“Very cold room” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“Very cold room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

We did not use the bar or dining/breakfast rooms so have no comment to make on them. The bedroom was quite large and clean. The only problem was that the heating did not work and the room was therefore very cold. I reported this to reception and the receptionist said he would bring up a heater straight away, another visitor was reporting the same problem with her room as well. About 45 minutes later a heater had not been provided so I went back down to reception and was told a heater would be provided soon. It then took another 20 minutes or so before housekeeping provided a heater.
I believe that the hotel should check that all facilities in the rooms, including the heating, work before a room is allocated.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mercure-Bankside, General Manager at Mercure London Bridge, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Nautique,
Many thanks for posting your comments. I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. We appreciate all feedback and will be addressing the issues raised to ensure there is not a repeat of this.
I hope to welcome you back at Mercure London Bridge Hotel.
Florian Jourdhier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

An excellently located hotel, with good restaurant, and room quality you would expect from Accor.
Only downside was booking process (direct with Accor not through an agency) which confirmed our booking then requested payment confirmation - bit annoying but my complaint was dealt with efficiently and pleasantly by Reception.
Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank walshshe
Dear Walshshe,
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and have branded us 'Marvellous Mercure' we take pride in our efforts to maintain an exceptional level of service for all our guests.
We hope to see you again in the very near future.

Henley in Arden, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have to stay in London on business quite often. I try and save money by opting for lower price alternatives but on occasions I have no option but to stay here. The staff go out of their way to make you feel at home and the advance electronic check-in/out is very good. On occasions I get upgraded to one of the better rooms, this is a treat. I don not tend to eat breakfast but whenever I do it is better here than in most other places I stay in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Zometa
Dear Zometa,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to Mercure London Bridge Hotel very soon.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Had a Friday night here with my family and was really impressed. Booked well in advance with Hotels.com to secure rooms next to each other, deluxe king for my wife and I and twin next door for my 2 boys and both were comfortable and clean - nice complimentary flapjacks too - our bed was excellent (which is great as my wife is very fussy), bathroom neat and nespresso machine for coffee in the morning.
Will definitely stay again, plus don't forget it's a uniquely convenient location at a reasonable price for London Bridge, Waterloo, the South Bank, City & West End

Room Tip: High up and on the front - there is a lot of construction going on behind the hotel and they don'...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Adrianhands
Dear Adrianhands,
Thank you for your great review. It is a pleasure to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us at the Mercure London Bridge Hotel. We are working very hard to maintain the great experience you enjoyed and endeavour to always exceed our guest’s expectations.
I couldn’t agree with you more, we are in a fantastic location and we encourage all our guests to take advantage of the attractions neighbouring the hotel.
I am pleased that you were happy with your room and the amenities. Ahh the beds! Our guests love our comfy beds so I am glad your wife loved it too!
We look forward to welcoming you back at Mercure London Bridge Hotel.

Edinburgh, Scotland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Here on business for one night. Not cheap at £160 without dinner. Will not be back!!

Front hotel, lobby, staff, restaurant and food all great. Sham the staff are let down by the poor rooms.

My main issue was the room where I am spending my time. It was terrible. Some shabby euro space from what felt like the 1980s. AirCon wasn't aircon so fresh air in room was impossible. It was like a sauna in and in Nov. Carpet and walls looked tired and dirty. Dampness showing via brown stains on ceiling. Bathroom was a joke. Old bath and shower. No toiletries provided apart from a tiny bar of cheap soap. 1970s old style plastic box hair dryer still on the wall with the vacuum pipe. Tv was falling of its stand and picture terrible. No WIFI unless I paid 9€.

For 2012 in a major Olympic city and at £160 a night this is simply not acceptable. I felt like a cheap old businessman shoved into a dirty box.

Manager tells me on a post questionnaire return they are doing up rooms! Well why not have me in one of the new ones! I haven't paid £39 for a dirty overnight lodge!! Oh and apparently Wifi about to be free.

All too late. I would never go back here. Such a shame.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

The staff were friendly and couldnt do enough for us. They got us into a room as soon as possible even though we were hours early. The room was small but very functional. The bed was great. The road noise was bad untill i discovered I had the second window open. Once that was shut there was no road noise at all. The attractions of london were all very close. For example, St Pauls and Tate Modern are within walking distance. The breakfast was good and the staff were very good at their job. A few shops across the road sold cheap snacks and meals on the run.
There was free internet in the foyer but the wifi in the room was a bit expensive.
Ill be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear John Anthony S,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here.
We are continually improving our amenities and services in the hotel and I am pleased to tell you we have upgraded our internet, offering all our guests free Wi-Fi!!

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

We have stayed here several times and this visit was no different.The welcome was warm and enthusiastic and all staff were always courteous and considerate. Our 'priviledge' room was very comfortable and quiet even though it was on the road side. The breakfast was wonderful, with a good selection on both the hot and cold buffet as well as special items available to order separately. We shall return to 'the Mercure' as we like the location. It is ideally suited to the pedestrian who is prepared to use a 'bus. The RV1 stops outside and that is convenient for Waterloo, Covent Garden or Tower Bridge. We are now beginning to plan our next visit!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mavxs
DearMavxs,
Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable.
My team and I are delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves and every aspect of your trip.
Your recommendation is highly appreciated and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure London Bridge Hotel again very soon.

General Manager.