Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
    Morton Hotel(London)
    • Bar/Lounge
    2,953 results
    All reviewsrussell square tube stationbrunswick centrebritish museumpiccadilly lineexecutive roomkings crosswest endcovent gardentesco expressexcellent locationst pancrasbreakfast was excellentquiet roomcentral locationmini barfull englishfamily room
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed July 18, 2007

We have just arrived back from a 4 day stay at the holiday inn. we choose this hotel for the location, Russell Square . Getting around London from here is so easy. The Best thing aout this hotel is that our room was kept spotlessly clean by the housekeeping staff. Forget going into Callaghans bar, they have no beers only lager, when asked for a Bitter Shandy the poor trianee did'nt have a clue what I was asking for ! H e was left on his own whilst others stood talking. The phone in our room did n't work properly and after two days we gave up! We had been over to the brunswick mall for a meal and decided to finish off the evening in the bar only to get "jumped on" as soon as we walked in With a R U RESIDENTS ? ! no manners and an appalling attitude by this person. We didnt bother with Breakfast until our last day at £15.00 p.p u can hardly blame us. However the food was ok but they didnt have our room number on their lists!!! Room Service - we came back from a show in convent garden and were peckish! The room service menu is very limited after 11 pm. We ordered a 'holiday inn club sandwich, which is chicken,lettuce ,tomato, bacon & mayo. NO mayo No lettuce and the wedges we requested with it weren't available so they put some cold half cooked chips with it instead. However they didn't t phone us to say they were unavailable we got told when they delivered it !! S o all in all we had agreat time but We definately Will not be Staying Here ever again. I would not rate this hotel as 4 star I've had better service in a 2star which is proberly where we will stay next time in London!! p.s hotel bar is closed on Sundays!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed June 28, 2007

First let me say- always have someone personally check out hotels you are not familiar with. Do not listen to the hotel staff and do not believe in the website photos. Big LIE! What happened to the Holiday Inn reputation and why they are charging $360 a night for this outrageous place? I could expect a little better service and the room quality. There is absolutely no privacy, the windows are facing other rooms, a courtyard style, but the rooms are located just above the roof of another building. Reminder::::::$360 a night. This wasn't a 3 star hotel. DON'T YOU EVER GO THERE!!!!!

There are a lot of cool & less expensive hotels to choose from in the neighborhood. The ICH Group supposedly taking care of the complaint did not help at all, what a lie.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business
    2  Thank bella2611
    Reviewed June 7, 2007

We stayed at this Holiday Inn as part of a 'secret deal' we booked through a website. We stayed four nights total.

Overall, this hotel proved to be very convenient and a generally pleasant place to stay. Our room was nothing posh and was very small - we struggled to find enough room to open our two pieces of luggage. We had no views from our window and instead looked out onto a concrete courtyard facing other rooms. But on the plus side, it was clean and had all the basics you need like a hairdryer, television, etc. They also offer basics toothpaste, ear buds, etc. for free if you've forgotten something. While the rooms could do with a bit of an update, the general lobby area is nice looking, bright and modern.

My only real complaint would be that we stayed in a room next to the cleaner's room. In the mornings at 8am, the cleaners would come and begin slamming their door and talking loudly. It wasn't a problem every morning of our stay, but one morning I counted that the door must have slammed 15 times in one minute. I could have opened our door and said something, I suppose, but I didn't.

The location is great. It's handy for tube access, there's a tesco nearby, a Starbucks less than 5 minutes away and other shops & cafes. We ate breakfast out every morning as the hotel breakfast prices seemed a bit steep and there are plenty of options nearby.

In terms of value, I think this is a pretty good choice if you're on a budget but want to stay someplace half-way decent. I don't know London very well in terms of hotels, but we heard from friends that the price we paid for the location we stayed in was pretty good for London.

One note: oddly enough, they didn't provide any facecloths with the towels - this is usually a pretty standard thing for hotels/motels, but I had to ask every time!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
    15  Thank american_girl_abroad
    Reviewed May 28, 2007

This hotel is a great base when visiting London. Ideally located nearby Russell Square underground station and easy walking distance to the British Museum. Tesco Metro round the corner. Great room rates, particularly when you prepay as we did. Staff were polite and helpful. Would definitely stay here again. Well recommended.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
    13  Thank F1ona
    Reviewed May 3, 2007

I have stayed twice at this hotel in the past month on business trips

The location of the hotel is excellent being a few minutes walk from the tube, the new shopping area, British Museum and London Hospitals. There is a car park under the hotel but this is run by a separate company

Check-in ( & check -out) on both occasions has proved to be very slow, with the reception desk staffed by somewhat unmotivated staff with a limited command of English

Downstairs near reception is a small (non smoking) bar and the entrance to the restaurant & business suites and the attached Irish Pub

The rooms are accessed via lifts in the reception area. On both occasions the rooms have been clean and light with all the normal facilities (TV, kettle, desk light etc) A minor gripe was that the desk light did not work in the first room and I had to reconnect the TV in the second room!

A word of warning-shut your windows before you go to bed- the area seems to be quite noisy at night, primarily police/ ambulance sirens

The standard of the food here is very poor. On my first stay I had dinner in the soulless hotel restaurant which charges restaurant prices for cafe standard food. I had steak with all the trimmings and I feel that most of it had recently seen the inside of a freezer and the steak was very poor. Due to work commitments on my second stay I decided to have room service. I was told that the full room service menu was not available despite it being before the official end time. I ended up with a very unappetising luke warm, dryed up microwaved over priced curry. On a positive note the staff in the restaurant & bars( unlike reception) are extremely pleasant, polite and attentive- full marks to them

Breakfast is served in the restaurant and is the typical buffet style but there was a wide range of choices, fruit juice cereals, full cooked etc

Adjoining the hotel is the Irish bar selling a wide range of drinks and bar meals. All of which were well priced and excellent value- I can recomend the special beefburger £6! This bar seems to be used by hotel guests and locals alike. It has a large TV screen in the centre which seems to show a constant diet of sports prorammes

All in all an adequate hotel with few frills. Reasonable value for its position and a good base from which to explore. Not somewhere where you would want to spend a long time in your room and i would advise anyone to venture out into the local area in order to eat & drink as there is a wide range of excellent bars and restaurants within easy walking distance

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business