“It was very good location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Imperial Hotel

Imperial Hotel
Ranked #560 of 1,089 Hotels in London
“It was very good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

I took executive room so I had a very big batheroom. The beds are not comfterbull but was ok. Very good service, and nice bar. It gives good value for the money. And the tube is about 1minute of walking

• Stayed September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

The Imperial Hotel is very nice one. The location is very good. The breakfast is good full english breakfast. The room was clean and good view from the windows. Although it was cold at night. Wi fi connection was alright.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Oktogo.ru

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

I booked this room originally as I was going on a Contiki tour and plus they say this is the nicer hotel between the Royal National. The room is OK. Nothing special. It is clean when you walk in but upon further inspection the sheets have stains on them and so did the linens. I know that they have been washed but you would think that the staff could clearly see a stain while they were making the bed.

The breakfast served is good - eggs, toast, meats and beans. It's a meal that gets you going in the morning. I'm not sure if I would stay here again but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed October 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

My college friends and I where invited on college trip to visit all the "media" based sites in London, this was in February 2011, which was a good while ago. I am planning on going back to London for Christmas shopping and was looking for some form of budget hotel.

THE ROOM- The room was clean enough, nothing special. I did think I could have been doing with thicker blankets as they were very thin and I got very cold in the evening. We did get a noise complaint to our room as ours was the one everyone decided to drink in. Which frankly annoyed me, it seemed everyone in the hotel where students, so for us to get a complaint was very annoying. Even more so that we didn't even have music on! The windows didn't fully open either and there was no mats in the toilet which meant me and my friend where sliding around in the shower and almost fell a couple of times.

THE FOOD- We where booked in for breakfast, which was rubbish. As we had the cheaper booking we where only allowed to take cereal or toast(COLD TOAST) and I couldn't eat the cereal as they only provided blue top and green top milk which is okay, but when I asked for soy or red top I was told no.. so I had no breakfast.

THE STAFF- I found most of the bar staff okay, but the cleaning and maintenance staff were very rude.

Overall it was good value for what you are paying for, and is close to a tube station which takes you all over London. I think next time I will visit a premier inn or travel lodge or something.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lauren M
cheshire, uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

We originally stayed at the sister hotel President but only stayed 1 night as it was awful!!!
Reception arranged for us to move next door to the Imperial Hotel (flagship) at no extra cost.
It was like another world!!! Although 3*, it was a very very good one. Got a large triple room (3 proper beds, not a camp bed). It was clean, airy & bright with large windows & en suite facilities.
Breakfast room was fantastic, waiter service to table & for tea & coffee but self service for food.
Good amenities in a central location in the heart of Russell Square, ideal for all the London sights.
Would definitely return & recommend to others.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank samsyCheshire_Uk
Chico, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

It has been five years since my last review of this property, and because I have stayed there several times in the intervening period (usually for only one or two nights at a time at the front- or tail-end of a longer journey elsewhere in Europe), I thought I would briefly update my earlier review. The Imperial Hotel is a basic tourist-style hotel that offers clean rooms at a competitive (for London) price. Multiple elevators serve eight or nine floors, housekeeping is competent, and the breakfast spread is more than adequate to get you off and running for the day. True, rooms facing the street and Russell Square just opposite are not as well insulated from the street noise as most visitors would like, but I have never found this to be a great distraction from getting a decent night's sleep. And, true, the en suite facilities interestingly locate the toilet in its own small room just across from the shower and basin. I don't stay there for the ambience of the rooms or the color/design of the bedding--rather, I stay there almost entirely for the convenience of its location. Just a short walk from the Russell Square tube station on the Piccadilly line, I find that I can get anywhere I want to go either directly or with a minimum of transfers. And getting to and from LHR via the Piccadilly line is a direct-connect breeze. The staff at the desk is friendly and helpful; and the free internet connection (either via a provided cable or a Wi-Fi signal) is reliable. For these reasons, the "Good Value for Money" theme from my first review remains true and relevant. I will continue to stay at this property on my subsequent trips to London.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Gorbster
Vught
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

After reading the other reviews,i can only agree with them.
When you arrive you are greeted by a large marble reception area with a huge chandelier and a modern bar area..........then the 'fun" starts.You are greeted by a poor English speaking front desk clerk,who after checking you in points you in the direction of the concierge to get your room key.The poor English speaking concierge then issues you with your key-if you do not understand what they say,they merely point at a pictogram and pre printed sentences!!!!!!!
Taking the highly polished lift to your floor and what do you see when the doors open......the 1980's.
In the rooms the windows are steel framed single glass ones-from the 1970's which were removed from council houses years ago.......so it is VERY noisy in your room and feels as though you are sleeping on the street.The ill fitting windows make it also cold at night.I agree with the other reviewer about the constant flow of Fire,Police and Medical vehicles the wholeday through.
The matresses are very poor and one can feel EVERY SINGLE spring that is inside-i thought the whole purpose of a Hotel was to give thier customers a good nights rest????
The breakfast on the other hand was a full English affair and rather good-Guests did complain of the lack of choice for the continental Breakfast.
On the whole a very poor Hotel with a very poor attitude for customer service, you will be charged 50 pence per bag when leaving bags with the concierge while you do your last shopping and have checked out-in all the Hotels i have stayed in-i have NEVER had to do this-it is called service.
Of all the staff we encountered,we only found 3 who spoke English we could understand-and they were English!!!!!!!
My award for most unhelpful and rude staff member goes to the short ,plump Australian Concierge and the Tall blonde East-european Young man who cannot speak English and gets annoyed if you say "pardon" when he says something.
My advice is to spend 20 pounds extra and stay at the newly refurbished Hilton Doubletree 50 metres up the road.We will not not be using this Hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank manopkip

Travelers are raving about these London hotels