The Rembrandt
Ranked #227 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel is a real gem. Especially if you can find a good rate. I booked a two night stay for my wife and I, for an anniversary. We booked through British Airways and got a good deal.

Luckily we were given a upgraded room, to a king room. This was a really nice size and was at the back of the hotel, so it was very quiet. I think this might have been one of the renovated rooms and had everything we needed for our stay.

The location is pretty much faultless. Right across the road from the Victoria and Albert museum (which is a must see and free entry, charging only for special exhibitions). It's also very close to South Kensington tube which takes you directly to central London and off to Heathrow. Also a short walk to Harrods and other great shopping in Kensington and the Kings road.

Breakfast was included in the price, which really added to the good value we were getting. Breakfast was excellent too, as it included hot or cold items and a great selection.

All in all a really good experience, one of the best I have had in my many visits to London. I will always look for this hotel first on future trips.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room at the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,790)

Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was nice, but your only paying for the location (Knightsbridge) as it wasn't great. Rooms were small, our jacuzzi bath didn't work and we had a view of a brick wall outside our window!
Wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank ann_kimber
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We have been lucky enough to stay here on numerous occasions. Located opposite the V&A, within walking distance of the Piccadilly line, so you can get a direct tube from Heathrow airport to South Kensington station.
Out of the hotel turn left and just down the road is a Waitrose. Out of the hotel turn right after a little stroll is the world famous Harrods.
With helpful and friendly staff, spacious 'Grand rooms' and a lovely breakfast, I would and have recommend this hotel as a base for a trip to London.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We spent a night here on a theatre trip to London. The location makes this hotel a strong contender if you're looking for somewhere central, well served by tubes and buses, in an attractive part of town. Our room was very clean and comfortable and commensurate with its four star rating, but given what it cost I'd have been upset with anything less! If you're visiting on expenses the cost is probably not a great consideration but as a private visitor I would say that, value for money-wise, the Rembrandt was average for a 4* hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I keep returning to The Rembrandt Hotel because the other equallly priced hotels in the area have been disappointing with their lower standard.The rooms at the Rembrandt are comfortable and clean, nothing fancy nothing shabby, with traditional decor and reasonably sizes bathrooms. Of importance to me is the clean carpet, curtains that darken the room and low-noise level from both the busy road and the corridor.
Considering the location, close to Knightsbridge (shopping and restaurants), the V&A museum, the Natural History Museum and South Kensington tube stop etc, I believe you get excellent value for money at this hotel.
The breakfast buffet is acceptable, not fantastic but I didn't expect more. With a variety of choises there is no reason to walk away hungry.
The service is friendly and accomodating, no complaints. I am always happy to return to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tova G
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked this hotel in a package with British Air.My usual West End hotels having had their prices launched into the stratosphere .Unfortunately due to Hurricane Sandy I was forced to stay 3 days longer than I had booked..My 1st room booked as part of the package was excellent, somewhat larger than the usual rooms at a hotel of this class.As the week went on both my room and the prices kept going up while the square footage went lower.I ended up in a closet sized room in the garret for 50% more than my 1st room.I can't really hold it against them, so many people forced to stay over,I am sure they filled the place. Except for the restaurant manager the staff was considerate and helpful.The location , across from The Victoria and Albert Museum,around the corner from the south Kensington tube,and just a few block from Harrods, couldn't have been better.

Room Tip: Take the back, it's quieter
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a week in July with my daughter. This hotel must be rated / expensive because of its location. Although I was expecting the room to be small I was not expecting it to be 4 star with no AC and just generally shabby. We had a fairly hectic agenda so were not in the hotel for most of the day but after sweating in bed for 3 nights I had to complain on the front desk. They told me in a rather snooty tone that I was not the only one in a room that hadn't been renovated ( comforting to know??) and that there was a table fan. The Night shift manager was more accommodating and said that I could change my room to a renovated room that did have AC. We did move room and that was a 100% better. My sisters were also booking into the hotel so I pre-warned them to ask for a renovated room, which they consequently insisted on at check in. Their room was even better than mine and with what appeared to be a jacuzzi bath. ( However they later discovered this did not work). Breakfast was very average, they appeared to run out of fresh fruit quickly and everything else was mediocre. A lot of the staff did not speak proper English and were hard to understand. The location of this hotel is great, tube very close and lots of nice restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family