“Location, location, location...”
Review of Imperial Hotel

Imperial Hotel
Ranked #559 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 27, 2012

It's fine.For central London, you get a decent (ish) sized room with cupboard space, tea/coffee facilities.The Ritz it is not, but it's more than OK....
Blankets on beds, windows that open; no air conditioning so I wouldn't use it in the summer months...;It's clean. Separate toilet (no washbasin) and a separate bathroom (bath, shower over bath). Plenty hot water too...
The location is perfect for buses and the tube (subway). Get a map of the buses, use an app to download times at nearest stops and you are away...............
Breakfasts are OK. A buffet of sorts; some fresh fruit, although tinned stuff is prevalent; porridge always on offer, tired fried eggs and bacon
Service is excellent from restaurant staff, front desk and porters...
Go for it, for the price...Check special offers..presently get a first night dinner free if staying 2 nights or more...

Room Tip: Quiet rooms face the courtyard, not Russell Square; Higher floors quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,096)

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I found the Imperial to be exactly what I expected for the price.
The location was great for tours - close to the Underground Station, close to the 'Hop on, hop off' Big Bus Tours, normal buses and taxi's everywhere out the front etc..
The room suited my needs (a bed and bathroom really!) and I would stay here again for a short stay (probably max. of 4 nights).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We booked a wheelchair accessible room that turned out to be by no means accessible, when I talked to the manager he tried waffling to me that the place was a compliant with accessibility standards and they wrote to me to iterate the same but no matter how many times they say it, you couldn't get a wheelchair in the toilet and I also checked the London council requirements and it did not meet those, can't stand BS.....Don't go near the place.

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank jock143
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This was my 2nd visit to this hotel. The 1st back in July was for pleasure and most recentlyI stayed for business. Both times I was disappointed by the standard of the rooms. Very basic and in desperate need of a refresh. Everything from the corridors, to the room doors to the decor looks like something out of the shining. This is NOT the cheapest hotel in London so anyone who suggests that you get what you pay for is not really being honest to themselves. If however you don't care about the decor and it's "just a place to put your head for the night" then let me just say that on both stays I slept little more than a couple of hours due to the noise of traffic, people and sirens from the main road. I have stayed on the 5th and 3rd floors but I might aswell have been on the pavement!! Terrible nights sleep!!

The only 2 good things about this hotel is the location and the breakfast.

Room Tip: Avoid a room looking out onto Russell Square
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Shropshire_sun
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The Imperial does what it says on the box. If you are looking for a value hotel with clean rooms and good service, this is a good one. Spent 3 nights here celebrating my wedding. Prior to arrival I asked about flowers and was told they couldn't guarantee colours. However I asked for some colours, if possible, and the arrangement contained them and an excellent arrangement.

Breakfast is simple but is adequate. If you want a bigger selection, try another hotel that charges £15 per person for it!

Can't really fault it. I think a bargain. My only critisism is that they need to purchase some super king sheets for the bed as I woke everyday enveloped in the sheets!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I've just returned from a business trip and stayed at the imperial for one night. To be honest I was dreading it as the last time I stayed here I was in a room that resembled a cell! I was delighted this time around when I discovered my room was a twin room, not a single and it was fairly spacious; I would say three times the size of the room I had before plus it had a great view over Russell square. It's not modern really in any respect, apart from the flat screen tv, but the room was clean and comfortable. To be honest the rooms would need massively overhauled; they are simply dated with faded pictures on the walls, unsightly wallpaper and naff bedding. The pillows were also the thinnest I've ever slept on! But to be honest, London is the sort of place where you just need a base and it did exactly what it said on the tin. It is in a great position with a short walk to Russell square tube station and this sees it through.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We are just back from the Imperial Hotel after a 3 night stay. we had an excecutive room on the 5th floor and it was excellent. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom was large and very well finished with a very powerful shower. The room itself was large with a sitting area, LCD tv and a good supply of tea and coffee. Breakfast was alright with a selection of cereals, toast and a cooked breakfast if you wanted one. The drinks in the bars at night were a good price for central London.
After reading some of the reviews before we went, we were a wee bit worried about what we had booked, but we found the hotel to be very good and can't really think of any bad points.

Room Tip: Book an executive room on a high floor
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple