I stayed here for two nights in July (Friday and Saturday) July by myself after a week of work conferences. My first impression of the hotel was a little worrying as I entered via the small carpark at the rear of the building, but as I got inside I was pleasantly surprised. The property is only a four star, but has been recently refurbished so the lobby is very modern and quite nice. The check in staff were very pleasant and gave me an upgrade due to my gold Le Club status. I was given a room on the 7th floor, also recently refurbished. The room was quite small, but that's London - it's very expensive if you want a large room in a central location. While is was small, it was very nicely done with a good sized bed, very nice (small) bathroom and good airconditioning (which is a little rare in the UK!). The property is in a great location, very close to the amazing Borough Markets and Southwark Tube. There are also a number of great bars and restaurants directly across the road. I was a little disappointed when I checked out on Sunday morning that I wasn't able to get breakfast as it was too early (but then I remembered it was 6am on a Sunday), but I was able to get a coffee. I made up for it though at the Emirates lounge shortly afterward! I'd recommend this hotel for a short stay in London and would happily stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure London Bridge is a flagship Mercure hotel located in the centre of London. Enjoy famous nearby attractions such as Borough Market and the Shard, whilst being surrounded by nearby shops and art galleries. On entering this charming hotel, you'll sense its unique atmosphere, making you feel at home. Every detail in the hotel has been carefully considered with your comfort in mind. Experience the hotel restaurant, Marco's New York Italian, courtesy of celebrity Chef Marco Pierre White. The hotel is suited for business hotel stays in London, as well as leisure stays, with 4 flexible meeting rooms for events or conferences for up to 60 people with AV equipment and a dedicated host. Enjoy internet access throughout the hotel. Mercure London Bridge is perfectly located for some London shopping, a cultured day out or some London sightseeing, being situated on Southwark Street, only 8 minutes from Borough Market and an 11 minute walk to London Bridge Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, ACCOR, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Mercure London Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure London City Bankside Hotel London
- Accor London City Bankside
- Mercure London Bridge England