Good location near London Bridge and Southwark tube stations. Great for Borough Market and The Shard.
Stayed on a business trip. Very confused check-in process- reception not clearly signposted, staff check you in on iPads and then go off to a back room to get your key- a bit unnecessary I think!
The lobby is great with a nice bar- and free biscuits and fruit! Rooms are very average compared to this though. My room looked tired (it had a stained carpet and the shower needed re-grouting). It was a reasonable size for Central London (I've certainly stayed in smaller rooms for the same price). I found that the hotel was quite noisy- lots of fire doors on the corridors which people let slam shut. I didn't sleep well because of this. I also found that I was unable to close the blackout blind (the instructions on how to do this weren't clear). The room was therefore quite light, which added to my sleeping difficulties. I do like a pitch black bedroom so this might not be an issue for everyone though!!
Breakfast was good- an excellent continental and cooked selection.
I would probably stay again if I got a good rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure London Bridge is a flagship Mercure hotel located in the centre of London. Enjoy famous nearby attractions such as Borough Market and the Shard, whilst being surrounded by nearby shops and art galleries. On entering this charming hotel, you'll sense its unique atmosphere, making you feel at home. Every detail in the hotel has been carefully considered with your comfort in mind. Experience the hotel restaurant, Marco's New York Italian, courtesy of celebrity Chef Marco Pierre White. The hotel is suited for business hotel stays in London, as well as leisure stays, with 4 flexible meeting rooms for events or conferences for up to 60 people with AV equipment and a dedicated host. Enjoy internet access throughout the hotel. Mercure London Bridge is perfectly located for some London shopping, a cultured day out or some London sightseeing, being situated on Southwark Street, only 8 minutes from Borough Market and an 11 minute walk to London Bridge Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure London Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure London City Bankside Hotel London
- Accor London City Bankside
- Mercure London Bridge England