2,202 results
All reviewsrussell squarebritish museumatrium barnight barpiccadilly linetrouser presstube stationenglish breakfastbeanslarge hotelcovent gardentea and coffeekings crossbit datedbuffet stylewest endshort break
Reviewed November 25, 2011

i was reading other peoples coments and was a bit worried especially see photos. am used to staying in a four to five star hotels , but this was three i thought it was very good . went to london for my birthday, receptionist was very helpful and smiled.
we had to collect key from porter he looked board and was reading a paper im sure there was a job for him to do. the key was on a giant rod which we thought was funny as i am used to a key card.
hotel was very nice i have enclosed photos - room was very clean and we were at the back of hotel so it was very quiet. had a great night sleep beds where very comfy.
hotel had 5 lifts so you not waiting around for it.
breakfast was full english and there was plenty, the hall for breakfast was lovely.
could not really fault hotel as this is 3 star.
we also left luggage which there charge 50p so not arguing with that price.
thanks for lovely night.

Room Tip: choice excutive and ask for the rooms at the back of hotel
Reviewed November 25, 2011

We stayed here this week. On arrival I thought I must be abroad as the check in staff could not understand me!!!! Having checked in we were given the biggest key you have ever seen, proper comedy sketch stuff. We headed up to the room which was surprisingly spacious, this was about the nicest surprise....... The bathroom needed a dam good clean, filthy shower head, shower curtail rail and curtain were really bad. Funky brown stain down the tiles next to the bin, and what was going on around the bath taps that was some thing for forensic services to study!!!!!
THE BED...... well this was two singles pushed together, not fastened so kept moving. When you laid on the bed it was like a hammock huge dips..... The bed sheets had holes in and didn't actually fit the bed so the sheets didn't stay put. No duvet just sheets and blankets with cigarette burns in. A good location but don't expect any thing luxurious!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank cdm381
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Just arrived back from a Thomas Cook 3 day cheapy at the Imperial. My expectations were far exceeded by this hotel. It was well placed for Kings Cross (10 miins walk) and within easy walking distance of Covent Gdns. Tube station is very close. As it was my 60th they upgraded me to an executive room at the back of the building. It was a good size and was clean and well appointed. Breakfast was excellent and kept us going for most of the day. I cannot understand the issues raised re service. The front desk were excellent and very helpful. We booked all our tickets for attractions through them at discounted rates. Dining room staff were also excellent as were the cleaning staff. Perhaps its down to how you treat them!!
If you can get a good deal on the hotel I would certainly recommend that you take it- I would have no problems with a return visit.
Other tips- Very good Turkish restaurant over the road from hotel- I have been to its sister restaurant in Nottingham- I recommend both.
Madame Tussauds much better than I imagined and the 4D show is excellent.
Both the Jersey Boys and Lion King are fab.

Room Tip: High floor at rear
Reviewed November 23, 2011

So, the reviews I read were not so favourable, but reading between the lines, I decided to give it a go. The staff are, I must confess, a strange mix of pleasant, unpleasant, stand-offish. But I only wanted to check in, so I let that one slip by. The room key is a key and it's attached to an almighty rod (for security purposes). Key was put in a drop box and you need to present our check-in card as proof to get it back. No biggee. Room was small, but by no means unbearably so (I've stayed in closets in London for twice the price). Clean, comfortable, TV. Breakfast was a buffet. OK, very popular, lots of food but not, for me, that appealing. So, a bacon sandwich was breakfast. The location is terrific - around the corner from Russell Street tube, lots of restaurants, walking distance to Thames. All this with a good price. I'd come back.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room which put me overlooking the courtyard rather than the street.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank sandgroper1963
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Ok- the location by Russell Square is fantastic and the tube stop is right there. The breakfast is outstanding for London which by the way is the most overpriced hotel city in the world. We just came in from Barcelona on 11/18/2011 where we stayed in the hotel Colon and the difference was night and day- the rooms in this hotel were extremely disappointing -- small, ill appointed and with no way to adjust the radiator except with a shoe banging on a valve. We went thru two rooms before we found one that was minimally acceptable. London itself it tending towards being a third world city- the center is all torn up ie Leicester square, the theater offerings are not inspiring, the tube is becoming increasingly unreliable, and the prices are getting ridiculous for what you get. Next time coming back from continental Europe we will skip London totally.

Room Tip: don't stay
3  Thank affabletraveler