Grange Strathmore Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsthe royal albert hallcontinental breakfastgloucester roadthe natural history museumimperial collegequeens gatetube stationthere is no air conditioninglovely hotellounge barfamily roomshort walktwin roomfifth floorroom wasn't readyhyde parkexcellent location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 10, 2014

This is a very pleasant hotel, in a historic building, very close to the Natural History Museum, Science Museum, Royal Albert Hall, the Royal Geographical Society and Imperial College. The entrance decor is very grand, with pleasant welcoming staff. The rooms are well furnished, the bed very comfortable. The breakfast room was airy, and breakfast good. Having stayed on my own in a number of hotels in this area, for business, this is by far the best. I recommend it for a business stay, rather than pleasure, because the rooms are quiet small - my room was small for one and I was kindly upgraded to a double! I will definately stay at this hotel again next time I am in London.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Lovely building, reasonable hotel conversion. Stayed 7 nights, first night in a tiny room, too cramped for us so we were kindly relocated to a more spacious basement room, one with a wardrobe and a sofa. Between 4 and 5am the laundry truck "dropped" the laundry bags over the fence onto the basement ground with loud thuds, so consequently no alarm clock needed. They only had to be told once, but that's not my job! The air conditioning was not good (yes it's winter but a/c was required) until one of the concierge staff kindly "cleaned the filter!" I expect a four star hotel to have face cloths/flannels in the bathrooms and only a small thing but I had to ask housekeeping for tissues. Breakfast was included, but after two attempts we chose a 1000 x better breakfast at Garfunkels near the tube station. Definitely a 3 star hotel

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Only about 3 minutes walk fom the nearest underground station (Gloucester Road), the Grange Strathmore has a charming welcoming atmosphere and staff who are a credit to both their employers and the hospitality industry.

All things considered, my stay there was not only relaxing, but also exceptional value for money.

I look forward to my next visit.

Stuart F

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This hotel is a smaller one in The Grange Hotel chain but I prefer it.
The staff are exceptional and very welcoming, the rooms are very spacious & clean.
We went to a concert in Earls Court, you can get the tube - one stop away or walk along the A4 which is what we did on our return.
The food was good, atmoshphere very nice, relaxing hotel. Full of history and beautiful paintings. Quite a stately hotel.
Highly recommend.

Room Tip: No noise from main roads, all rooms are good. Great nights sleep & blackout curtains are excellent.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 25, 2013

The location at hotel is perfect, Near by have a undergroud station - Glouchester road and south kensington. The hotel is good, but rooms are small, wi-fi connections is chargable and no safes at the rooms. Generally breakfast is delicious and тhe hotel staff was courteous.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends