Booked this hotel at a very reasonable price, for being London that is, online with Marriott.
The hotel is located in Kensington close to a lot of nice attractions and shopping with museums and hyde park close by.
If you have been to London before and want cozy surroundings and good shopping as well, take the tube to Turnham Green and walk down to Chiswick High Road which has a lot of shops and restaurants.
If you arrive via Heathrow I would recommend using the the Piccadilly tube line. It will take you in to either Earls Court or Gloucester tube stations in aprox 35 minutes which is some 5 minutes away from the hotel. The best thing is the price though, 1,5 Pound Steerling or some 2,5 US Dollar. Thats a far way from the Heathrow Express at 30 Pounds or 49 US Dollar plus taxi.
Now to the hotel it self.
- Nice rooms
- Good breakfast
- Some of the staff was very helpful
Not so good:
- Internet in the room at horrible cost
- Thin walls meaning lot of sound getting through
- Despite me getting the flew the day before we where going home we only got late check out until 1300 hours complimentary. After that they wanted 25 Pounds per hour.
- Some of the staff was not so helpful or nice
Being a Marriott you know what you get. But some details like internet charges and not being very accommodating when I was sick probably means that we will take our business elsewhere next time we visit London.