a reduced rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your The Rembrandt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rembrandt Hotel London
- Rembrandt Hotel London
- The Rembrandt London, England