2,202 results
All reviewsrussell squarebritish museumatrium barnight barpiccadilly linetrouser presstube stationenglish breakfastbeanslarge hotelcovent gardentea and coffeekings crossbit datedbuffet stylewest endshort break
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Whilst we weren't expecting luxury we were expecting a basic level of comfort and convenience for our one night stay. Had we been staying longer we would almost certainly have moved hotels.

The convenience comes from a location close to both the piccadilly and central lines and the West End. The comfort was however unfortunately lacking. The bathroom taps in our room were fitted too far away from the sink which meant that unless the taps were turned on full, the water would pour onto the bathroom surface - the unfortunate result (with children) being that the bathroom flooded within 10 minutes of us arriving. The rooms were not soundproofed which meant that the constant noise of traffic, sirens and shouting throughout the night wasn't conducive to a good nights sleep - contrary to some of the other reviewers, our mattresses were fine albeit we needed to make use of the sofa bed which had springs almost visibly sticking out of it.

The staff were for the most-part friendly - although we were told that we couldn't check-in an hour early without the receptionist even checking the system to see whether the rooms were available. Having said that the hotel staff were accomodating in allowing us to push back our check-out time back by an hour.

Overall not a great experience, the hotel is in desperate need of investment.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jcraiguk
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed for three nights. Reception was very helpful, as well as the housekeeping service. Our room was ready and clean when we arrived - including LED TV, comfortable bathtub, clothes ironing machine, tea maker etc. Actually, nothing to complain about. Breakfast was excellent, healthily varied! Waiters were very prestative!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Stayed for just one night. Reception was very good and our room was ready even though it was before noon when we arrived. Room clean and looked as if it had been updated. Breakfast very good and plenty of choice and waiter service good, Overall would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RubyLeicestershire
Reviewed December 14, 2012

This is the second time I stayed in imperial hotel and both times I felt it was over-priced. There are great places to stay on Sussex Garden that are the same price and provide better service.
When checking in the receptionist seemed to hate that we were bothering her. We then had to step to the side 6 meters to then ask for the key to our room. It seems odd to do this and ask another person for our key when it is just as close to the woman checking us in. While there were not other customers in line. This isn't where the weirdness ended though. When I got to my room I found that the internet needed a password which I wasn't supplied on my card. I called the receptionist and was transferred to the internet specialist who told me the password was too complicated to give over the phone and I needed to go back downstairs. I did this and got the password. Super simple password actually, only 7 characters in uppercase. I tried the internet and it did not work well. I had a total of 2-5 minutes every 4-5 hours. I called for assistance and was told do you have the right password??? and he said the password quite easily over the phone. After that he said that the internet was probably down right now. He did not check and it never got better in the 3 days I was there. Please do not advertise for Wifi if you do not have working wifi.
We wanted to eat breakfast at the hotel the first morning we were there. We talked to the receptionist and asked if we could pay for breakfast. She told us that we had to go up to the restaurant and pay there. When we got up to the restaurant we were told that they cannot accept payment, it must be done at the reception desk. We then had to go back downstairs to let the receptionist know.

All in all there were many of these inconveniences and inconsistencies. Why put up with this if you don't have to?

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Mercedes L
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Having stopped in other hotels in London at similar prices, both me and my partner agree this is the best we have stopped in so far. Thoroughly clean room, tasty breakfast with plenty of choice and excellent waiter service. Room to a very good standard, although this time we were put in a top floor room and despite extra blankets on the bed this room was very chilly. Apart from this another very pleasant visit at this hotel and after 3 visits we would be more than happy to return.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple