“Great hotel for a short stay”
Review of Stanley House

Stanley House
Ranked #706 of 1,067 Hotels in London
London
“Great hotel for a short stay”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I have been 5 nights in this hotel and everything has been perfect. It's a little bit outdated, but perfectly clean and staff is very helpness and friendly. Full english breakfast is very good.
We have been in a few hotels in the same street, including a few ones of more stars, and Stanley House is without a doubt the best for its price.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Juan Antonio E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Czech first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
KL
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Just 5 minutes' walk to/from Victoria Station. Our en-suite room was simple, but the shower area and sink were really tiny! Good enough if you're just going back to sleep. Room rates are very reasonable for that location, and included a simple English breakfast as well. There is no luggage storage. You leave your luggage in the common/living area, and only until 4pm. A good alternative is Excess Baggage at Victoria Station where you can leave your luggage for just GBP9 for 24 hours.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the main road.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
nottingham
Reviewed November 17, 2013

This is a really well placed hotel in a great location, By no means is this a luxury hotel but if you want cheap and clean this is for you! We went with friends and shared a room and had great fun, We went to see wicked while we were there and was really close to the Victoria Apollo theater and Victoria tube (really is walking distance). Staff were ok and the breakfast was small but served a purpose to fill a gap but they give you lots of toast! I would stay here again! Cheers

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Not luxury but very inhabitable. Great location 10 mins walk to Victoria. Staff were polite and room serviced daily. We would certainly stay here again. Ideally located for access to Victoria and for the price and great place to lay your head after a Westend show.

• Stayed October 2013
nottingham, england
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My daughter booked this B&B for herself, her brother and me (mum). Stanley House is very close to a lot of the tourist attractions in London. 10 minutes from Buckingham Palace, about a 30 minute stroll to the West End (where we were going to see a show). It is also very reasonably priced. All seemed good so far. On reading reviews just before we left home I was extremely worried. On arrival I thought that I was at the wrong place. From the minute we walked through the door we were greeted by the gentleman at reception, speedy booking in and was given exactly what we requested (I am disabled and was not aware at the time of booking that there was no lift in the four storey property, the day before our arrival I telephoned and explained and was assured that all attempts to cater for me would be made). We arrived into the room which was a lovely size with two single beds and one double and on the ground floor too. Plenty of storage space. The bathroom was also large although the shower head did not fit properly on the wall but it was not a problem for us. Everywhere was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The only thing I found missing was there were no tea/coffee making facilities in the room but was informed that there was a machine in the hallway to use. Most of the time that I went to purchase a beverage from the machine, the owner/staff member opened the machine and put credits on it so we did not have to actually pay for the drinks. On going to breakfast the next morning, there were approximately 4/5 staff dealing with the customers breakfasts. There was very little wait to receive our food even though the dining room was quite full. The breakfast was very nice but in all honesty it could have had a little more food on it, but it was adequate for us. My daughter had taken ill and they made me some toast for her to have in the room which most other hotels/b&b's would not allow. All in all, our visit to Stanley House was a really good one and I would definitely return on our next trip to London. If you want pomp and ceremony then Stanley House is not for you but if you require somewhere homely, comfortable and with pleasant staff, then look no further.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank calamansu
Eger, Hungary
Reviewed October 25, 2013

i ve booked a room for my friends and arranged at check in with the night porter that I am going to come and pick their luggage up . Of course he said nothing to the day porter and he was talking to me withouth checking any information to me in a manner unacceptable, rude, primitive. No, zero, unexisting problemhandling tolerance and helpfuulnes

• Stayed October 2013