“Extremely average hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Extremely average hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 weeks on a business trip.. Some thoughts -

Pros
1) Location - Located in Kensington and just a few mins walk away from a tube stop so was extremely easy to get around the city. Also there are numerous restaurants walking distance from the hotel..

2) Clean - the rooms and bathrooms are extremely clean

Cons
1) Old - hotel is extremely old and in a desperate need of a renovation

2) Bed - with the hotel being super old, the beds are extremely worn out. I had taken a weekend trip so stayed in two different rooms, but the bed was extremely old and uncomfortable in both rooms

3) Room service - although was quick the menu is pretty basic and food isn't that great..

Overall just a very average stay.. The crowne plaza across the street seemed a lot nicer than than the Marriott

Stayed February 2012
4 Thank worldtraveller8311

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

We were a group of 52, age 8 to 40ish, coming down to the 'move it' dance exhibition at olymipia, we stayed over night at the marriot in Kensington.
when we arrived the staff in reception looked after us really well.
The hotel was well maintained very clean and had excellent decoration, the rooms again were of a very high standard, and the beauty of a such a large party we were able to check out the other rooms, which were all of the same standard. The beds were very comfortable with good quaility bedding, and all rooms were nice and big.
At breakfast nothing was to much trouble and most of the younger children had pancakes made especially for them which made them feel really special, the staff in dinning room were very polite, friendly and helpful.
As our train didn't leave the next day until later that afternoon, the manger let us leave all our bags and cases in the hotel, to save us dragging them around London, which was so nice. all in all I rate this hotel very highly and would without doubt recommend it to anyone to stay here 10/10

• Stayed March 2012
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Just spent the weekend at the Marriott Kensington, we had a great time, the hotel and its facilties were of a really high standard. The polite and friendly staff focused on the customer which was a pleasure to see.

We found the hotel very comfortable and cleaniless was first class. The executive lounge was a really nice touch, its a pity other hotels don't take on board this idea....

Location was great with 5 min walk to closest tube station. Overall i would highly recommend this hotel for a nice pleasent weekend stay....

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Boynton Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

I am very happy I did chose this hotel and will likely stay here again in the future.

The location is excellent and it was a pretty decent hotel although I did notice a for rent sign outside so I don't know how much longer it would be a Marriott.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BBChef
Dublin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I stayed here on 23rd February due to the fact that the normal Marriott I stay in london was extremely expensive.
Check in was slow, it took nearly 20 mins to check in for one night. At check in I was advised that I got the deluxe room and on entry to the room (on the 8th Floor) I was disappointed from the point i got off the lift.
There was not much room in the corridors and when I got to my room the disappointments did not end there. the deluxe room was a standard queen size bed (even though on my booking I had asked for a king bed). The bed itsself was the usual marriott bed with sufficient pillows etc.
the air con in the room was extremely loud.
The bathroom was standard size however the water pressure was very poor and what should have been a 5 min shower took 3 times the lenght to ensure that all the shampoo was washed clean from my hair.
The "high speed" internet access is a complete joke. At £15 its far to expensive and very slow. I rang down to complain re this speed and though the reception discounted the price by half £7 for this connection is still far too much to pay for what could only be described as a connection from the dark ages.
All in all, I was very disappointed with this hotel and in future I hope that I will be able to book in time that I can get my usual London Hotel (the Marriott Grosvenor Square) which is by far a much better hotel and the service and rooms are of a higher quality.

• 2 of 5 stars
8 Thank Scoopy_1
Glostrup, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

I stayed at Marriott Kensington on the 21st of February and I was disappointed. After I checked in in the afternoon, I went to the bar with a colleague for a light lunch and it took 30 minutes to receive my food. I had a business meeting two miles from there and asked a cab at the door (on the premises) to drive me there. The driver gave me a few excuses for not driving me (without clearly saying the distance was too short) and I ended up being late at my meeting because it took time to get a taxi on the street. The Internet connection was not working well and I had to register again in order to log on a second time, although I had a 24h subscription. At least they agreed to remove the second charge when I checked-out. In addition, they charge a subscription per device so if you access the Internet with your phone, your iPad and your computer, you will pay three subscriptions, which I think is unacceptable. Finally, the ventilation system was very noisy.

Llangollen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

This Hotel is in an ideal location on Cromwell Road. Walking distance to Gloucester Road, South Kensington, Knightsbridge and less than 5 minutes walk to Gloucester Road tube. The staff here are about the best I have experienced in a Marriott or alot of Hotels I have stayed in! So friendly, and make you feel like a valued guest. Have stayed here numerous times and levels of service always high! Loads of bars and restaurants close by, especially on the Old Brompton Road, about a 10minute walk. Great breakfast too! Ok Hotel not in a very touristy area but within walking distance to everything you need! Only downside to the Hotel is the gym which is very small but I understand that is up for let right now. Overall a lovely experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the Hotel which faces Cromwell Road.