2,216 results
All reviews russell square british museum atrium bar night bar piccadilly line trouser press tube station english breakfast beans large hotel covent garden tea and coffee kings cross bit dated buffet style west end short break
Reviewed February 8, 2010

Just back from a stay in the Imperial Hotel, London. Hotel is in a great loaction for
going to West End shows, shopping and clubs, very central. Oxford Street was in walking distance. Hotel was fine, bit dated but nice bar and hair salon, prices very reasonable in both. All in all good weekend, hotel was fine for putting the head down,.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank SineadAK2008Dublin
Reviewed February 4, 2010

This is a handy location near Euston. The room was smaller than the Imperial Russell Square and although clean the bathroom fittings needed a bit of a refresh. As with the Russell Square, these hotels possibly have the most powerful showers I've ever stood under! Given it's location it was quiet and whilst suitable for a work stay I wouldn't recommend it for a romantic weekend away. It does the job but I wouldn't say you'd want to linger all day in the room. If I had to choose between the two I'd go with the Russell Square as the rooms are a bit bigger.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2010

I'm tall and it was a the accommodations were a bit cramped for my taste. The hotel staff rushed my out of my room to clean while I was on a phone call back to the states :-( Great location, close to the the underground and British Museum. Cheap £78 per night.

Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed December 27, 2009

The location in Russell Square was excellent and close to all the main tourist spots and buses/trains. The hotel itself was very old and dated. I stayed in a single room and it is just a small single bed with a desk. The room smelt very musty and old and the bathroom door was broken and would not close. The worst part of this hotel for me is the inconvenience of having to leave your room key at reception every time you go out. The key is attached to a long metal rod. One night when I came back a group was checking in and I had to wait 20mins just to get my room key. Another time while waiting to get my key a couple were complaining that bags had gone from their room, I had been warned about this by my travel agent so I had the do not disturb on my door at all times. Overall I would not stay at this hotel again, it was old, unfriendly staff and slightly dodgy!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed December 16, 2009

Stayed at this hotel in November. Rooms good size for London and look to be recently renovated, however, if given room located at the front of the hotel or next to the lifts, exceptionally noisy. Towels were very poor quality and extremely small size. Breakfast mediocre, but with the large number of people in the hotel, not unexpected. If having the buffet dinner in one of the hotel restaurants make sure you eat early otherwise it is lukewarm. Great location, handy to the Stations if traveling on Eurostar or coming from the North of England. Also very handy to the British Museum.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple