Having tried several 3 and 4 star hotels in central London for my business trips I have now found a 2 star that I will be returning to time and time again. The rooms may be old fashioned, (especially the bathrooms), but the room rates are extremely attractive, especially considering many have views of Hyde Park, and if you prize clean and charming over high class, modern and expensive then try this hotel. The staff are also very friendly and helpful. The clientele seemed to be a real mix, lots of tourists, families as well as business travellers. Even a couple of rock bands on tour! The only thing I can say against it is that it would be nice to have internet access in the bedrooms, but there is WIFI in the downstairs public areas and they don't charge for it so I happily completed my work in the bar. Lancaster Gate tube station is just a 3 minute walk, and Paddington took me about 6 minutes. One of the ladies on Reception also advised they were on a bus route that runs between Oxford Street one way and Westfield SHopping Centre the other.. the perfect location for my next London shopping trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel overlooks Hyde Park & Kensington Gardens; minutes from Queensway restaurants & shops; easy access to public transportation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick and Despegar.com so you can book your The Columbia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Columbia Hotel London
- Columbia Hotel London
- Columbia London
- The Columbia London, England