My wife and I recently stayed for 9 nights at this lovely hotel in the beautiful Knightsbridge/South Kensington area. We decided on this hotel for two reasons, value and location. First value. We got an extended stay rate for the 9 nights that including the 20% VAT and full English buffet breakfast for an average of only $325.00 per night. That is a stone cold bargain for this trendy area of London that has a very neighborhood feel even though it is very close to Harrod's, museums and parks. It is also only a short walk from the South Kensington tube stop on the line that goes to Heathrow airport, allowing you to save a bundle on transportation costs. The hotel's reception area is not spectacularly gorgeous, and neither is the restaurant/breakfast buffet room. But they are clean, well run and functional. The staff was unfailingly friendly, efficient and a pleasure to deal with on a daily basis. The breakfast was more than complete with every type of fruit, cereal, pastry, etc. you could want, also including scrambled and fried eggs, bangers, ham, fried potatoes and, of course, British baked beans. I calculated that eating this type of breakfast, which could easily enable you to skip lunch, could easily save a couple $75.00 per day in breakfast and lunch costs. Great value on top of the reasonable room rate. With regard to the room, we got an executive king. The room was fairly small, but did have a king bed, two sitting chairs and a small side desk. There was ample closet and drawer space, an ironing board and iron, coffee maker, mini-bar and in room safe. The room and furnishings seemed fairly new and very well maintained. Our room, 332, had no view at all except for an inside courtyard with electrical equipment below. BUT, it was completely quiet and had a very efficient air conditioner which is important if you like a cold room, like we do. The bathroom, while only the size of a walk-in closet, is sparking clean and has a good size jacuzzi bathtub. In short, don't be put off by the size of the room and bathroom. The room was obviously recently renovated and the bed was extremely comfortable. Finally, the area around the hotel is lovely. There are a ton of good restaurants close by, including a red sauce Italian, Orsini, which is right next door, a northern Italian restaurant, Sette, on nearby Sydney Street, Thai Square, Le Brasserie, Bibendum and many other ice cream, pastry and sandwich shops. The South Kensington tube stop is a 5 minute walk, and the Knightsbridge stop a 10 minute walk right next to Harrod's. In short, if you want good value for your money in a beautiful neighborhood, do consider this hotel. You will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rembrandt Hotel is located in Knightsbridge, tastefully combines elegant Edwardian architecture with contemporary design and is ideally located with exclusive access to designer shops and many of London's famous museums. Guests can relax with a drink or light meal in the 1606 Lounge Bar or enjoy a delicious Carvery in Palette Restaurant. Guests of The Rembrandt also have access to the adjacent Aquilla Health and Fitness Centre at a reduced rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, TravelUp, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Rembrandt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rembrandt Hotel London
- Rembrandt Hotel London
- The Rembrandt London, England