“Good comfortable hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Good comfortable hotel”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Good quality 3* hotel within easy reach of major London attractions via bus or tube. 10 minute stroll from nearest tube.
Room was surprisingly quiet given the location with very comfortable bed.
Staff were courteous and helpful
Would certainly stay again

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank OliveandCliff
Mercure-Bankside, Operations Manager at Mercure London Bridge, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear OliveandCliff,
Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Mercure London Bridge Hotel. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hampshire, England
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the London Bridge Mercure several time but this is the first time since the recent improvements. It was food before but now it is superb. The informal check in is a great idea. Very quick and as usual the staff were friendly, helpful and always smiling. We loved the seating area complete with newspapers, magazine, fruit and cookies. The room as always was perfect. The location of the hotel is ideal, minutes from the tube and good bus routes right outside the door. We are really looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Frampers
Mercure-Bankside, Manager at Mercure London Bridge, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear sylvy_79,
Thank you for taking time to post your thoughts about our "Amazing hotel".
I agree the location is fantastic! with tourist attractions including the Tate Modern, Shakespeare’s Globe, Bankside Pier, London Eye and the Shard within a short proximity Southbank is a travellers paradise. I am glad you chose our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure London Bridge Hotel very soon.
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Mercure London Bridge is a great choice for hotels in the heart of London.

We are a young couple from Romania that visited London in April 2013. Besides easy walking to Tate Modern and St. Pauls, the location proved very close to bus and tube stations, and so to both our major destinations during that city break: Covent Garden and O2.
The rooms were more OK when compared to the "traditional" old and rusty English hotel room. We learnt from the desk that the hotel was recently refurbished and this was seen as soon as we stepped in our room.

Great service! Great location and value for money!
We will definitely book again when travelling to London.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

2 Thank sylvy_79
Mercure-Bankside, Manager at Mercure London Bridge, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear sylvy_79,
I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.
UK
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stay at the Mercure often throughout the year with my job. The hotel reception has had some recent changes and is very welcoming, it has an air of informality about it, no waiting in lines to check in, lots of comfy seating and nice and bright and clean. The staff here are ALWAYS welcoming and friendly; nothing is too much trouble for them. I arrived late evening in Sunday night, check in was quick and efficient, my room was clean and comfortable as always and quiet due to the triple glazing. My only remark this time would be that the heating was not working in my room (via the filter system) so it was a tad on the cool side but nothing major, however the bathroom heating was fine. I ordered room service this time, menu was good and I received a call 5 minutes before it was due to arrive. Food was delicious, no complaint at all. I also ordered an in room breakfast which was hot, on time and well presented. Check out was a breeze, no issues whatsoever. All in all a very pleasant stay. Thank you Mercure

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank welltravelled1970
Dear welltravelled1970,
Many thanks for such a glowing review of our hotel! Your comments about the refurbishment are very much appreciated as it embodies our goals with this improved lobby. Reduced waiting time, effeciency, relaxing environment to join us in and much more. Our passion for providing uncomprimising service to all our guests is at the heart of what we do, we are glad we are meeting your expectations across the hotel.
On your next visit we invite you to try our brand new menu with a variety of new dishes that I am sure you will find very satisfying. Thank you again!
Midlands
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Having read the recent reviews my husband and I stayed at the Mercure as part of a weekend celebration for his 65th birthday.

The reburbishmenst has now been completed and the hotel is very smart, the reception staff are extremly welcoming and helful, and my only critism is that we found the waiting staff at breakfast to be over zealous as we hadnt even been seated at our table before we were asked about toast, tea and coffee etc.

Overall a very pleasant stay.

3 Thank Lancslass_9
Dear Lancslass_9,
I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at Mercure London Bridge Hotel.
Our team are very pleased you found us accomodating, we've taken note of your comments regarding the breakfast and have already begun to address them accordingly.
I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.
Operations Manager.
Milwaukie, Oregon
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We recently spent 4 nights here. The staff at the desk were consistently friendly and very helpful. Our room was very small but clean and updated. It was a little too warm, so we had to keep the window open which was a little noisy. We had a slight problem with the card key. The breakfast was pretty good. The location was convenient and easy to find. It was close to the river and there are a couple of stores (M&S and Tesco) nearby where we got snacks. Overall it was a nice place and we would stay there again.

3 Thank cheryllois1956
Dear cheryllois1956,
Many thanks for sharing your thoughts on here.
I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to Mercure London Bridge Hotel very soon.
SAINT LOUIS
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was my first time to London - and I was there for a couple days on business, needing to be near the Tate Modern. I was a little anxious about how noisy the hotel might be, given that it's on a fairly major thoroughfare. So I requested a room at the back on the hotel and it was perfectly quiet. A room on a higher floor in the front of the hotel might not have been that bad either, given that the street is essentially only a two-lane road. In general, this is a quieter part of London and was a nice area to retreat to at the end of the day. The lobby of the hotel was very nicely renovated in sort of retro-modern style. It was quite a pleasant place to spend time. There were always lots of hotel staff around who were cheerful and eager to help. My room (313) was a bit on the small and sparse side - but overall it worked just fine. The bed was quite firm, but still comfortable. Most important for me, the hotel was quiet inside as well as outside. And I was even close to an elevator. So I had many nights of completely undisturbed sleep. In terms of location, it was a bit of a trek to the nearest tube stop, but there were plenty of restaurants around (such as the delicious Mango Tree for Indian) and it was a few blocks from the great outdoor market, the Borough Market. Overall, this is a really good solid hotel that should please if one is not expecting too many luxury touches in the room itself.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank ArtVoyager
Mercure-Bankside, General Manager at Mercure London Bridge, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear ArtVoyager,
Thank you so very much for such a glowing review!
I am glad to hear our team were accommodating and you had a pleasant experience with us here in London. Our 'retro style' lobby you speak of is brand new. We are very excited by these changes from the conventional to a more innovative, warm and welcoming environment. We look forward to welcoming you back to Mercure London Bridge Hotel very soon.
Florian Jourdhier